SAU Community

Just Cars Insurance - bye bye

7 hours ago, in71ce said:

I just spoke with Shannons and all just car customers will be transferred to them as they are underwritten by AAMI, hopefully prices dont change lol

...unless they go down. ;)

For those of you who do track days, Famous Insurance also cover you for this up to $10k or your sum insured whichever is the lesser - it's an additional option which you need to choose (and pay for of course).

My series 3 R33 GTR is with them, $45k value and $1100 a year - every single modification listed.

They also have an association with CAMS Australia, which Shannons used to have however this is now with Famous.

Edited by stag98
  • Like 1

Not particularly. An extra $400 a year (thereabouts) when I sought cover for it, and it covers damage to your car as a result of a collision, but excludes cover for damage due for an incident if caused by mechanical failure such as if your brake hose splits and you hit someone or an oil line bursts and it catches fire (which is fair enough!)

Level 2 licence is required and this is generally what most people who partake in regularity events, drift days etc hold.

If you're doing multiple track events a year, it isn't a huge amount to have some piece of mind.

Page 46 of their PDS, and written pretty self explanatory - http://www.famousinsurance.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/45707_Famous-Car-Insurance.pdf

Edited by stag98

For those of you who do track days, Famous Insurance also cover you for this up to $10k or your sum insured whichever is the lesser - it's an additional option which you need to choose (and pay for of course).
My series 3 R33 GTR is with them, $45k value and $1100 a year - every single modification listed.
They also have an association with CAMS Australia, which Shannons used to have however this is now with Famous.

Famous quoted me $1700 for full comp insurance on r34 gtt sedan. Its only got intercooler mod and wheels n suspension
Clean record driver and over 30yr old

Not particularly. An extra $400 a year (thereabouts) when I sought cover for it, and it covers damage to your car as a result of a collision, but excludes cover for damage due for an incident if caused by mechanical failure such as if your brake hose splits and you hit someone or an oil line bursts and it catches fire (which is fair enough!)
Level 2 licence is required and this is generally what most people who partake in regularity events, drift days etc hold.
If you're doing multiple track events a year, it isn't a huge amount to have some piece of mind.
Page 46 of their PDS, and written pretty self explanatory - http://www.famousinsurance.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/45707_Famous-Car-Insurance.pdf

The odds of collision at the track are far less than f**king up and going into a barrier. Also it only covers cams events. So if you hop between aasa and cams events you are then stuffed.....

I do maybe 2 cams events a year and 3-4 aasa ones.

Just received a letter from just cars. They won't issue any new policies after the 17/1/17. Existing policies will run until renewal is due and customers will receive a renewal offer from Aami 5 weeks before there policy expires.

Waits for Aami to tell me my car is too modified. Lol.

Damn that's gaids. Lucky my R33 shit box modified floating barge is with NRMA Vintage and it cost less than 1/3 the cost of my stock Mazda 3 SP25 lol.
R33 is insured for nearly the same price as the SP25.
Makes no sense.

I should move to Sydney to take advantage of this [emoji12]

so what is reasonable? with Shannons here and pay about 700 per year for ' market value' (currently around 10,500) comprehensive on a modded R33..Old driver, no claims. Only thing that concerns me is I don't have salvage rights...which would be the real value if the car was ever a write off.

1 hour ago, hardsteppa said:

so what is reasonable? with Shannons here and pay about 700 per year for ' market value' (currently around 10,500) comprehensive on a modded R33..Old driver, no claims. Only thing that concerns me is I don't have salvage rights...which would be the real value if the car was ever a write off.

go to NRMA Vintage Insurance, it's half what you're paying + you get free road side assist/tow if you're 100km+ away from home.

14 hours ago, admS15 said:

I should move to Sydney to take advantage of this emoji12.png

Racv offer classic / veteran / vintage cover in Victoria, literally same deal as the nrma one. I've got my z32 on it,  almost a quarter the price of my previous shannons policy.

16 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Damn that's gaids. Lucky my R33 shit box modified floating barge is with NRMA Vintage and it cost less than 1/3 the cost of my stock Mazda 3 SP25 lol.

R33 is insured for nearly the same price as the SP25.

Makes no sense.

It does make sense, because the NRMA V&V scheme is specifically designed to cater for a certain assortment of vehicles, there is also a usage limitation on the V&V policy as well - where as the SP25 would likely be on a normal motor policy and on frequent usage.

My R33 GTR ($45k) is on a limited use set up with Famous and it costs less to insure than my gf's lancer ($14k) which is on an everyday usage.

I guess insurance generally only makes sense (when dealing with loss ratios, claim frequency, average claim costs, claims per age demographic, claims per vehicle make, claims per vehicle value brackets etc) for those of us who work in the industry ;)

2 hours ago, stag98 said:

It does make sense, because the NRMA V&V scheme is specifically designed to cater for a certain assortment of vehicles, there is also a usage limitation on the V&V policy as well - where as the SP25 would likely be on a normal motor policy and on frequent usage.

My R33 GTR ($45k) is on a limited use set up with Famous and it costs less to insure than my gf's lancer ($14k) which is on an everyday usage.

I guess insurance generally only makes sense (when dealing with loss ratios, claim frequency, average claim costs, claims per age demographic, claims per vehicle make, claims per vehicle value brackets etc) for those of us who work in the industry ;)

I guess so, however the SP25 has a 10k km limit and the R33 has a 9k km limit... which is why I find it funny... so "technically" both cars "could" be used the same amount of time.

However it does come down to statistics, more crash =  higher premiums.

• Like 1