SAU Community

Garrett GXT3076R Gen2 on my R33

Shoey84

I can never find any solid information regarding this turbo and the RB25Det. 

So in the next few days I will be having one fitted to my car and tuned. Dyno sheet will be uploaded as well.

My mods are,

GARRETT GT3076R-56T G2 TURBOCHARGER T3 INTERNAL WASTE GATE
TURBINE HOUSING 0.82A/R

AEROFLOW BILLET EFI FUEL RAIL NISSAN RB25

Aeroflow 100psi oil filled gauge

Bosch 1000cc top feed 

Turbo smart FPR800 

Walbro 255HP pump

Relay mod for the pump and earth mod

Splitfire Coils

NGK BCPR7ES-8

FFP 

Front mount intercooler 

K&N air intake 

Z32 AFM

Apexi power FC with hand controller 

Autometer boost gauge

exhaust is 3" straight through with 1 rear muffler 

Internal mods unknown

*Note engine bay photo is a before photo. After photo to come with dyno sheet update 

Factory fitted sunroof, GTR wing, N spec body kit, front and rear strut braces, coil-overs 

and more. It's only done 125,000 kms not bad for a 1994 model.

fullsizeoutput_3fc.jpeg

N24152.jpg

0000490_walbro-fuel-pump-genuine-install-kit-in-tank-pump_870.jpeg

FPR800v2_blue_top.jpg

N33054.jpg

Bosch 1000cc injector EV14-500x500.jpg

IMG_0531.JPG

EL03063_1_2.jpg

IMG_0049.JPG

IMG_0515.JPG

IMG_0423.JPG

• Like 2

Keen to see some results from the GEN II 3076. Should do 300rwkw on 98. I assume you're not going E85 with a little walbro 255? To get the most out of a GTX you'll wanna be running E85 and pump some boost through her :)

My old school GT3076R-WG makes 500.9whp on E85 20psi boost with headgasket/studs/cams, stock bottom end. Previous tune with completely unopened motor was 286rwkw on 98 18psi and 325rwkw on E85 22psi. 

Mine is external gate on CRG highmount mani also.

results ! 

conservative tune as I have now maxed out the AFM time for a map sensor setup to take it to the next level. Im also going to need a new boost gauge as that has maxed out too. 

Im very happy with the results and how it drives on and off boost. It will how ever take time to get used to driving with this new setup. 

C-Red did a amazing job with everything. 

fullsizeoutput_424.jpeg

uuJtlOCGRLiqPdbLJw7gKA.jpg

E1AD26j0QY+lS0IlA+d66A.jpg

bE+0x%0IT8C231KmItwgsg.jpg

1 hour ago, klutched said:

Keen to see some results from the GEN II 3076. Should do 300rwkw on 98. I assume you're not going E85 with a little walbro 255? To get the most out of a GTX you'll wanna be running E85 and pump some boost through her :)

My old school GT3076R-WG makes 500.9whp on E85 20psi boost with headgasket/studs/cams, stock bottom end. Previous tune with completely unopened motor was 286rwkw on 98 18psi and 325rwkw on E85 22psi. 

Mine is external gate on CRG highmount mani also.

Looks like mine did about the same. I wont be able to go to E85 there is no where close to fill up. Over here in W.A we only have 6 servos that sell it in Perth metro. 

I was advised that I'm now restricted by the AFM and the exhaust manifold. I was only aiming for 15psi but as I have found out this turbo loves the boost.  

8 hours ago, Dale FZ1 said:

Should prove to be a good combination Craig.

Next stop, upgraded clutch to handle the mumbo.

looks like it held up no issues. It was previously a track circuit car the suspension is still setup for it and other things on the car. 

Nice work, I was expecting better numbers than that especially with that sort of boost :/

Exhaust manifold isnt restricting, theres heaps of boys running a lot more power than you on stock manifold. AFM would be but I thought they could go a bit more than that. If you have the coin replace the dinosaur ecu and get a link/haltech whatever your tuner prefers and piss the afm off as I'm not sure you can upgrade unless you go to an R35 one but not sure if the PFC can use them or not.

• Confused 1

I think thats theres a lot more too it then just the AFM getting close. I will have to have a chat to the tuner and find out what other things where happing while it was being tuned.

I do remember him saying that the coils may have had issues but i am running the splitfire one's could also have been the coil module. 

Spark plugs could have also been letting it down although they had just been replaced.

Also the weather temp this day was in the 35+ degrees so this is also a big factor to the out come of the HP.

I am very happy with the way it drives on and off boost. I fully trust the tuner and he has been doing it for a long time his dyno is known to read lower then other dynos. How ever when I get a chance I will put it onto another dyno for a power run to see what it is. 

On another note here is a few pic's of the dump pipe. 

l8C1xM6aR5COgGCkFkSPTw.jpg

%JoOk+qgRXus2+KxvXendQ.jpg

WDqNAvqxSFiHjqgvUCMaDQ.jpg

On 02/12/2017 at 3:23 AM, klutched said:

Nice work, I was expecting better numbers than that especially with that sort of boost :/

Exhaust manifold isnt restricting, theres heaps of boys running a lot more power than you on stock manifold. AFM would be but I thought they could go a bit more than that. If you have the coin replace the dinosaur ecu and get a link/haltech whatever your tuner prefers and piss the afm off as I'm not sure you can upgrade unless you go to an R35 one but not sure if the PFC can use them or not.

I agree that something isnt 100% how ever i do trust the tune. 

I have also had thoughts about the PFC being old tech and would like to go to something like a Haltech. The tuner said that it would be my next step among other things if i wanted to get more power and remove the AFM. 

Considering its internal gate, i think the result isn't too bad at all. If you where to go external off housing or even better, the manifold you would get a fair gain. Since e85 is a no go for you, you could consider water/meth injection. trevz in wa runs it on his 33 and ute i believe, you could get some pointers from him if you wanted to investigate that route.

The GTX76 mm is best working externally gated, I believe it is too big to be carried with an 60mm GT30 turbine wheel internally gated. In many cases you probably won't notice much of a power differences running this turbine setup internally gated on pump fuel with a GT71mm GT76mm GTX71mm and GTX76mm except the bigger wheels are comparatively laggier. The best way of taking advantages of the extra compressor flow would be running an external gate to your factory exhaust manifold. 

• Like 1

I’m about the fit the same turbo all Be it will be on 6 boost and external wastegate, top mounted, on 98 Ron to a unopened rb25 neo, also power F.C.  Intend to run a r35 gtr afm probably in 4” tube 

im still on stock inlet manifold, will that be a major hold back ? Or just a minor issue? 

Also, do you need a external oil restrictor on these turbos for rb25 ?

Edited by Eager