SAU Community

R34 GTT Clutch Suggesstions

Hi all

So i'm planning on putting a fair bit more power behind my 34. Is a factory Neo, 25det manual. However am struggling to find a good clutch option to hold 300kw (expecting somewhere between 500-600nm of torque). The issue i'm having is because the car is a pull type clutch, not push. I'm also struggling to find an actual in depth guide of converting the 34 gearbox to push type, which would instantly solve my issues.

So basically i'm stuck looking for a clutch that can hold that power for pull type, because I cannot find many options over here in New Zealand. That, or has anyone had any experience or know of a guide that shows how to convert it to a push-type system? I'm not wanting to swap my gearbox for an R33 one, as mine is in perfect condition. Have heard something about potentially swapping the bellhousings over though?

Any advice or light on the subject would be appreciated!

What the guy above said. That's what I'm running in my r34 GTT, awesome clutch, never going back to plain exedy unless it's modified... Had a exedy cushion button clutch behind 220kw and the thing failed after 2000kms.

2 hours ago, Dyzzii said:

Is there a way I can contact them without phoning? As i'm unfortunately in New Zealand. If so I may flick them an email and see if they can arrange shipping one over! Appreciate the advice guys!

Doesn't new Zealand have phones? Or is the massive time difference the issue?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

Doesn't new Zealand have phones? Or is the massive time difference the issue?

When talking overseas it's not pleasant for either party to have a solid 3-4 second delay before anything said is received by the other person. Makes the entire process a pain. I managed to find their website and email them, but appreciate the remark nonetheless

5 hours ago, Dyzzii said:

When talking overseas it's not pleasant for either party to have a solid 3-4 second delay before anything said is received by the other person. Makes the entire process a pain.

Um....it's not 1975 any more.  There is no perceptible delay on international calls, regardless of whether you use a landline, a mobile, skype on your computer or a payphone.  Hell, I routinely dial into 20 way phone conferences based in places like Minnesota from my home phone, mobile or computer, from motels and airports on wi-fi and all other sorts of crap, and there's not enough delay to cause any angst.

Also +1 for buy Nismo twinplate, job done, forever. Will obviously bolt up to the standard R34 configuration :p.

You can buy a clutch rated for 309kw when you have 300kw, or you can get one rated for 450+kw when you have 300kw. The Nismo twinplate is easier to drive than everything else listed here.

It is also more expensive. ?

You can buy a single plate clutch to hold 320KW at any brake and clutch shop. I got an Exedy heavy duty clutch and its fine. Or if you want a Nismo twin plate they are available in all the main centres or buy direct from Japan