SAU Community

Daymo's Back! - R32 RB25DET NEO

1 minute ago, soviet_merlin said:

Ooo, the car is looking great!

How is visibility out the back with the wing that aggressive?

Thanks, visibility isnt the best, however it was never great anyway as the rear view mirror has a tendency to vibrate in my car and tilt down all the time 😆

Side mirrors still work though, and im barely ever looking behind me!

• Haha 1

• 8 months later...
15 hours ago, samw/skyline said:

How did/does the yelsha trigger kit work for you? Looking like I might get one. 

I haven't got around to fitting it yet, i bought a couple of different timing belt covers, new bolts etc, then i was missing a gasket. so i ordered the gasket and just haven't got around to fitting it all again.

Thanks for the reminder though, might be something i investigate this long weekend!

5 hours ago, DaymoR32 said:

I haven't got around to fitting it yet, i bought a couple of different timing belt covers, new bolts etc, then i was missing a gasket. so i ordered the gasket and just haven't got around to fitting it all again.

Thanks for the reminder though, might be something i investigate this long weekend!

Haha no problem. Let me know how it goes if you get it working for you. I hope it’s straight forward 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/25/2024 at 4:02 PM, samw/skyline said:

Haha no problem. Let me know how it goes if you get it working for you. I hope it’s straight forward 

Just waiting on my timing light to be delivered then i'll be fitting the kit up. will take plenty of photos of the process as it will be a learning curve for me with the haltech settings.

in the meantime though i ordered some carbon fibre ganador style mirrors the other month. fitted them up and pretty happy with them!

Had a prang a few months ago and badly dented the Offside Front Guard, so you'll be able to see the difference in the paint!

and also some a photo's that were taken at the border battle car show in Albury back in october - some of them actually appeared in street machine february issue.

399693416_728635862626267_2303669391112482446_n.thumb.jpg.f8f2dcc274ca2349e96d399a85cad816.jpg

399497664_728635832626270_8824473736589487987_n.thumb.jpg.4a19cf018ea5d92eb2613a72076f1b2b.jpg

IMG_6606.thumb.JPG.61d2f59e9a8007f4d4e1ce508c177a13.JPG

IMG_6607.thumb.JPG.ab3d1f023c93a2c34a564a5080f83024.JPG

IMG_8084.thumb.jpg.e0a6cecc26004e5a5da076bff4d03f08.jpg

IMG_8085.thumb.jpg.bc64f9037f42f82323fa210394d1350e.jpg

IMG_8086.thumb.jpg.516bf440f2dbe6b5e19c6bf0d3560561.jpg

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, DaymoR32 said:

plenty of photos of the process as it will be a learning curve for me with the haltech settings.

That kit is similar to the NZ Wiring Trigger kit, this is what I have for mine (your offset might be a little different as the plate, as I'm sure each manufacturer has it a little different)

image.thumb.png.db2311243bb5bf414e05518deb9b0746.png

image.thumb.png.a8285c3f7ff2bccb4afe462b505d18fc.png

I do have the filter slightly high, might drop it

image.thumb.png.8d0554fe4676540ebe9030d36139c3fc.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

That kit is similar to the NZ Wiring Trigger kit, this is what I have for mine (your offset might be a little different as the plate, as I'm sure each manufacturer has it a little different)

image.thumb.png.db2311243bb5bf414e05518deb9b0746.png

image.thumb.png.a8285c3f7ff2bccb4afe462b505d18fc.png

I do have the filter slightly high, might drop it

image.thumb.png.8d0554fe4676540ebe9030d36139c3fc.png

You're a bloody legend! so i just basically turn off fuel, lock timing at 10 degrees, and then tweak the TDC angle until the timing light shows 10 degrees too?

instructions state a rough trigger offset of 97which im assuming is in relation to slightly different positioning of sensor?

https://nzairfilter.co.nz/yelsha-d-instructions.pdf

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DaymoR32 said:

You're a bloody legend! so i just basically turn off fuel, lock timing at 10 degrees, and then tweak the TDC angle until the timing light shows 10 degrees too?

Pretty much, once the car is running, check it again (with the engine running) :)

48 minutes ago, DaymoR32 said:

instructions state a rough trigger offset of 97which im assuming is in relation to slightly different positioning of sensor?

That's for a Link, I can't recall the reasoning, however if you take 97 and minus it from 720 you get 623 degrees :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Pretty much, once the car is running, check it again (with the engine running) :)

That's for a Link, I can't recall the reasoning, however if you take 97 and minus it from 720 you get 623 degrees :) 

ah that makes sense now, thanks for explaining!

• Like 1

Managed to get it all installed, along with a carbon timing belt cover, made sure to use the correct spacer to ensure there is a 1.3mm gap.

having issues with it not starting now, checked the scope and there are no wave forms whatsoever. I’ve followed the pin out correctly. However I’m wondering if the pinion may be different as this is a Neo in a 32.

read up on haltech tuning tips and it says to swap ecu pins 1&5 and 2&6 around.

will have a look tomorrow arvo at where to swap these pins around in the software as I don’t want to mangle the connector trying to change them round in the loom. Anyway a couple of photos for the time being.

IMG_8148.thumb.jpeg.f31f0d634c415b522aa0cd3330e321ff.jpeg
IMG_8149.thumb.jpeg.cdaa86fa07081f26076bbe97c82290bb.jpeg

IMG_8150.thumb.jpeg.d04ab39c3d5bcf73ea3952dceeca6acc.jpeg

IMG_8152.thumb.jpeg.92a4450c5d8a78cb65b15605ed2fac0d.jpeg

Looks like the connector itself on the trigger kit is pinned funny. 

Make sure you're not wired to the +12V, it should be sensor GND and back to B1 on the Elite 2500 (need to find the post I wrote years ago).

Edited by Duncan
Corrected B2 to B1 at OP request

On 17/04/2024 at 11:03 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Looks like the connector itself on the trigger kit is pinned funny. 

Make sure you're not wired to the +12V, it should be sensor GND and back to B1 on the Elite 2500 (need to find the post I wrote years ago).

yep, looks like the wiring guide has me wiring white to Ground and black to Trigger 1 (on 34 wiring), even if i went off the 32 wiring, the sensor is still wrong isnt it? white to trigger 2, black to 12v.

I'm assuming black is ground and white needs to go to trig 1? so just a case of swapping white and black around in the plug.

Neo/Hitachi CAS help needed! - RB Series - R31, R32, R33, R34 (1986-2002) -  SAU Community

1 hour ago, DaymoR32 said:

black is ground and white needs to go to trig 1?

I think so, I'll have a look when I'm home later.

I wrote a post on the now defunct Haltech forum detailing this, very useful they deleted it lol.

4 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

I think so, I'll have a look when I'm home later.

I wrote a post on the now defunct Haltech forum detailing this, very useful they deleted it lol.

Absolutely baffles me why they deleted the forum. the facebook group can be kind of helpful, but you get too many bellend's spreading the wrong information.

Went home at lunch and swapped the white and black around and still nothing.

When i get on the laptop later today or tomorrow i'll see which pin leads to what colour wire (have a wiring specialities harness)

That should clear up any confusion hopefully.

For the NZ wiring kit (which Yelsha copied) the black wire is + and the white is -. For me (according to my wiring notes) I have the black (+) connected to pin B1 and white (-) pin B5. Hope that helps?

Just now, R3N3 said:

For the NZ wiring kit (which Yelsha copied) the black wire is + and the white is -. For me (according to my wiring notes) I have the black (+) connected to pin B1 and white (-) pin B5. Hope that helps?

Thanks, yeah the yelsha just uses a cheaper (non bosch) sensor i believe. if thats the case then the way i had the wiring the first ime should be correct. definitely going to have to consult the pin locations for the ECU. otherwise we are all just guessing!

• Like 1