SAU Community

Tuning question

Morning all. Before we start, YES i know it is bad driving without a tune but just trying to gauge how bad

just recently upgraded to atr43ss2 with wg45mm external gate on stock manifold. At the same time i deleted all the bs sensors at the rear of the rocker covers on neos just to clean things up a bit. Just wondering how bad itd be beating on the car running at 10psi with said mods? Car feels amazing and pulls decent, can definitely feel at times when it leans out and bogs but i pull out of it asap! Only live once right so send it?! 

Are you running the standard ECU?

I think you will blow up the engine, probably before I have had a chance to push "Submit Reply"

If the mods you said above are the whole list, you need an ECU, almost certainly injectors, maybe a different air flow meter for it to run properly

There are no BS sensors at the rear of the rocker covers. There is one essential ECU boost sensor (essential to the stock ECU anyway), and some solenoid valves that you really shouldn't just pitch unless you know what they did and what you have just done to the engine.

But, yes, wind the boost up now, to at least 15 psi, and just go for it.

• Like 1

Hahaha relax boys i know its not good. Ive got an ecu waiting and tuned booked for next month but what 20 year old isnt going to get an external gate and use it? Lol just gauging how bad it is. I see now extremely bad hahaha wish i knew that before ripping on it all last night, luckily no issues but ill stop dad :( 

On 8/29/2021 at 12:10 PM, joshuaho96 said:

I was afraid to get into boost with just a turbo swap on my R33 and that's running wastegate boost on HKS GTIII-SS turbos.

As these boys said. Just send it mart

On 8/29/2021 at 7:34 PM, Ben C34 said:

Was that video of a send ? Looks like a 14 second quarter mile.

Well thats gotta be good considering its big turbo with stock injectors, pump and tune right? Especially in the wagoon 

On 06/09/2021 at 1:20 PM, STATUS said:

i hope the map sensor is still fitted.....

Trent nice to see you back posting again ! Don't be a stranger as its good to hear feedback from such experienced tuners as yourself 👍

• Like 2