SAU Community

TENSION ROD BUSHING

On 3/1/2022 at 3:34 AM, GoHashiriya said:

My caster rod had an oil leak - caster was a bit out on the alignment, nothing crazy. I idiotically thought it was splash back from an engine-related leak until I dug around on forums.

Oil? There's oil in there?

• Like 1

On 02/03/2022 at 10:12 PM, NCred02 said:

Oil? There's oil in there?

Technically a viscous fluid, heaps of OEM bushes have it. It's like a clear silicone based shit of a thing that sticks to everything.

Replace with Polyurethane 👍

...or rose joint / spherical bearing turnbuckle adjustable castor rods ☠️

• Like 3

I didn't notice a single scrap of extra NHV going from poly bushes to sphericals in the caster arms. I did notice the lack of the lower end of the uprights flailing around though. The increase in trust in front end behaviour was a quantum jump.

• Like 3

On 3/3/2022 at 9:42 AM, djr81 said:

The only downside that I found was less compliance/more crash in the suspension when you went over things like train tracks/potholes etc.

Something else is wrong then, I run sphericals on both R33's with no increase in NVH.

R32s are limited as to how much caster you can wind in by the upper arm bush binding problem. But adjustment is not the issue here. The issue is preventing any movement along the axis of the rod. Even poly bushes allow several mm of movement with longitudinal loads. Pushes the wheel fore and aft and affects every part of the wheel alignment in a bad way.

On 3/1/2022 at 6:29 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

And then ended up with a Nitto 3.2L stroker motor and a Samsonas sequential gearbox? 

Yeah, I'm having some serious difficulty tuning 800hp on the stock ECU though 🤷‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...