SAU Community

Where are all the 370GT Coupes Hiding?

Recently i got a 2008 Skyline 370GT Coupe, and in the first week I think I saw 1 other on the road (NSW around Sydney and driven out south west). However, since then, in the past few months, I haven't noticed any others on the road. Where are they all hiding? Or are they really that rare? When I have been to the mechanics, I think they had not worked on one previously  either. I was previously thinking of getting an Audi S5 around the same age (2008), and that car I have seen on the road. although, its pretty hard to distinguish year models around that same time. and while driving it may be easy to confuse a newer recent model with an older model S5. When I was getting it registered, there was an S5 in the parking lot at the time.

Is there somehow of getting a count of the numbers of currently registered 370GT Coupes? I have searched the NSW Registry web site, and I cant find anything at that level of detail, beyond checking explicit cars by License plate (ie 3rd Party insurance)

I see a lot more V35 Coupes than V36, not sure why either.  it isn't like they were more common a few years ago, they have always been a bit rare compared to V35s.

I have seen V35's a lot more, but less of recent. And I think there used to be two often parked on the side of the road, on my standard route I take to the shops. Although, I haven't noticed them as often as I used to, but with lock-downs etc i haven't been driving out shopping on a whim.

I would be really interested to know how many are registered? I have found the Bureau of statistics for general age of cars, but not by make & model. Other than maybe calling service NSW, the only other indicators I can think of is if NRMA &/OR GIO etc keep and are willing to share the stat. Or an even rougher hint would be the number of cars for sale.

I've seen a few in Victoria. Had to fly to NSW to buy mine. Havent seen any since moving back to Perth. 

I think most people just get a 370z instead and be done with it 🤣

On 5/4/2022 at 12:43 PM, mooij said:

I've seen a few in Victoria. Had to fly to NSW to buy mine. Havent seen any since moving back to Perth. 

I think most people just get a 370z instead and be done with it 🤣

You are the exact opposite to me. I had to fly down to Melbourne and drive it back to Sydney. And there aren't too many 370Z out there either. I just checked carsales, and there are none for sale, but a few 370GT Coupe's and even more GTR's.

• Haha 1

On 11/05/2022 at 8:09 PM, wizlb said:

If you are rocking a G35/37 it’s time you get a stock Q60 and with a little pixie dust you can push this + 500 hp @wheels..

You seem to like them from all your posts about them, do you own one?

• Haha 1

On 11/05/2022 at 8:27 PM, wizlb said:

Modifying the Q platform..

Check out this video, it really explains how to go from 300 hp at the crank to 450 at the wheels.

i know you're excited about your car, perhaps you should start a build thread so you can put in regular updates and spam all the youtube videos you want in there

• Confused 1

We have the same car, your car is a G and my car is a Q.. they are all Infiniti cars.. 

I was only sharing and most of the G drivers at one time were Skyline driver.

And maybe the G drivers will one day get a Q.. who knows these things 

Edited by wizlb

Interesting, I was not really watching it but just passing hrough, but, a guy got pulled over on the show where they check for alchohol & drurgs, I cant remember the show name, buts its three characters. He was driving a red 370GT Coupe. I watched the show (which I dont normally do as it *&#% me no end in the way they hold the final results over the ad breaks) because of the 370GT Coupe. Not a great reference...