Goodyear Eagle Revspec RS-02_96.9________$279

Maxxis Victra MA-Z1__________96.3________$225

Pirelli P Zero Nero____________96.3________$290

Michelin Pilot Preceda_________95.8________$261

Nokian NRY_________________95.8________$290

Federal 595 RS______________95.2________$148

Toyo Proxes T1R_____________93.4________$316

Linglong L688________________89.3________$139

that average price for the federals seems wrong, wouldn't it be $248?

thats how much i paid for 595SS like 18 months ago

EDIT: also are there any onlineplaces around to buy tyres?

Edited by nF

wouldn't surprise me if it was wrong but that's what's printed, $250 sounds more like it though. :P

i'd be very interested to see if there's somewhere with more of an online focus for tyres - my suspicion would be all the manufacturers have a pretty tight control on it... plus someone's gotta fit+balance them....

I've used a few sets of tyres before..just some of my comments..

Michelin Pilot Primacy Grip:5.5 Handling:6 Noise:9.5 Treadwear:8.5

Michelin Pilot Sports Grip:9 Handling:9 Noise:8 Treadwear:8

Yokohama AVS ES100 Grip: 7 Handling:8 Noise:8 Treadwear:8

Yokohama AVS Sport Grip:9 Handling:9 Noise:8 Treadwear:8

Yokohama Advan AD07 Grip:9 Handling:8.5 Noise:8 Treadwear:7.75

Yokohama Advan A048 Grip:9.75 Handling:9.75 Noise:5 Treadwear:4

Falken ST115 Grip:7 Handling:7.75 Noise:8 Treadwear:7.75

Falken Ziex 326 Grip:2 Handling:2 Don't even bother about the rest.

Bridgestone Potenza S02 Grip:9 Handling:9 Noise:7 Treadwear:5.5

Bridgestone Potenza S03 Grip:8 Handling:8 Noise:8 Treadwear:6.5

if its the write up in WHEELS that your talking about, then yes, the price was a typo....

Edited by Frink

• 3 weeks later...

Dunlop SP Sport MAXX. Very good in all weather and conditions, which is why there getting such good ratings at the moment.. and why i put them on my car. As for the price differentiating significantly from store to store as someone said a few pages back, it is definitely a good idea to ring around. I have seen some stores sell tyres $30 a pop more than others and more.

Edited by r32 gts-turbo

Hi all, have spent a few hours going thru' this thread on tyres and some interesting things said it has enabled me to select a couple of options.

First of all, my car was fitted with Kuhmo 711 and I must say that they would have to rate as the worst tyre I have ever had and as some have said, you get what you pay for. Anyway, new tyres was a requirement with imports and I was unaware of this. Had I bothered to discover this fact, I would have paid a bit more for something a bit better as I wouldn't expect a dealer to put top line tyres on........why would they?

Anyway, my "line" is an R33 series 1 that has had the boost increased to 10psi, pod and one of those mechanical boost controllers that was advertised on this site. I would expect that I am getting easily 200 flywheel BHP, which is far from a lot of cars on this site, but all the same she is quite nippy.

She is auto and has one of those "snow/power" buttons, which when activated, cause the car to take off the line in second gear. Of late, these Kuhmos 711 have been spinning in second gear take off and in the dry of last summer, I even had side way sliding off the line in normal mode :P . Tyres have about 30-40% thread left so b4 the wet really sets in, I thought I'd change rubber. I'm not a real fan of sliding when I'm not expecting it and I'm fortunate to have ABS on this one because if it didn't, I think i would have been in the poop a few times.

I plan, within the next year to do a little bit to this car so obviously I need to go for tyres that will take into account some extra performance. I guess my budget will allow for something in the higher end Toyo's and perhaps Potenzzas if a good price comes back from my brother who buys a very large amount of truck tyres from Bridgy's, he gets OEM prices on truck tyres so I hope that kind of discount is reflected in the Potenzza's :P . I guess the price will have to be a good bit better than the $408 per unit I was quoted by a B/Stone outlet.

Oh, Kelly super chargers were real crap in the old days.........doesn't look like they have improved :O

Anyway, thanks guys for the input has been very usefull and now, onto rear brake pads............100,000 major service is due

Just readin on page 11 about michilin tyres, i may add some input..

I got 215s, primacy range on the rears and they are grippy!! I got quoted abotu 380 each for those tyres!! so they are expensive. But i bought them second hand and im more than happy!!

Also got some piolt (sp?) range on the front. They are alright, cant really tell. But they do have grip.

So i would buy michlin tyres again..

(sp?)^^

Dafuca, great price on the federals :)

BUt when you say you have compared all those brands, which models in the brands are you talking about.

I'm sure if you sell them you understand that every brand has a range of tyres with different performance, you can't just say a whole brand sucks!

But when you say you have compared all those brands, which models in the brands are you talking about.

I'm sure if you sell them you understand that every brand has a range of tyres with different performance, you can't just say a whole brand sucks!

I never said that any brand sucked. I just said that the Pirelli and Federals out performed the others that i had personally tested.

Yes I am aware that there is different designs and models of tyres. prolly too many to name in this forum. but over the years that i have tested tyres, a lot of models and designs have changed, so not really worth mentioning anyway.

But if you are into Drifting at all, look at the drifting SA web site for more info on the tyres they use, and the reasons why they use them.

Edited by DaFuca

The 235 45 17 Federals in the 595 Road pattern. the RS's i can sell but they come at a mild increase in price, The RS's IMO are better in performance than the Bridgestone S02's and come at a smaller price.

So anyone that is interested in the Federal Tyres, for "ROAD" OR "RACE" and in adelaide, let me know.

I deal with almost every other brand and model tyre, so chase me down about them too.

Edited by DaFuca

What size 18's did you buy in the Federals.

hi guys,

just wondering has any1 tested potenza gIII's on the 1/4 mile, have they decreased the 60'' time?

i currently have falken ziex or sumfin like that went calder few weeks bak and 60'' were like 2.3 2.5 it was shocking, even deflated, just piked up the gIII's fitting them this weekend so well c how it goes

or do you's think just use 16inch tyres with a biger wall and drop the presure for betta 60'' time, what would be more affective

Edited by TOYR33

Just got some 255/40/17's for 190 each and the 235/45/17 I was quoted for 155 each. :)

Just got some 255/40/17's for 190 each and the 235/45/17 I was quoted for 155 each. :)

what are they like? these are the 595RS you're talking about?

anyone here have an opinion whether these could be run on the road? (or would i only get 5000km out of them like other semi-slicks?)

Are you guys for real? i read the first 10 posts and it seems like you are rating second hand tyres?

I sell Bridgestone, Federal, Simex, Sumitomo, Dunlops, Hancook, Falken, Nankang, Nexen, Pirelli, Maxx, Toyo and a heap of other brands.

I can tell you that the ratings i have seen for the Federals from your guys is way off (Unless you really are rating second hand tyres). I have personally tested all these brands in 235 45 17, and the Pirelli cas prolly top, but the federal was a close second. Dry it held like glue, and wet it dropped a little, but was still twice the tyre as a Bridgestone and Falken

and for the Federals tyre for the 235 45 17 I am selling them all day every day for the South Australian Drifters and Car CLubs for a great prices, check out my add in the Adelaide Section of SAU.

Your Federals are twice as good as Bridgestone? Dude... either you're seriously overstocked with Federals and need to clear them asap, or u must be on drugs!

Not on Drugs and not over stocked with anything, I have personally used the Bridgestone S02's and also used the Federal RS's and I know what ones I would rather run my car on.

jmac, no that price that 60dzl stated wouldnt be for the RS's, but would be for the SS's, and the RS's have been rated between 10 - 20 thousand k's, but it all depends on how hard your driving, and your pressures, and the way your car is set up as to how long they last for. Strongly recomend grabbing ya self a set and trying them.

Federal RS twice as good as Bridgestone S02? LOL... I think DaFuca should contact Formula 1 so he can supply the F1 teams his super Federal tyres!

yokahama ADVAN semi slicks

245/45, drag strip, take down to 20psi, 60 foot time 1.8 seconds with 200kws r33.....

they dont wear unless if there hot, need long burn outs to be made hot, in the wet u go back wards.

great tire, long lasting and will get very sticky when hot......

Federal RS twice as good as Bridgestone S02? LOL... I think DaFuca should contact Formula 1 so he can supply the F1 teams his super Federal tyres!

As far as "VALUE FOR MONEY" Yes, yes they are.