SAU Community

Tyres you use(d) and how u would rate them

I'm rolling on Bridgestone Potenza RE-01's now.

245/40 R17 front and 255/40 R17 rear

They're not a bad tyre. I've got the pressures way up, and so its quite responsive. Outright grip isn't bad - I didn't manage to throw myself off the road.

Give me some time to wear the blacking off them, and when I'm not with n00bs like I was this morning, and I'll give them a proper run.

I'm rolling on Bridgestone Potenza RE-01's now.

245/40 R17 front and 255/40 R17 rear

They're not a bad tyre. I've got the pressures way up, and so its quite responsive. Outright grip isn't bad - I didn't manage to throw myself off the road.

Give me some time to wear the blacking off them, and when I'm not with n00bs like I was this morning, and I'll give them a proper run.

Cool, How much did that set you back? how did you get them in the first place? I have some on my rears same size, came with the rims with plenty of meat. Havent given them a full flogging yet. Do they put down power allright?

I don't have much power to put down, but they do a good job.

I got them privately imported. They weren't cheap (actually they were a fair bit more than I intended to pay) but we'll see how they get on as they wear.

Bridgestone RE-01 225X??x17 Front

Sh!thouse tyre, soo much understeer its not funny! Going into banked right hander at about 70 the front starts to slide. WOuldnt get them again.

Hankook K104 255x35x17 Rear

Awesome tyre! Can't break traction in 2nd, 3rd etc but breaks it on uneven roads in first (190rwkw). would get these tyres again definately. Also i got them for $250 each and can do anytime.

anyone using the advan sport v103? or yoko avs v102? since am intrested in switchin my rear tyres soon.....have been tryin to find out more abt them than wots been told to me over the counter.....anyone with some insight??????? :

Has anyone had a look at the Advan A046. i have got a really got price on a set but am tossing up between these and the toyo t1-r's. They came out stock on the Evo VIII's so they would have to be pretty good. T1-R's are looking like they will be an extra $70 or $80 a tyre at this stage.

Has anyone had a look at the Advan A046. i have got a really got price on a set but am tossing up between these and the toyo t1-r's. They came out stock on the Evo VIII's so they would have to be pretty good. T1-R's are looking like they will be an extra $70 or $80 a tyre at this stage.

provide a link 4 the description of the A046, cuz i cant find it on the aus yoko site..... :

hmm good point very strange that the Aussie site does not list them at all. The reviews seem good and they came out on the evo's as i mentioned. I think i will stick with the Toyo T1-R's so far i have managed to get a price of $280 a corner but should be able to get that down a little lower :D

This is for a 235/45/17

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...odel=ADVAN+A046

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

Do you know how much your friend paid for that size?

Cheers.

It was one of those deals that you can't get again (trade price from a friends brothers mums dog) but if you look around they are had for $300each

Its been raining in Melbourne, and I have to say my Bridgestone Potenza RE-01's are sucking some major ass right now. There's so little grip in the rear end its not funny. I've tried to run high pressures, cold pressures, and the rear just won't stick.

In the dry they're not exactly magic either.

Falken Ziex 326

Dry: 2/10

Wet: 1/10

Value: 0/10

Compliance tyres. Certifiably dangerous in the wet at speeds slower than the slowest camry. Put a big scratch in

my stock rims when i had them on due to taking a corner in the wet too fast...at 30km/h

Falken ST115

Dry: 4-5/10 (cold)

6/10 (warm)

Wet: 6/10

Value: 6/10

Theres a big difference when these tyres warm up. When theyre cold, they are as bad as everyone says, they change a lot when theyre warm though. I quite liked them when they were warm, but in the

back of my mind i was always scared that they would let go while really pushing them. When it slides, its

not really progressive.

Stiff sidewalls though makes for responsive turn in though (relative to street tyres)

Hankook k104

Dry: 7/10

Wet 6/10

Value: 8/10

Similar price to falkens execpt they grip better and seems like its going to last longer. Really good performance in straight lines (launching and braking). Better grip than falkens without the need to warm up the tyres. Also very predictable loss of grip so you feel safe pushing them.

Soft sidewalls though, so ride is softer, but not as responsive.

For a street tyre around $200 i would recommend the hankooks. I wish i could buy better tyres, but I do 25 000kms a year, so i need a balance of grip and durability, not R type tyres which last 10 000kms.

Anyway, im pretty happy with the hankooks though, but i will spend more if theres a better tyre which lasts just as long.

Heres a comparo i did of the st115 and the k104

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...dpost&p=2090267

Toyo T1R's are great, After 100Km I have to rate them better then my Yoka Aspecs and the piolot sprots I had on the 33. Im very happy.

Toyo T1R

9/10 Dry

9/10 Wet

6/10 Value (They do cost a bit)

Yoka Aspec

7/10 Dry

8/10 Wet

10/10 Value (1/2 the cost of the T1R)

Mich Piolot Sports

8/10 Dry

9/10 Wet

6/10 Value ( Very expensive)

After 16,000 I had to retire my T1R's I had torn a steel band on the front right and the rubber was pulling away. Except for the life of the tyre I was very happy with them. I did about 5 track days and distroyed the edges and still had some tread depth left. If the tyre had of held together I probably would have got another 4000km out of them, but could not have run another track day on them.

I have just gone with a Yoka E300, These are not performance tyres, but are doing the job. I dropped 1.5 sec at OP Sth cct, so they are no way as good as the T1R's, as you would expect.

Yoka E300

6/10 Dry

5/10 Wet

8/10 Value

265x35x18 $375 each

I expect to get 25-30,000 km out of this set.

Im still on the lookout for some second hand semi's as track set of rubber. If anyone has some please let me know. GTR R34 Rims 18x9's

Falken Azzenis(Spelling?)R comps,255/40/17 on R32GTR with major suspension work,These are the single biggest improvement ive done to this car.Almost makes the car boring to drive but the limit is so high now that once passed,Your dead!