SAU Community

2006 Skyline Nationals - For All Model Skylines

cazz

Well its official, we have Winton Raceway booked for the 20th Anniversary of the R31 for next year. I have not posted this in the upcomming events section, because this will be a national event. Global mods, feel free to post this on every upcomming events if you feel the need.

This is gonna be one huge event with Skylines of all makes and models welcome for this weekend. It is fully CAMS sanctioned, and is covered by all the nice things, like public liability, that a CAMS event offers us. It is being fully supported and funded by the NDSOC and myself. Looking for a heap of support from SAU as well, (which I know we will get). So if your pride and joy is not running, or in need of some TLC, you have a year to get it ready.

The event is being held over the whole weekend, so book your holidays now, and be there.

Registration is on Friday the 28th July, at the Shepparton Town Hall.

Show and Shine is at the shepparton Showgrounds on Saturday the 29th July.

And we have a full track day at Winton, (Events are not yet finalised, but will probably include hillclimb, sprints, regularity events and the like) on Sunday the 30th July, and for those of you who don't want to do the track day, we have a nice sunday cruise to the wineries etc around the area.

Presentation dinner is on Sunday night, and trophies will be offered for first and second places. Each model skyline will be covered, but it is an event in recognition of the 20th Anniversary of the only Aussie Skyline ever made, so that vehicle will be the premier attraction.

We are still finalising accomodation etc, for those making the trip from interstate etc, we have so far been able to source very reasonable accomodation costs.

We will have Skylines from the first Prince GT's to the current model R34. Please mark this date in your calender, and express your interest to [email protected]. This is our first skyline nationals, lets make it huge.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so this is on July 29th next year?

early notice! :P

Yes it is early notice, but being a national event we need it. As we have the Winton Track booked, we need to get competitors lined up, and numbers crunched fairly early. We won't know what the costs are going to be until we get some numbers, so the earlier the notice, the more opporutnity people have to let us know they will be there.

Can a moderator please make this thread sticky.

I'll definatly be at this one, ill round up a heap of mates, are vl's welcome too? nothing beats a mighty rb series roaring. Might be a bit of fun to see how they go against each other on the track. Ill definatly have my R33 there, should be a fun day.

Regards Webber

I'll definatly be at this one, ill round up a heap of mates, are vl's welcome too? nothing beats a mighty rb series roaring. Might be a bit of fun to see how they go against each other on the track. Ill definatly have my R33 there, should be a fun day.  

Regards Webber

Any model skyline is welcome - Prince GT to R35, but definately NO VL's. Full stop, they are not a skyline. Please tell me thats a joke.

will this include the ol skylines too. if so i might have to make my way over from adelaide for it

I have met both you and Marvin the Martian at Beechworth. You are more than welcome to bring the purple beast along.

As stated in the flyer, it is open to ALL MODEL SKYLINES, doesn't matter how old or new they are.

what kind of infomation do you need from people interested in entering different events, different models and so on?

Register your interest with me as stated in the first post. All details about events and pricing will be forwarded to you as soon as its available.

this sounds really awesome. what other websites has this been posted on? r31 club i would guess. i know of a heap of 31's in canberra that would jump at an event like this.

this sounds really awesome. what other websites has this been posted on? r31 club i would guess. i know of a heap of 31's in canberra that would jump at an event like this.

Posted on the R31 website, as well as Nissan Datsun Sports Owners club. Also thinking of SVD club, its not real active in Vic, bit it is in other states.

• 1 month later...

Well its official, we have Deca booked for the 20th Anniversary of the R31 for next year. I have not posted this in the upcomming events section, because this will be a national event. Global mods, feel free to post this on every upcomming events if you feel the need.

This is gonna be one huge event with Skylines of all makes and models welcome for this weekend. It is fully CAMS sanctioned, and is covered by all the nice things, like public liability, that a CAMS event offers us. It is being fully supported and funded by the NDSOC and myself. So if your pride and joy is not running, or in need of some TLC, you have almost a year to get it ready.

The event is being held over the whole weekend, so book your holidays now, and be there.

Registration is on Friday the 28th July, at the Shepparton Town Hall.

Show and Shine is at the Sheppartons Victoria Park Lake on Saturday the 29th July.

And we have a full track day at Deca, (Events are not yet finalised, but will probably include sprints, regularity events and the like) on Sunday the 30th July, and for those of you who don't want to do the track day, we have a nice sunday cruise to the wineries etc around the area.

Presentation dinner is on Sunday night, and trophies will be offered for first, and second places. Each model skyline will be covered, but it is an event in recognition of the 20th Anniversary of the only Aussie Skyline ever made, so that vehicle will be the premier attraction. We also have trophies for Best GTR, Best Engine bay, and Best paint.

We will have Skylines from the first Prince GT's to the R34. Please mark this date in your calender, and express your interest to [email protected]. This is our first skyline nationals, lets make it huge.

Edit**

Did the Shepparton run this weekend. What a fantastic place. We had an all day meeting with the Shepparton Council's events Manager (Mark, what a nice bloke), yesterday, and finalised venues for the presentation dinner, the show and shine, and accomodation. We are just waiting on final prices, and then we can confirm costings for everything. Accomodation is going to be very, very reasonable, and we have three types available, from cheap cheap, to just outrageous. Haha. The show and shine is gonna be huge, and we have almost 100 trophies to give away, so you have to be in it to win it. We wanna show the Shepparton car scene how we skyline people do it. And there is a massive car scene here. We sat in the Hotel restaurant just watching these guys "cutting laps" all night. They love anything with four wheels up there. I am very excited about this event, and after visiting Shepparton, and seeing how co-operative and welcoming the whole town is, I know it's just going to be a great weekend for all who can come along.

Thanks to Peeps (Libby), Acsplit (Andrew), Ejay and the Murano for all their help this weekend. It was a bit social with some work thrown in, but a good weekend was had by all (I think) in Shepparton. I am really, really excited about this event.

I really want SAU to come on board with this event, to make it bigger than Ben Hur. Mods, please don't delete my post again, because I feel that this one event will set the pace for a "Skyline Nationals" every 2 years. The NDSOC have Nissan nationals every two years that more than 300 people attend. There are a lot more skylines out there than Zeds, so lets co-operate, communicate and get it together please!! All SAU Members are covered by their CAMS affiliation for this event, so you don't need to join NDSOC either.

post-8526-1126414121.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Everybody

Time for an update

I have finally received the Locations/Prices for accommodation for this event.

And also, the Shepparton Visitor Information Centre had given us the toll free number for us to call to organise all our accomodations needs (only)

Before you ring, you must determine where you would like to stay (out of the choices - see attached) and whether you are sharing the room/costs with another person, so its recommended that work out your finances with the person beforehand, so you can split the costs 50/50

Also, you need to pre-determine how many nights you will be staying.. You might only stay Friday & Saturday nights, and leave after the Presentation Dinner on Sunday night.. but thats not recommended as it will finished late and alchohol is involved :)

Organisers of the event will be in Shepparton from Thursday till Monday morning.

Sign In Day is on Friday so you cant be there any later (if you are a competitor)

Then when you ring to make your booking, please state that you are booking for the Nissan Nationals in July 2006.. they are aware of this.

The number is

1800 808 839

We have also set up an email addy for all other enquiries:

[email protected]

You are welcome to add this onto your MSN, Cazz and I will make sure we check it regularly.

So see the attached document that lists all the Motels that we have received discounted rates at for the event, look them up, see what they are like.. whatever you want.. They are all very good.

Sorry about the crappy scan

I hope this helps

Libby

post-722-1129090407.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Thats in preparation for the R35 GTR hehehe

what Justin was getting at is that there is no R35,

It's not the V35, as there is no longer any RB's, we're onto VQ's now.

Hence "Prince to V35's" ;)

There are V35's starting to filter into oz... But just the Skyline variant.

• 2 weeks later...

so is this the R31 skyline nationals or all skyline nationals? Maybe you should speak to the committee for NSW and VIC Skylines Australia clubs (as they're closest to winton) and rally some support?

click here to send an email to the SAU VIC committee. I'm sure they'd love to help it get support outside the R31 community.

and yeah, the next GT-R is a touchy subject around here, as its not a V35, and definitely not an R35 :D