SAU Community

Brake Pads Users Ratings Guide

Been running qfm a1rm front and rear last couple of visits to wakie...cannot fault them at all. Excellent stopping power and no fade on my setup. Bit of squeal here and there but that doesn't bother me at all. Easily best pad i've ever used.

Handed my car to a mate for one session and he is now buying the same pads!

HC+ is supposed to be really good, a lot of Porche owners and jap tuners rave about them but may I suggest you have look at the new 08 compound from PFC, they are develuped as a endurance pad and are next to none, Mines use rebranded PFC pads FYI, always has.

HC + is a bawse pad, however eats up rotors like a bawse too.

I wouldn't recommend it if the car never sees a track, as they eat rotors and squeal like camels mating with donkeys.

If purely street and some light track work Intima SR are decent. I find them a touch better than the QFM A1RM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I'm keen on the QFM A1RM but unsure which to buy. I have R33 GTST front brakes and stock HR31 rears. The catalogue only states non turbo 33 brakes and Aus model 31. I am assuming the 32 GTR non Brembo will be the way to go for the front and the GTS Sillhouette Aus del for rears? Anyone knowledgable in 33's and 31's both Aus and Jap feel free to comment. The car is driven on the road to basically keep it going. It will see track days and drag days/nights.

Thanks in advance.

Hmmmm. I currently have RB74's in there and didn't seem to run in any issues at SMP Brabham Circuit over 3 20 minute sessions. Was looking for something similar as it has some pretty quick sections, especially turn one and braking for turn 2 from a decent speed.

I recently fitted a set of Project MU HC+, have only travelled about 100 kms on the street with them so far but they seem to pull up very well and i have not heard the slightest bit of squeal yet.

Recently bought an r33 gtst-t with DBA vented discs up front (not sure exactly which ones) and stock discs at the back with Bendix pads. They don’t have very good bite initially (they feel a bit spongy but maybe the brakes need a bleed) but are ok under heavy brake load. Quite noisy also under light application.

Need to keep in mind that tyres you use will have a huge impact on braking (or lack of). What I have right now are cheap roadstones which with almost 100% tread still feel like plastic – absolute rubbish.

Looking at replacing brakes and tyres soon anyway as the plan is to do as much track work as possible.

Cheers,

Amir

I had Bendix general pads on the front of my S14 when I bought it, I cooked them very badly on a hills run and glazed my rotors too.
Bendix are OK for a daily car but bad for any performance oriented car.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone used Winmax pads before? If so, which model and how did they go?

I changed my pads to A1RM a couple of months ago, today was my first drive through some mountains since installing the new pads and they pretty much gave up. I drove for about 20 minutes hard (bias toward uphill) then 15 minute break, then the pads faded within the first 5-10 minutes after the break (bias toward downhill).

Alright guys need a confirmation on Motul RBF600. It seems that some of the guys with 33 GTS-t use it. I bought some but realised that on the bottle it says its DOT4 but on my brake fluid reservoir it says to only use DOT3. Can anyone confirm that its ok/or not to use rbf600 in my 1997 r33?

Cheers

Amir

DOT 3, 4 and 5.1 brake fluids are all compatible with each other. DOT 5 apparently is not compatible but I've never come across it.

In the olden days, the higher number was meant to mean better performance (ie higher boiling point) but some of the best brake fluids now days are DOT 4.

• 1 month later...

Oils ain't oils and now "Brakes ain't Brakes"

Well tried to read as much as I could and I am sure there is excellent info in amongst all of those brands and numbers, started writing them down but now my head hurts :(

Could a few of you blokes give me your best street/track combos that also work cold with no or minimal noise and I will see if I can put it together and go from there.

I believe Endless are OK..

Any help appreciated

Pete

Mainly Street DD

Edited by TT350GT