SAU Community

Brake Pads Users Ratings Guide

+1 for Remsa's and +11ty billion for GLS Rallysport.

Remsas are a great pad, no squealing or poor low temp response; and when they're warm; wow!

They are dusty, but I'd rather have brakes that work; than wheels that stay clean on a car that doesn't stop.

Brake dust washes off anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

On my R34 GTT 4dr, ive tried Remsa, Intima SR and QFM A1.

All installed by myself using normal cleaning and run in techniques.

All running on DBA T3 clubspec rotors.

QFM a1 out performed the other two considerably on street and light track.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I'm confused now haha lol, can I please get some help.

I have a R34 GTT with 220rwkw, standard weight, gets driven harshly on the street (EDIT: Before you think I'm a hoon, I mean this as alot of stops and alot of them are kind of sudden) and a odd track day, standard rotors.

I'm due for front and rear pads, what do you guys recommend I go for? and I absolutely hate brake dust, the car is white with white wheels haha.

I was going to go for Bendix ultimates because I can get them for $130 a pair but after reading here I've seen that they produce heaps of brake dust, but at the beginning I was set on EBC greenstuff but due to the price, availability and the feedback here I have been turned off them.

Are Ferodo's really good? I've always looked at them as a cheap crappy pad.

Any help is greatly appreciated, at the moment I have some kind of blue pads (came on the car from Japan) and they are spongy as. thanks.

Edited by MrRx7s3

I have a R34 GTT with 220rwkw, standard weight, gets driven harshly on the street (EDIT: Before you think I'm a hoon, I mean this as alot of stops and alot of them are kind of sudden) and a odd track day, standard rotors.

I'm due for front and rear pads, what do you guys recommend I go for? and I absolutely hate brake dust, the car is white with white wheels haha.

I was going to go for Bendix ultimates because I can get them for $130 a pair but after reading here I've seen that they produce heaps of brake dust, but at the beginning I was set on EBC greenstuff but due to the price, availability and the feedback here I have been turned off them.

Any help is greatly appreciated, at the moment I have some kind of blue pads (came on the car from Japan) and they are spongy as. thanks.

I'll be trying the Type M from Dixcel next time I'm due for a pad change. While I like the Remsa's street performance, they are too dusty for my liking...

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/418505-dixcel-brake-pads-m-type-review/

So should I just go with the Bendix Ultimate then, because if I do go for the Bendix ultimate I gotta get them today as my mate won't be working till next weekend and my car is a daily and it won't last that long haha lol.

Edited by MrRx7s3

ok now im totally confused :wacko:

i have 320rwkw r33 gtst.(currently building rb30 bottom end)

im about to buy rda slotted and drilled rotors. still want to use standard calipers.

i DO NOT want sqeeky brakes when cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mainly track use, but also street..

i would like good bang for my buck

thanks

This might sound daft, but I used Bendix 4WD pads in my 32 years ago. They do a 4WD heavy duty pad. 80 series landcruiser pads fit perfect (my old mans car) they pulled up great, no noise and bugger all brake dust

ok now im totally confused :wacko:

i have 320rwkw r33 gtst.(currently building rb30 bottom end)

im about to buy rda slotted and drilled rotors. still want to use standard calipers.

i DO NOT want sqeeky brakes when cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mainly track use, but also street..

i would like good bang for my buck

thanks

I wouldn't bother with drilled rotors.

Try QFM A1RM. They don't squeak cold and stop very well. Contact GSL Rallysport

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Threw in some project mu type ns in the r33 on the weekend. Must admit they have a good cold bite, haven't had a chance to push them through the hills yet but it's looking pretty positive so far. Little squeak at low speeds when pulling up lightly but that's expected from a performance pad I guess... It ain't no Prius.

So should I just go with the Bendix Ultimate then, because if I do go for the Bendix ultimate I gotta get them today as my mate won't be working till next weekend and my car is a daily and it won't last that long haha lol.

Please don't, they're a god awful pad. I pulled a set out of my car and replaced it with Intima SR..

I didn't, I ended up getting remsa brake pads off gsl awesome brake but dusty as f**k, I should have listened to the bloke and got qfm, but oh well, the remsas are bity as f**k from cold to hot, it took me around a week to get used to the pedal feel, I looked like I didn't know how to drive with really hard stops all the time haha lol, I had intima in there previously they came on the car when I got them, and no brake fade and 2000kms in and the rotors still look the same except I have to wash my white wheels daily, but hey that's why I got a Mrs she can wash them :-D.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

I have just recently upgrade the brakes on my 34 GT-T to DBA T3 rotors (F&R) + QFM HPX pads. The upgrade was done about a month ago.

The issue is that the brakes are squealing VERY badly. The squeal does not happen at a particular time (such as after a thrashing), but it randomly squeals even at low speeds. I've been told that I should remove the pads and file them down. If this doesnt work, what softer, road pads would you recommend for the T3's.

Thanks.

Both my cars squealed with new HPX pads. Filing the surface and the chamfered bit shut them up. My R31 is in it's third year with silent brakes now. GT-R pads are getting swapped out.

If you want something kinder than the HPX, look at the Bendix HD or even their GeneralCT (no, I am serious). No idea if they come in R34 sizes.