SAU Community

M35 Info

Brazen

i got the v35 air box but now i need a panel filter for it. does anyone know what k&n model filter i need.

cheers

The K&N filter that fits is 33-2031-2.

Cheers

Andy

I haven't had a chance to contact Nissan and probably won't tomorrow either. Any chance you could give them a call?

It is called a Powerbox (part No 16500X) needs the same stud the secures the current cover to hold it into place. If you can do this, can you also check the price of the stud (16528F)

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy,

Sorry about the delay I didn't get time before I went to Phillip Island....you sitting down???the price is $180 inc GST for part number 16500x....the other lug looks like the same ones as we are already using so I didn't bother...the wait is 2 to 3 weeks.

P.S. I think I'll make mine.

Hi Andy,

Sorry about the delay I didn't get time before I went to Phillip Island....you sitting down???the price is $180 inc GST for part number 16500x....the other lug looks like the same ones as we are already using so I didn't bother...the wait is 2 to 3 weeks.

I think I will make mine also. I have a few idea's about doing this. I will let you know how I go.

Thanks for checking.

Cheers

Andy

hey anyone got any more news on the sat nav conversion.

I emailed them last week trying to get an idea of when it may be available but they were thinking that because not a lot of people on the forum have shwn interest that it may not be commercially viable for them. I sent them further infortation to explain that there is a much bigger market beyond this forum. I have not heard back in the last 7 days since this email was sent. I am hoing they are just away and will come back to me soon about whan and how it will be possible.

As soon as I have some more information I will post it.

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy,

I finished the home made cold intake today. I will post some pics tomorrow. A little crude but definatley effective. And ony cost about $20.

Cheers

andy

Ok, I rang the guy. Half an hour on the phone :D

To cut the long story short - they do (or can do) alot. Translating to English is not the main thing, they are aiming for proper GPS solution.

They need to know if there are any Nissans with built-in Nissan GPS systems in Australia - basically they want to be able to utilise existing Nissan maps; they are not exactly the same as Japanese, but they are close enough and could be converted to Japanese format.

As a prove, I've been offered a "demo" - they can prepare something partially translated and if someone in Perth is brave enough to be a tester, they will provide us with software and instructions and we'll be able to install it.

My understanding it that at this stage they are not giving away complete solution, they are still working in it (they call it "dealer version" :D )

Good and bad news for S1/S2 owners - they do not have anything for CD-based systems as it is an old system but if we find about 50 units, they may consider spending time and money and do something for us.

I believe that Andy has got much more info...

Hi Guys ,sorry to but in but i have a set of discs from england that i bought trying to sort out our problem, Im in Melbourne outer east, If i can be any help let me now.

I got the radio and TV the only thing left is the gps.

Hi Guys ,sorry to but in but i have a set of discs from england that i bought trying to sort out our problem, Im in Melbourne outer east, If i can be any help let me now.

Hi Dennis

The disc's you have convert the japanese menu's to english?

Cheers

Andy

I finished the home made cold intake today. I will post some pics tomorrow. A little crude but definatley effective. And ony cost about $20.

Cheers

andy

look forward to seeing it....I've started.....just need to finish it.

I made my own cold air intake for the M35 today like fitted to the V35. Not sure what sort of power gain is avieved by this mod but it feels better higher in the rev range (not so breathless) and certainly sounds a bit better.

I just need to fit some foam infront of the air box (see arrow on 2nd photo) to avoid any hot air creeping into the air box.

It is made of L shape extruded plastic from Bunnings and automotive seal bought from Clark Rubber. Cost, less than $20 and a bit of time.

post-41854-1205667665_thumb.jpg

post-41854-1205667946_thumb.jpg

post-41854-1205667966_thumb.jpg

Edited by andy65b

I made my own cold air intake for the M35 today like fitted to the V35. Not sure what sort of power gain is avieved by this mod but it feels better higher in the rev range (not so breathless) and certainly sounds a bit better.

I just need to fit some foam infront of the air box (see arrow on 2nd photo) to avoid any hot air creeping into the air box.

It is made of L shape extruded plastic from Bunnings and automotive seal bought from Clark Rubber. Cost, less than $20 and a bit of time.

Looks good mate, and the price is great....

how did you get the TV working. i'd be interested to get mine working. let me know how you went about it and how much it cost.

thanks

a long shot here but has anyone got any info on converting an m35 into manual. is there a compatible gearbox?

just throwing it out there because i'd love to do it if its possible and not outrageously expensive.

cheers

how did you get the TV working. i'd be interested to get mine working. let me know how you went about it and how much it cost.

thanks

Have a look at the attached link. This unit should work with the M35. Appears to be perfectly compatible.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/St....html&hl=tv,

Cheers

Andy

a long shot here but has anyone got any info on converting an m35 into manual. is there a compatible gearbox?

just throwing it out there because i'd love to do it if its possible and not outrageously expensive.

cheers

Apparently the 6 speed manual from the Autech 350s Stagea will fit straight in, but dont quote me on it. If it does it would of course be nicer to have the 6 speed....

Have a look at the attached link. This unit should work with the M35. Appears to be perfectly compatible.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/St....html&hl=tv,

Cheers

Andy

I can confirm that the TV works well in the M35 the only difference is some of the wiring colours in the connector.

One thing I noticed is that there is a little engine noise in the system but its not too bad.

post-40391-1205725903_thumb.jpg

I can confirm that the TV works well in the M35 the only difference is some of the wiring colours in the connector.

One thing I noticed is that there is a little engine noise in the system but its not too bad.

how hard was the install or does it just slip right in. how much was it all up and did you need any adapters as well.

How is the reception ? I also noticed some very slight noise, was thinking to clean that up with a 'noise filter' on the power wires. Ive got 2 from an old pioneer analogue car tv tuner which should do the job. Probably these are a must for all add-on audio and video receivers.

Simon