SAU Community

Who Have Series 2 What Pad`s

chuckie

Some info on the S2 pads, seems they are the same as some infinitys and 2006 on non-brembo 350Z's, which i dont think we got here. Must be a decent pad if they are still using it on performance cars. Anyway, may be helpful for some trying to track down a pair...probably from overseas, although Bendix list the rears.

fronts:

http://catalog.hawkperformance.com/h_produ...any_id=10028147

http://www.endless-sport.co.jp/brake_pad/s...rn/ep/EP373.pdf

http://www.project-mu.co.jp/matching/pad/i...nissan/F239.pdf

Rears:

http://www.bendix.com.au/ProductCatalogue....amp;Hash=655370

http://www.project-mu.co.jp/matching/pad/i...nissan/R234.pdf

http://www.endless-sport.co.jp/brake_pad/s...rn/ep/EP285.pdf

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

G`DAY ALL,Went & had a chat with the brake bonder`s here in WA,to see what other state`s do brake bonding(brake bonder`s ),he told me that it is only them ???,I was hoping that we would have one in each state but no luck.so look`s like all pad`s will have to come out of WA,hope to have some idea on the weekend of what the cost will be,pad`s weigh just under 2kg`s,talk soon,cheer`s chuckie.

The compliancers have to put on new brake pads by law. Surely they must have a local supplier for this task. How could we find out?

The compliancers have to put on new brake pads by law. Surely they must have a local supplier for this task. How could we find out?
G`DAY LAD`S I don`t think that any of them would change PAD`S,mine were NOT changed,I was chasing Pad`s soon after getting my car.That`s why i have been looking for pad`s for so long,WITH OUT PAYING RIPOFF price`s.ALSO LOOK`S like MN35 share same front pad`s as series 2 so,could any of the MN35 owner`s please have a look to see if this is so ???,Look forward to hearing from some one on that one.LOOKING at the cost of the REBOND`S to be $120 + post,this will be for EXCHANGE PAD`S,If you do not want EXCHANGE THEN that would cost more as i will have to get more backing plate`s cut,I would like to set ONE person up in VICTORIA,NSW & QUEENSLAND,Then that would make it a bit better for picking PAD`S up,HOPE TO HAVE TWO SET`S IN EACH SPOT,then the old pad`s come back here for REBONDING,PLEASE PM ME IF YOUR INTERESTED,cheer`s chuckie,

G`DAY LAD`S I don`t think that any of them would change PAD`S,mine were NOT changed,I was chasing Pad`s soon after getting my car.That`s why i have been looking for pad`s for so long,WITH OUT PAYING RIPOFF price`s.ALSO LOOK`S like MN35 share same front pad`s as series 2 so,could any of the MN35 owner`s please have a look to see if this is so ???,Look forward to hearing from some one on that one.LOOKING at the cost of the REBOND`S to be $120 + post,this will be for EXCHANGE PAD`S,If you do not want EXCHANGE THEN that would cost more as i will have to get more backing plate`s cut,I would like to set ONE person up in VICTORIA,NSW & QUEENSLAND,Then that would make it a bit better for picking PAD`S up,HOPE TO HAVE TWO SET`S IN EACH SPOT,then the old pad`s come back here for REBONDING,PLEASE PM ME IF YOUR INTERESTED,cheer`s chuckie,

The M35's use different front pads to C34's, cross referencing some Japanese pad sites, looks like the early M35's may use the same front as the J31 2003 on Maxima, DB1485, and the later ones use the V35 Skyline pad. Havnt checked rears.

http://www.bendix.com.au/Catalogue/BrakePr...PDFs/DB1485.pdf

http://www.project-mu.co.jp/matching/pad/i...nissan/F209.pdf

http://www.project-mu.co.jp/matching/pad/i...nissan/F250.pdf

compliancers are 100% required by law to put brand new, factory pads on. But they just buy them from nissan - I'm sure you can get pads from nissan too (think 6 week lead time and around $250 a pair)

They may be required to, however didn't in my case either. They may be having the same trouble we are...

When I bought some genuine Nissan Pit Work Stagea Series II 4WD front brake pads from Japan this was written on the box:

Part Number: AY040-NS129

Fuga [Y50]: VQ25DE, VQ35DE - '04/10-

Skyline [V35]: 350GT - '04/11-

Also stamped into the pad itself: HITACHI HP63H FF

Cost me ¥11,025 (about AU$110 at the time)

Rear: Part number 44060-AR085

Stamped in pad: HITACHI HP62 FF

Cost: ¥8,269 (about AU$81 at the time)

Hope this helps

For those interested I ran a set of Chuckie's re-bonds around Wanneroo raceway on Thursday night. About 40 laps with no problems at all. They got plenty hot enough too, so hot that the fluid started to boil at one time, which meant that the pedal nearly went all the way to the floor. After a cool down lap and 5-10 mins before I went out again, they were cool enough and fine for the rest of the evening.

I am very happy with my purchase!

For those interested I ran a set of Chuckie's re-bonds around Wanneroo raceway on Thursday night. About 40 laps with no problems at all. They got plenty hot enough too, so hot that the fluid started to boil at one time, which meant that the pedal nearly went all the way to the floor. After a cool down lap and 5-10 mins before I went out again, they were cool enough and fine for the rest of the evening.

I am very happy with my purchase!

Rebonds sound pretty good after that sort of test.

They may be required to, however didn't in my case either. They may be having the same trouble we are...

When I bought some genuine Nissan Pit Work Stagea Series II 4WD front brake pads from Japan this was written on the box:

Part Number: AY040-NS129

Fuga [Y50]: VQ25DE, VQ35DE - '04/10-

Skyline [V35]: 350GT - '04/11-

Also stamped into the pad itself: HITACHI HP63H FF

Cost me ¥11,025 (about AU$110 at the time)

Rear: Part number 44060-AR085

Stamped in pad: HITACHI HP62 FF

Cost: ¥8,269 (about AU$81 at the time)

Hope this helps

G`DAY ALL Thank`s for info but we already have it,WHO had new pad`s in when you got your car(complier,yard,other)NOT MANY ???,WHY NOT.I will be getting some pad`s sorted soon so what i would like to know WHO is wanting pad`s,AS I WILL NEED SOME SORT OF IDEA HOW MANY TO HAVE MADE ??????,PLEASE PM ME.cheer`s chuckie

Hi All,

I called Nissan in my area last week and they have the 2006 350z / M45 (non-brembo) pads in stock. $152

Part no: D1060AM80B

I'm planning to take off my pads wander down there and compare in the next few days.

Pete

Hi All,

I called Nissan in my area last week and they have the 2006 350z / M45 (non-brembo) pads in stock. $152

Part no: D1060AM80B

I'm planning to take off my pads wander down there and compare in the next few days.

Pete

This for a series 2? Interesting...

G `DAY ALL,I popped in to fabcar to have a chat with lad`s in work shop,see what Pad`s they use,REBOND`S I was told they have had no luck in finding Pad`s either,which i find strange ???,SO IAM happy with my SOLUTION.SO GOOD LUCK TO THE REST OF YOU IN YOUR QUEST,cheer`s chuckie

Yeah it is.

I was looking at this same page as chook mentioned the other day so I thought

if the 2006 350z is in Aus I may as well give nissan a call and they have the pads to suit.

They look very much the same, although yet to take mine off and compare.

This for a series 2? Interesting...

G`DAY ALL Thank`s for info but we already have it,WHO had new pad`s in when you got your car(complier,yard,other)NOT MANY ???,WHY NOT.I will be getting some pad`s sorted soon so what i would like to know WHO is wanting pad`s,AS I WILL NEED SOME SORT OF IDEA HOW MANY TO HAVE MADE ??????,PLEASE PM ME.cheer`s chuckie

Dropped my S2 off at the compliance workshop and he had another S2 in silver which was being delayed by about a week to wait on his pad supplier (right here in Adelaide!) to get in more stock of the rear pads... I asked and he said fronts were in stock, and a complete set (front and back) was about $300.

This was for Nissan genuine pads, and he only changes them if either-

- they don't have enough pad material left

and/or

- they aren't genuine Nissan pads

for what it's worth...

Dropped my S2 off at the compliance workshop and he had another S2 in silver which was being delayed by about a week to wait on his pad supplier (right here in Adelaide!) to get in more stock of the rear pads... I asked and he said fronts were in stock, and a complete set (front and back) was about $300.

This was for Nissan genuine pads, and he only changes them if either-

- they don't have enough pad material left

and/or

- they aren't genuine Nissan pads

for what it's worth...

G`DAY LAD`S JUST SEEM THAT YOU ARE ALL HAPPY TO PAY TOP $$$$$ SO GOOD LUCK TO YOU.I WILL NOT BE DOING ANY PAD`S GOOD LUCK IN YOUR HUNTING,cheer`s chuckie

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I ordered series 2 front pads through nissan last week, only took a few days to get....too easy.

Here's a pic of the part number on the box.

They are the correct shape size width original pad etc....

Retail price is around $220 i think, trade was $183.

Working on these calipers, swapping pads was nice and easy compared to some previous

vehicles i've worked on.

I checked out the pads for the Aussie sold version 350z, a lot smaller, not like the pic in the

hawk catalogue for the US 350z, so if you get those make sure to get the hawk, ebc pad etc.. for the US 350z.

post-38314-1204017607_thumb.jpg

series 1 pads are $150 for the 4 wheels (bendix advance and heavy duty)

bad luck series 2 peeps

:D

What shop was that one?

Also can you throw a part number on here for your fellow S1 owners purdy pwease. :)

Edited by Xmetal

• 2 months later...

G`Day all just changed front rebond`s after 30,000 km`s,still had a little left but wasn`t going to run to kalgoolie & back with them,which iam pretty happy with,the rebond`s work well as iam not one to hang about :P ,cheer`s chuckie.