SAU Community

Guilt-toy Now Running On E85 !

Dumping twice as much cranking fuel in the engine, mine still has some issues at under 10 degrees. Obviously the lower the compression and further south you are, the worse off you will be. It really chuggs through the ethanol doing short school runs in winter...

Running the EMU previously I had no cranking enrichment table. I had to fit a stock injector into the plenum, with a 1L petrol reservoir and old stock fuel pump to get me started in the mornings. It worked well.

I'm starting to think water meth is a better idea than e85. No cold start issues, more k's to the tank, no jerries in the back on long trips. Perhaps even running 98, a secondary e85 tank and another set of injectors might work out better for me.

My car has no problems starting in the Icey cold winter monings on e85 must be atleast below 5•c outside cause there's ice on the roof and windscreens frozen starts first kick like I said before either you let it idle for a minute or if your in a hurry you just have to be smooth on the throttle for the first minute

It's all in the tune

Aslong as you have a good tuner and good spray pattern injectors should be fine cause in my brothers car when he had high flow std injectors it idled worse than my car on cold start and barely cauld accelerate for the first minute or 2 and that was on pump 98 the tuner told him the spray pattern was shit and it would have bad fuel economy and cold start so on e85 would be worse so definately need a good set of injectors Aswell

I've had my Nismo in tank flowing E85 for a good 4 years. Pulled it out for a check before Xmas and both the sock and pump looked brand new.

I have a magna fuel filter which I cleaned every 500km for 3000km then every oil change after that.

I guess I was lucky in having a clean tank to start with but I know a few people who have had dramas with pumps failing and filters blocking very quickly.

I've had my Nismo in tank flowing E85 for a good 4 years. Pulled it out for a check before Xmas and both the sock and pump looked brand new.

I have a magna fuel filter which I cleaned every 500km for 3000km then every oil change after that.

I guess I was lucky in having a clean tank to start with but I know a few people who have had dramas with pumps failing and filters blocking very quickly.

:whistling: :whistling:

They are, it's just that ethanol cleans ur tank and lines so most of the time ur fuel pump filter sock gets full of crud

I'm gona keep and eye on mine for the first month or so of using ethanol

They are, it's just that ethanol cleans ur tank and lines so most of the time ur fuel pump filter sock gets full of crud

I'm gona keep and eye on mine for the first month or so of using ethanol

I was one of the unlucky ones with a dirty tank, i blame it mainly on the idiots that removed my fuel pump ages ago and left the tank open for a few weeks :domokun: Since then nobody touches my car but me or JEM.....

I had a billet filter but it wasnt fine enough so the injectors copped it, after that we went back to Ryco inline with it and kept blocking those filters.... We re-did the whole system and cleaned the tank and its perfect now!

E70 in general is amazing BUT i had a lot of bad luck in a row which made it look pretty bad!

• 2 weeks later...

There are other ways to scratch a little more out of each setup, but it gets expensive for small gains. Larger exhaust will help, as will larger cooler piping/intercooler, at the expense of response. Porting the head and cams will gain some more power also, with the same response losses. If you want more power than that, it is usually suggested to jump a turbo size or two as it's cheaper, but everyone has a different setup, funds and goals.

The hassle is the stock rear housing, depending which one you have it will restrict the amount of airflow you can get out the back, thus limiting your power.