SAU Community

What Your Girlfriend Hates About Your Skyline Thread

My better half is fine with them as long as i follow the following rules:

1. If it's has an issue, get it fixed asap

2. Occaisionally not talk about it with her brothers (which is hard because they build engines for a living)

3. To stop being so picky and buy one

She'll probably drive it as much as i do considering im always travelling for work.

i heard of a guy being forced to choose between the girlfriend and the skyline. she REALLY didn't like it. he chose the girlfriend and sold the skyline. a mistake if you ask me.

Because any female that makes you do that isn't worth it.

My girl likes my skyline she things its cool, so does my daughter..

Its me spending all my time on this bloody website that drives her nuts.... :D

Here here. I'll have to agree with you on that one. I've only owned my skyline for 5 days and my missus loves it but she does keep complaining about how much time I spend on here.

All I keep hearing being shouted to me is "what are you looking at now" Or "come on spend some time with me".

My GF both like and dislikes my R33.

When she's in with me, she doesn't mind it, enjoys it more than my previous cars...

If I go out alone however - She know I drive a bit more "freely" when I don't have her with me, and gets worried.

understandable really.

LOL what a great thread >_<

My GF was complaining a little while ago about the suspension being a bit rough, but she put it down to it being old (just stock 33 GTST) and figured it'd get better when I got my new setup... she doesn't realise that coilovers ain't gonna be a softer ride :blush:

Apart from that there's the too loud, money pit, etc... and the fact that she won't drive it because she's too scared. When it was N/A she was fine, used to really enjoy driving it (apart from mentioned complaints of course!) but once the turbo was bolted up she refuses to drive it. No matter how much I try to explain that you can actually drive it easily off boost if you want and it's only quick if you really open up the throttle, she's still too scared. Ah well. At least she'll still come in the car with me - otherwise I'd be stuck riding in her Yaris or my Lancer every time we went anywhere together :D

I think I get the same complaints as most guys...

Too Loud. (Basically its too loud if you can hear the exhaust!! lol)

Too Hard to get out of the seats in a dress/skirt.

Suspension too stiff. (My GTR has stock suspension.)

Oh and the big one. Why do you spend more time/money on your GTR then on me... >_<

But deep down she loves it... And she has told me that once or twice. :blush:

Edited by gurumaster22

in the 260RS:

BAD:

Initially hated the stiff suspension - said it was too hard to breathe and hurt her boobs on long trips

Then complained why I would wind down the window to hear every hot car that went past.

kept asking why I wouldn't turn the A/C on

Good:

Loved the Pirate door trims

Laughed her ass off at the looks I got after destroying V8s.

now in the 33 GTR:

Bad:

Its not a 260RS

The money I've spent on it, only after driving it 6 times since owning it.

Initially hated the stiff suspension - said it was too hard to breathe and hurt her boobs on long trips

Twin plate clutch rattles in the drive-thru, and its embarrassing

Its not a 260RS

Having sore hands and calf muscles from holding on tight in hill runs

Car sickness (see above)

Its not a 260RS

Good:

Loves the acceleration.

Loves wide corners...

Loves the fact it is purple

She doesn't have to explain to all her friends what a Stagea is.

She looks out for all other skylines now, and loves them!

Has learnt a heap about cars and their workings and asks questions that my car mates cant even answer!

• 3 weeks later...

My girlfriend has a pretty neutral attitude to my 34. She's saving up for a car and suprisingly she is really considering an r32 so something about them must appeal to her.

The only thing that irritates me as girls cannot seem to grasp how much the car means to you. For example, today we passed by maccas. I drove into the car park and observed a busy carpark with a number of 4wd wielding mothers (The worst demographic for damaging parked cars). I told my girlfriend that i would wait in the car whilst she went in and got what she wanted. This wasn't good enough, she's been in the shits with me all day.

My girlfriend has a pretty neutral attitude to my 34. She's saving up for a car and suprisingly she is really considering an r32 so something about them must appeal to her.

The only thing that irritates me as girls cannot seem to grasp how much the car means to you. For example, today we passed by maccas. I drove into the car park and observed a busy carpark with a number of 4wd wielding mothers (The worst demographic for damaging parked cars). I told my girlfriend that i would wait in the car whilst she went in and got what she wanted. This wasn't good enough, she's been in the shits with me all day.

:) Mate I gotta ask why you didn't get her Maccas and leave her to watch the car , you coulda maybe got a chic fight out of it if any of the fourby bitches had looked like going dingo on your ride.

:( Mate I gotta ask why you didn't get her Maccas and leave her to watch the car , you coulda maybe got a chic fight out of it if any of the fourby bitches had looked like going dingo on your ride.

Hahahaha probably should have done that!

I think she cracked the sads becuase i prioritised my cars wellbeing instead of her hunger and her need to be accompanied to macdonalds. She still doesn't understand that the car is part of our relationship :-p

My ex didn't like the bump in the foot well on the passenger side of the R32 GTR. I never noticed it but that was because I always stretch my legs out if I'm in the passenger seat. You need to have you feet near the rails to notice it. I can see how it could be annoying but meh.