SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

This turbo is current produced.

I've trailed the ATR45 SAT on a RB25det Neo today. With 0.1L of a difference in capacity those two engines are very different. The Rb26 SAT version didn't work on Rb25det, which I've had to make a new rear for. the result was 421rwkws out of a 120,000KM stock motor. Will upload result tomorrow.

This turbo is current produced.

I've trailed the ATR45 SAT on a RB25det Neo today. With 0.1L of a difference in capacity those two engines are very different. The Rb26 SAT version didn't work on Rb25det, which I've had to make a new rear for. the result was 421rwkws out of a 120,000KM stock motor. Will upload result tomorrow.

How didn't it work? Interested in your findings

Based on the same configuration It was super responsive but didn't make expected power. Same CHRA with a SS2 turbine and it worked. Response wise It made 20psi by 4200RPM and 25psi at 4400RPM. Because the owner was looking to rebuild this engine so he didn't care if it blows and decided to max out that turbo. The final run was 421rwkws peek 28psi, He been thrashing the car on daily base, its a 120,000K unopened motor and I'm surprised of how well built stock Rb25det Neos are. Perhaps that is why Nissan never released GT-Four with a Rb25det Neo motor in it.

Its not the most responsive result I've had but good enough for a daily and not too bad for the power level its reached.

power.jpg

boost.jpg

It was making 20psi around 3800RPM, which is close to 500RPM more responsive then the GTR. but stopped making power at 370rwkws. I don't have that sheet but I can see if I can get one from the tuner.

• Like 1

Hey guys and gals, just a few questions.

This is a quick run down on what I already have

740cc nismo injectors

Z32 afm

Walbro fuel pump

3 inch exhaust

Apexi power fc

Npc clutch

Manley rods

Pod filter

High flowed rb25 turbo

All making 215kwatw

My question is, I'm buying a hyper gear turbo very soon and I just wanted to know how much power roughly would the hyper gear turbo achieve? I can only run on 98 as we don't have it on pump in my area!

Thanks in advance for your reply

Yes, I'm mainly looking into making power and response based on unopended engines.

For internally gated options.

A high flowed R33 turbocharger that is done by us, you will be looking roughly into the 260rwkws mark. Or 270rwkws for a R34 turbocharger.

G3 and SS2 would be making around the 280rwkws mark with supporting mods.

Hey guys and gals, just a few questions.

This is a quick run down on what I already have

740cc nismo injectors

Z32 afm

Walbro fuel pump

3 inch exhaust

Apexi power fc

Npc clutch

Manley rods

Pod filter

High flowed rb25 turbo

All making 215kwatw

My question is, I'm buying a hyper gear turbo very soon and I just wanted to know how much power roughly would the hyper gear turbo achieve? I can only run on 98 as we don't have it on pump in my area!

Thanks in advance for your reply

Hi Ryanh2512,

You have pretty much the same mods as me, I just got my Hypergear Highflow from Stao installed and tuned yesterday. My car made 250rkwk on 18psi with the R33 21U Highflow very responsive and nice on the street. You may want to look into getting a 3inch metal intake pipe made up as well.

Also thanks Stao for the turbo :)

Yeah definitely look into a metal 3" intake pipe.. mine was sucking closed after just 220kw so its a no brainer if your wanting more then that. i would recommend 21u if you want good response. But if you want a kick in the face at 3.8-4k rpm definitely go ss2 without a doubt

• Like 3

Stao - was that last Dyno graph you posted supposed to be blank?

Also, how do your latest ATR45 results compare to the Neo Stagea result a couple of pages back? Are they similar, but different dynos? It was over 400kw..

Sorry - last question! Can you provide an Adaptronic e1280s along with your turbos, rather than the Select model? They have full sequential ign and injection, more flexible, and still have the rb25 style ecu plug.

The following is about the boost drop with few customers cars. The ability of an internally gated system holding boost through the rev range is crucial in building HP and torque in mid and upper rev range. Making sure our turbochargers are able to hold boost, our internally gated systems has been engineered to performing a very slight creep. Most of guys that uses high flows or a simple boltons tried to obtain legal appearance while keeping the amount of fabrication work to minimum, that in most of cases have to deal with restrictions. I've been building turbos for RB owners for a number of years and there is a pretty clear pattern emerging, The most people whom experience boost dropping issues are fitted with some sort of a return flow cooler. I was curious and undecided wither if it is an intercooler issue, there for purchased a car with a genuine Blitz return flow cooler fitted.

Today's run, I'm using a high flowed OP6 turbocharger with a high pressure actuator. Maps sensors were tapped from both sides of the intercooler and results was some how expected. Running high pressure actautor with no boost ebc connected, sensors is reading a 3.7psi drop across the core, and which I'm sure if EBC is adapted, the percentage of drop will be much greater.

boost.jpg

Didn't make expected power:

power.jpg

So Return flow coolers should not be used when expecting beyond 250rwkws. And in my personal opinion it should not be used at all. 600x300x100mm cooler will be installed next week to complete power run above.

• Like 1

Stao, do you think it's only the core that's the problem or does the return flow piping also play a part in the pressure drop? Do you think replacing the core in a return flow system would alleviate the problem?