SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

WIP:

Ceramic roller bearing SS-4 Turbocharger prototype 1. I've made two types of comp wheels and 3 types of turbine wheels to trail and the profile with the best result will be released. It will be running a .82 Alpha turbine housing.

I'm targeting about 480rwkws mark with the new cams and E85 with 20psi around 4500RPMs. Assume my 850cc injectors don't run out and nothing breaks.

IMGP9023.JPG

He did say that's assuming he doesn't run out of injectors, so it's likely he knows he probably will and is going to see where the but stops before he outlays on new ones.

Stao just so you know I am doing great with my Five-o injectors, a set will run you under $600 for the RB25 and come in sizes up to 1200 for factory fit.

BTW I will probably be adding an external gate to my combo so will have some room to add a VNT housing if you would like me to trial. Drop me a PM.

The current injectors started to run lean on 431rwkw, probably be out towards 450rwkws or might not get there. Will shop for larger injectors.

I will also be targeting response just like other Alpha series turbochargers. Its cool if I ended up with the most responsive 430rwkws.

Result of our recent high flowed R34 OP6 turbocharger. This turbocharger is using our upgraded high flow profile.

Tuned by Toshi on a Mainline roller dyno, made 270rwkws on 18psi of boost with factory actuator pump 98 fuel. By judging the shape of both boost and power curves this turbocharger is capable of running higher boost then what it has been set to. at 22psi is should be getting very close to 300rwkws mark.

270rwkws.jpg

Further updates. Just completed the SS3 Alpha prototype-1. There is a dealt about compressor surging using a wheel in this size with fall over blade design, specially working with VNT turbine. So I've made two set of sleeves that goes into the current compressor housing. One is anti surge while the other one is normal. If Trent has time we will be trailing the affect of having an anti surge compressor housing.

comp3.JPG

comp2.JPG

Love the bullet nut and overall look of the turbo. Starting to put out some awesome looking turbos

I'm interested in the effects of the anti surge. Its probably at least semi useful on that turbo but I'm not sure why HKS decided my little turbo needed it.

Turbo is installed and I've taken it for a quick test drive, untuned. Well its not responsive as the other alpha series turbochargers, How ever is very responsive for its size. Even it is bigger, but much more driveable compare to the ATR45. I've taken a small footage of the turbocharger on idle then shutting down. While the ATR45 didn't spin much on idle.

Hi Stao,

Just a question about your brae manifold, was your made special in terms of the wastegate position or did you just use the normal one that they make? Also how much for one of your 50mm gates?

Hi Stao,

Just a question about your brae manifold, was your made special in terms of the wastegate position or did you just use the normal one that they make? Also how much for one of your 50mm gates?

If you are getting him to make you one you should be able to have it where you like :)