SAU Community

Ben's R32 Gtst Build

sav man

On 5/4/2022 at 11:03 AM, Komdotkom said:

Is there also rumblings about partial refunds for competitors this year? I can only imagine the money which has gone down the drain for no event this year.

I'm going to try, if enough of us get together we'll have a better chance.  I think only 14% of the event was run

On 5/4/2022 at 11:03 AM, Komdotkom said:

Is there also rumblings about partial refunds for competitors this year? I can only imagine the money which has gone down the drain for no event this year.

Targa give refunds 😂

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

On 5/4/2022 at 10:21 AM, sav man said:

No idea at this stage.  I would like for them to go back to AASA.  The 200k limit is a joke, as all the incidents have been well under 200k.  This year was the first time I was checking my speedo on a stage, as I don't fully trust that the rev limiter won't overrun.

The problem is more when a car comes off the road that the GPS can't get a signal out cause the car is upsidedown or the antenna has been ripped off.  It then relys on car to car comunication, which can also fail depending on distance from the road and antenna damage.  I think there needs to be a failsafe that if a unit stops talking back to HQ that a stop and look for car instruction is sent to following cars at the last known location.  There is probably better ways, but the discussion needs to be had.

Yeah hopefully once everything has calmed down and reviewed they will come up with better procedures for rallysafe & incidents.
Having to always check speed is dangerous but at least stuff with efi/after market ecu can set limits.

On 04/05/2022 at 11:42 AM, sav man said:

I'm going to try, if enough of us get together we'll have a better chance.  I think only 14% of the event was run

While I think you've got SFA chance of actually getting money off them, I would hope that they would offer a significant discount on future entries. Despite the event not running in a competitive sense, I don't think the costs to the organisation will be much lower so from their point of view I don't think it will be viable to hand over any cash.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

After the shit show that was Targa I lost all motivation for a while.  I'll put the big block in soon and replace the Haltech with a Motec.  I don't recon I'll make it to the mainland till next year, but challenge bathurst does look cool.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...