SAU Community

Ben's R32 Gtst Build

sav man

I started puting the seat mounts in on Saterday. I've cut the standard mounts out, and so far put the front drivers side mount in. used some 3mm plate as a base, and 25x25mm rhs to go between the sill and transmission tunnel. i forgot to take the cam on sat, so i'll try and get some pics today, and put them up.

some pics of new toys

Haltech Platinum Sport 2000, and Racepak IQ3 logger dash. Better value money than a heap of gauges, also neater and easier to mount. Also can kill the engine if oil/pressures drop (right foot dosn't always obay red lights)

gallery_5985_3354_1894998.jpg

Cheap carbon boot, slight damage in the top right made it much cheaper

gallery_5985_3354_603159.jpg

gallery_5985_3354_1778440.jpg

I got my Navigators seat mount in today. Got it to sit really far back, pitty the exhaust was in the way, so i couldn't get it any lower

gallery_5985_3354_291521.jpg

gallery_5985_3354_220502.jpg

gallery_5985_3354_1332345.jpg

gallery_5985_3354_1727083.jpg

Also removed the ignition barral, and steering lock.

gallery_5985_3354_369693.jpg

Damo started stripping the loom out

gallery_5985_3354_128345.jpg

Also got a ABS unit out of a VY Commodore.

gallery_5985_3354_618071.jpg

gallery_5985_3354_1664975.jpg

Very cool Ben, gee wiz your passenger seat is going to be a long way back. I mounted mine on the hump so the passenger sits a little higher than me but i will not have one very often.

What's the idea behind the VY ABS unit?

ABS is very handy for tarmac rallies. especially when your tyres have to last for 5 days. And the standard Nissan unit isn't very good (late 80's tech vs 00's tech). And ABS from a local car is easy/cheap to find from a wrecker, I only paid $110 for the unit.

ABS is very handy for tarmac rallies. especially when your tyres have to last for 5 days. And the standard Nissan unit isn't very good (late 80's tech vs 00's tech). And ABS from a local car is easy/cheap to find from a wrecker, I only paid $110 for the unit.

How do you go wiring it up?

The unit just needs 4 wheel speed sensors, +12V, and brake switch on the input. And a warning light on the output side.

we'll post up the info no doubt after its in and working.

fair enough.. with a cage like that, i hardly think the extra few grams of steel would matter :D

i will be doing the same no doubt... as like you... i have a large sheet of alloy, sikaflex, and no a/c.