SAU Community

Ben's R32 Gtst Build

sav man

The booster does create alot of resistance when there is no vacume. I was surprised when i pulled it appart, how tight all the moving parts were.

I don't see much point in doing it to a road car.

I never had much luck doing the double flares myself ben, how did u go with them? I ended up just taking them down to tas brakes to get done.

Its coming along well though, looking forward to seeing it on the road!

they came up well, i found the key was to tighten the buggery out of the pipe holder, otherwise the pipe slips when you do the first part of the flare.

The booster does create alot of resistance when there is no vacume. I was surprised when i pulled it appart, how tight all the moving parts were.

I don't see much point in doing it to a road car.

what about a track car with numberplates though?? worth doing then??

got a parcel from roy yesterday.

gallery_5985_3354_2095132.jpg

abs unit has been tested and (now) doesn't leak, as it uses bubble flares instead on double flares.

have to brace the buggery out of the brake pedal now, as it's pretty flexy.

I think damo should give up his day job as an auto leccy and become a seamstress. I could see him on the sewing machine punching out overpriced designer dash's.

Good job guys!

id prefer to quit and go into full time race car building. but ill have a go at that to

I haven't really detected any difference between the GTST and GTR stock ABS. neither are super fast but thankfully they are quite lazy (ie quite a high threshold) so on the circuit you will almost never have it cut in at all. on uneven or broken surfaces though (which I'm sure you get plenty of in tarmac rally) they are shithouse. can't cope well at all with low grip tarmac and then you find the sampling rate/pulse speed etc become a problem. for tarmac rally I can see for sure a better unit is a good idea. I'm not sure how much is in the valve body or how much is in the programming and processor power of the ECU. I suspect most of the gain comes in smarter/faster ECUs.

Can I ask a stupid question at this stage?

I have upgraded my brakes to the Brembo size (F40, Brembo rears & larger master cylinder).

The ABS on the R32 was originally pretty ordinary. With the larger brakes it is even worse. Does the povvo pack ABS unit have enough capacity to release the large pistons on the Brembo callipers or do you need a different unit?

I suppose the question is: Is an R32 V-spec ABS unit different to the poverty pack GTR version?

A second dumb question relates to the Vspec ATTESSA unit rate. Can you sling in a later unit from a 33 ie up from 4Hz to 100Hz & does this affect the ABS???

Sorry for the thread hijack.

The pump unit in the 32 series is the same.

My GTR has Porsche 6 pot's on it, and i can still flat spot tyres with it.

I'd put a fair but of thought into a Tarmak Rally GTR, and if wanted to build the best 32, you'd fill it with R33 bits. The ATTESSA PRO ecu is day and night compared to the R32, heaps faster, ABS is heaps more responsive (but not too aggresive) , also feeds torque to the front wheels under brakes (found that from datalogging it) for stability, and a R33 transfer case to handle the higher baseline awd. IMO the biggest problem with the 32 is the old tech ECU's, it was bloody advanced in 1989, but tech came a long way by 1995, i think the pumps are fine, just the ECU that drives them.

A R33 ATTESSA ECU would be well worth doing, as you have better ABS, and AWD. I'm not sure how hard it is to disable to A-LSD in the ATTESSA PRO, cause that's the one you want. Only thing you'd want to consder is if the R32 tranfercase can handle running a little all the time.

On another note, where did you get the rotors for your F40's? Are they 2 peice, and 332mm?

Edited by sav man