SAU Community

Ben's R32 Gtst Build

sav man

post up the Pre Christmas sale pics ben :D

Re the alloy sikaflexed on. if you need to remove them to you can easily like the original factory ones.

Plus, besides the weight of alloy, it's easy to work with.

Postman Damo and his black and gold sausage dog picked up and delivered some packages.

gallery_5985_3354_250903.jpg

mmmmmm titanium.

gallery_5985_3354_180939.jpg

nice welds

gallery_5985_3354_634443.jpg

even got a silencer.

gallery_5985_3354_902567.jpg

lightweight forged buddy club p1 qf. even got stickers and valves

gallery_5985_3354_898674.jpg

gallery_5985_3354_1066464.jpg

GTR plenum and throttle bodies.

gallery_5985_3354_1917615.jpg

gallery_5985_3354_1957247.jpg

gallery_5985_3354_1887453.jpg

Edited by sav man

im considering the rb26 plenum... purely for low weight, how are you planning on fitting the plenum?? adaptor plate to the head?? weld plates on the rb20 runners?? PM me if you dont feel like sharing with everyone :huh:

it's no secret. I'm making an adapter plate up, but the plate is the easy bit, we learn't on damos, that you also need to modify the coolent bar that runs under the throttles, and the thermost housing. Not the end of the world though. Oh, it won't save much weight if any, the 26 setup is heavy as f**k.

I'm pretty much doing it just cause i can, to get rid of a heap of piping, and side entry plenums are waaaay to expensive.

im doing it for the same reason :huh: and by low weight i mean, lower... as in, to the ground.. not high and doubled up over the engine.. it will be low slung and im hoping to bring more balance with the exhaust manifold. with the way the engine rocks when revved, all the weight gets thrown to the turbo side.

side entry plenums are almost no existent for RB20... and the ones that do exist are too ricey.. i like the factory look of the rb26 plenum and the noise of 6 throttles... and it can support 400kw... my rb20 will never ever see that much power.

are you not worried about having the injectors 20mm further away from the head??

it's only 10mm, making the adaptor out of 10mm plate alloy. Also the uuber expensive blitz one takes the injector 25mm out from the head, and from all accounts that was a good bit of gear.

awesome... i was considering making the adapter plates and weld them to the stock rb20 runners to bolt the throttle bodies to... but your way is much cleaner and less hassle.. i thought you would have had to use 20-25mm plate, hence why i didnt want to do it, but if its only 10mm then thats not so bad.

btw, i love your exhaust!

im doing it for the same reason :D and by low weight i mean, lower... as in, to the ground.. not high and doubled up over the engine.. it will be low slung and im hoping to bring more balance with the exhaust manifold. with the way the engine rocks when revved, all the weight gets thrown to the turbo side.

side entry plenums are almost no existent for RB20... and the ones that do exist are too ricey.. i like the factory look of the rb26 plenum and the noise of 6 throttles... and it can support 400kw... my rb20 will never ever see that much power.

are you not worried about having the injectors 20mm further away from the head??

If anything the further out that the injectors are the better. the more time the fuel has to atomise.

its one of thoes things that when you start looking you can see why we have built bens and mine the way we have. i started with the chop up the rb20 plenum option but that was way to complicated unless you was able to weld alloy yourself and wanted to do it that way. i made a plate that took about 5-6 hours to produce the first time around and most of that was the actual time setting up on jigs to cut the bits out.

Had you thought about the negative affects of the shorter runners on the 20? Bens planning on head work designed around this issue. my cars a different story as my engine is a 25de

the Plazman plenums are a grate option and have been proven over and over but they cost way to much for what they are. the price that we have been able to buy all the bits and make these for make them more worth while than the plasman.

yeh ive read as many articles as i can about the rb26 plenum on the RB20.. i will be doing as much headwork, and as much lightening and balancing as (financially) possible.. thinking solid lifters and big big cams (i know, its expensive).. so with a high high rev limit, and a high powerband, im thinking the rb26 plenum should be the go, as im not worried about bottom torque or street drivability.. the Zoom article showed the rb26 setup having great response, but lacking in the midrange compared to stock, but then picking up again later on. i dont know what turbo that was with though.

the sound of big cams and 6 throttles will make up for a lack of midrange.

Any pictures of the guts of the muffler. I have a trust ti exhaust, i grabbed the twin muffler version as its meant to be reasonably quiet..,but the ID of the rear muffler is only about 2.5" or so

I'm not very impressed with trust exhausts's, we lost 30rwkw with a 80mm trust peII on the Targa car. Our tuner says it's got restrictive mufflers.

i'll get some pics of the inside of mine tonight. Pretty sure mine is a custom build job, i got it's 2nd hand cheap ($880 delivered)

Any pictures of the guts of the muffler. I have a trust ti exhaust, i grabbed the twin muffler version as its meant to be reasonably quiet..,but the ID of the rear muffler is only about 2.5" or so

I didn't take any pics, but the muffler is 90mm through the guts

17x8 +28. the size restricted by the cadegory.

it should sound awsome. Just thinking what the good engine will sound like at 9000+ if i can be bothered building it.

the r33 is a far surperior car, and would be a good tarmac rally car if it was developed.

my car isnt too far off being tarmac spec...just needs the standard huffer and bonnet put back on....and oh I'd probably have to take off my silly rear wing too.

I thought about building it to targa specs...i just felt that it would be too heavy and lethargic with a standard turbo.

and not being on the Cams list didnt help matters lol