SAU Community

Ben's R32 Gtst Build

sav man

I rate the F40s. I grabbed some 6 pot Alcons and got all wet over them until i realised they run 376x36mm rotors :P A bit bigger then i was expecting/hoping. Oh well, back to std brakes while the car sits in storage. One day....i will just burn it and build a track GTSt like Two Bens Racing

The pump unit in the 32 series is the same.

My GTR has Porsche 6 pot's on it, and i can still flat spot tyres with it.

I'd put a fair but of thought into a Tarmak Rally GTR, and if wanted to build the best 32, you'd fill it with R33 bits. The ATTESSA PRO ecu is day and night compared to the R32, heaps faster, ABS is heaps more responsive (but not too aggresive) , also feeds torque to the front wheels under brakes (found that from datalogging it) for stability, and a R33 transfer case to handle the higher baseline awd. IMO the biggest problem with the 32 is the old tech ECU's, it was bloody advanced in 1989, but tech came a long way by 1995, i think the pumps are fine, just the ECU that drives them.

A R33 ATTESSA ECU would be well worth doing, as you have better ABS, and AWD. I'm not sure how hard it is to disable to A-LSD in the ATTESSA PRO, cause that's the one you want. Only thing you'd want to consder is if the R32 tranfercase can handle running a little all the time.

On another note, where did you get the rotors for your F40's? Are they 2 peice, and 332mm?

The F40's (like most stuff on SAU) came from Roy. They are a good calliper & take a pad from the 4 pot Brembos on the Falcons of all things. Makes me wonder if all those Brembos on Foulcans can be put to better use?

The rotors are stock R33 gear, ie 324x30. Still trying to find a 345 rotor to suit & get bracket made. Project Mu don't quote the offset for their 345 rotor for the Nissan (Part Number FC44 N102A & FS44 N102A with the callipers dependent on which calliper). :ninja:

I found the bias to be a little too far rearward so I reckon the bigger rotor would be excellent.

The issue(s) I had with the ABS ECU are obviously that the cycle rate is rubbish but more so that the damn thing doesn't appear to actually release the locked wheel when you are on R compounds. Maybe the line pressure is too high but it doesn't function at all well as ABS on the track. Makes me wonder why bother carrying it.

R33 computers/ATTESSA looks like an idea. No need for the 33 V-spec stuff but if the povvo pack gear works on a 32 that would be excellent. Although having said that with the Ruzic controller there isn't too much wrong with the 32 ATTESSA - as long as it is shimmed to spec.....

post-5134-1266975297_thumb.jpg

Bugger, i have a 343mm bracket for the F40, though its buried in storage :) Dont run PMU 345s...lol for gods sale. Way too expensive., Grab some B-Spec 343mm x 32mm rotors. Good sturdy design and reasonably priced replacements and they are a very easy rotor to adapt the F40 to.

Depends on which hats you have. Alcon, Dixcel, Brembo, Stoptech all make a decent 332 x 32mm rotor. I guess you run Brembo so you can get Dixcel replacement rotors off yahoo or out of Japan. Since the dollar is doing ok you can consider buying new stoptech hats and rotors as the hats are damn similar but sadly dont take the Stoptech rotor (assuming you run a Brembo hat) It may work out more viable as the Stoptech replacement rotors are very cheap compared to many of the others out there

fgs, re bend those brake lines!~ my grandmother can bend tube better than that... =P

other than that im loving the suede dash and the build up in general... awesome stuff, best of luck.

are you allowed to replace all the glass with something a bit lighter like perspex?

im heading out to strip my '32 after being hit with a wave of inspiration hah ha.

Cheers, Rowdy

fgs, re bend those brake lines!~ my grandmother can bend tube better than that... =P

other than that im loving the suede dash and the build up in general... awesome stuff, best of luck.

are you allowed to replace all the glass with something a bit lighter like perspex?

im heading out to strip my '32 after being hit with a wave of inspiration hah ha.

Cheers, Rowdy

Re brake line. Damo is not responsible for any of the braking system thus the level of workmanship is low. lol.

yep perspex can be used but its getting more like a dollar thing as im spending more money than ben had budgeted. i dont think we will have any issue getting down to the base weight for targa anyway.

Cheers, Rowdy

your grandma can definatly take pipe better than that, she's very good at taking pipe. :D

Edited by sav man

more update

Mounts 1/2 fabricated for the abs sensors. just need to drill holes for sensors.

gallery_5985_3354_1033697.jpg

gallery_5985_3354_1639341.jpg

Test fitting the dash

gallery_5985_3354_1673908.jpg

gallery_5985_3354_488206.jpg

Damo straightening the fins on roys old intercooler.

gallery_5985_3354_1942326.jpg

Painted engine bay, now with some more wires.

gallery_5985_3354_266361.jpg

Modified coolent pipe for under the plenum

gallery_5985_3354_1977350.jpg

gallery_5985_3354_56278.jpg

dash looks good boys... will be doing mine this weekend.

ive read that the 3m spray glue is good to use also?? yes?? no?? dont know?? should i repeat the question?? or is selleys qwik grip the only shit to use??

using pegs is a bloody good idea too... must get some of them yes.

this biger question is will it be ready in 30 days. As those last 26 days will be used for testing.

Nah its only fun when your running in/tuning/finishing off interior on the drive to scrutineering!!!!

But yeh good plan!

been there done that, ended up wedged off the road at hillwood, that flattening a pole at stragn. Not doing that again, if it's not going by the end of March I won't run this year.