SAU Community

Ben's R32 Gtst Build

sav man

Did you happen to weigh the rear cradles? With the alloy hubs is the GTR rear end any lighter? Alsowhat Ti exhaust have you scored Marlin? My twin mufflerTi Trust exhuast is the street one which i am told is more expensive then the single muffler race exhausts...i am waiting for some dyno time to see if it makes the power i am after

Nothing new mate, mine is a stainless one from Just Jap. Outstanding value, including dump pipe (which just needed a small tidy up internally) and X-Force cat was around 650 bucks!

GTS-t's a budget racers bra! The cat alone retails around 300!

I couldn't be happier with it, great finish, and is holding up without issue :P

Edited by Marlin

looking good battered sav.

I like the ABS new mounting. it'll be interesting to see what the pedal's like without the booster but with the new pedal ratio. it's certainly nice to get some space back in the engine bay and save a bit of weight too. :P very good idea.

Baron, I did it to mine and the feel is chalk and cheese (read: FAR better!). I'm constantly trying to convince Berry to change his because as it is now I think it's terrible. Impossible to modulate worth a damn.

JJ often list stuff on ebay under an alternate marketing name, and just so happens I was the only bidder :)

Also, all Targa folks get a great discount there regardless, talk to Darron if you need anything as Steve is rarely avaialble :P

you get a deal? listed as $899 on just jap + postage

http://justjap.com/store/product.php?produ...=273&page=2

That's not the one I have mate. Mine is the ovoid style dump (I prefer anyway) and doesn't have a resinator (bonus to me ::P. It may have been a runout special?

Just found the email and I paid the freight as I'm on a good rate with TNT;

JDM Performance Turbo Back Exhaust System- R32 GTST 1 AU $699.00

Nothing new mate, mine is a stainless one from Just Jap. Outstanding value, including dump pipe (which just needed a small tidy up internally) and X-Force cat was around 650 bucks!

GTS-t's a budget racers bra! The cat alone retails around 300!

I couldn't be happier with it, great finish, and is holding up without issue :P

so your saying your stainless system weighs around 7kg? because we weighed my 3" mild steel exhaust. dump pipe back with no mufflers and pretty much only one bend and it was 10Kg. the stainless one must be super thin walled. which is probably the case.

It weighed 11kg including front/dump pipe and cat convertor on my certified freight scales. Whatever it is made from, it's still going strong and it didn't scream "crap" when I received it or I simply wouldn't have installed it. :P

post-7861-1265596654_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marlin

looking good battered sav.

I like the ABS new mounting. it'll be interesting to see what the pedal's like without the booster but with the new pedal ratio. it's certainly nice to get some space back in the engine bay and save a bit of weight too. :P very good idea.

The removal of the booster was under Ben's advice, and it's just one less thing to go wrong. If a one way valvle fails, your assisted bedal can turn into a 16psi pedal stopper.

The ABS is a commo unit (Bosh), the R32 gtr abs is bad enough, i can't imagine what the gtst one is like. i've seen alot of people mount them on the passengers side, which i thought is pretty dumb, considering the piping hot exhaust runs right under it (which is where the lines would go with a nav in the car)

Edited by sav man

I haven't really detected any difference between the GTST and GTR stock ABS. neither are super fast but thankfully they are quite lazy (ie quite a high threshold) so on the circuit you will almost never have it cut in at all. on uneven or broken surfaces though (which I'm sure you get plenty of in tarmac rally) they are shithouse. can't cope well at all with low grip tarmac and then you find the sampling rate/pulse speed etc become a problem. for tarmac rally I can see for sure a better unit is a good idea. I'm not sure how much is in the valve body or how much is in the programming and processor power of the ECU. I suspect most of the gain comes in smarter/faster ECUs.

master cylinder is 1/2 mounted, just need to drill and tap the holes for the studs. Some new brake lines run

gallery_5985_3354_446323.jpg

gallery_5985_3354_49238.jpg

Some lines to the abs unit, need to tidy them up before they are flared.

gallery_5985_3354_194791.jpg

I have wasted the last two weekends being dicked around by the std Nissan brake lines...have to ge the car farking towed in the morning because of them :) So looking forward to farking them off again and having fresh lines with banjos and not those shitty, alloy swaged fittings :(

Got my abs hubs back from getting the bearings replaced. old ones needed a 60t press to get them out (after they were tried in a 12t, then a 30t)

Roy: i was given the advice to put anti seize on all the brake fittings, from the local hydrolic place, as it stops you rounding them. I rounded the rear fitting in my gtr, and dremmeled it down to a 9mm head

What are the advantages of getting rid of the booster? Wouldnt it require more pedal effort without one?

It does require more effort, but you quickly get used to it. Done properly, it feels much lighter pressure than if you simply experiment and disconnect your booster.

You need to alter the pedal ratio from approx 4:1 to 6:1 by moving the master cyliner up approx 27mm, and re-drilling the top of the brake pedal inside the same amount. That gives you more leverage, and ends up about 6:1.

The benefit is much better brake feel. I found after putting Brembos on mine that I couldn't modulate the pedal as well as I needed, so having non assisted brakes was a massive improvement.