SAU Community

Who Got Hailed?

Fido_

just got back from the 'just car' assement place in the city

my gtr has been writen off - the whole process tool less than 10 minutes, even got a cabcharge for the ride back to work.

They had a 'Pickles auction' sticker on that car before I could say a word, and by the time I got into the taxi the car was already gone.

: (

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah me too. If you don't want to claim you don't have to, that's why it's called an assessment, you are still entitled to not go ahead with a claim if you don't want to. I'd have fought that one and not given them the keys. You still own the car man, you are not leasing it from Insurance company. Sounds a bit suss to me.

Oh yeah, I wanna see damage pics too! 10 pages now and all we've seen is text and a few ice balls.... hehehehehe balls

i was thinkn of swapping the rims over for cheap ones, taking out the dvd player and exhaust then putting the original back on before an inspection. They aren't keeping my good stuff!

no no nothing doggy, maybe i worded that a bit wrong.

The choice was I go ahead and claim the insurance or not.

If I went ahead with the claim - it would be a write off

from then I had 2 choices:

a. settle everything now, leave the car, sign the paperwork and money would be in the bank in aprox 48 hrs

b. return the car within 48hrs and settle everything then

I had already ripped everything out, so I didn't see any point in hanging on the car any longer.

Since I had agreed value I got a good deal out of it.

I was just surprised at how quickly the process went.

This is so sad, it's like a war. People losing their loved ones to the storm - I want to claim on insurance and I fear my car would be writable offable but I think I like it too much to do that. Not only, but I don't think I'll find another one for the same price in the condition that I got this one in.

I got quotes of around $5K so mine wont get written off or repaired as my excess is $3K :D

Can you claim and get the cash instead of repairing it with Just Car?

Nope, I don't think so. Not unless you're good friends with a panelbeater and plan on avoiding Just Car seeing your unrepaired vehicle for the rest of it's insured life. If it's a write off you can buy back the wreck with the money they pay you out and keep the difference.

So I got my car assessed at Just Cars this morning and they are willing to repair it.

They want the roof and boot lid repaired by The Dent Maestro Paintless Dent Removal. (Recommended by Just Cars)

Roof has 3 dents and the boot has 1.

They say it would take about 5 days but they have been pretty quick with all the cars and they said 3 days should do it.

Bonnet and 2 front guards would have to goto the panel beater.

But panel beater won't touch my car until The Dent Maestro Paintless Dent Removal have removed the dents 1st and that is booked in earliest on the 28th April 2010.

So just goto wait.

Saw about a total of about 4 to 5 Skyline R33's today at the assessment.

Black R33 GTS-T with the SAU website across the rear windscreen a few silver ones and a R33 GTR with bronze colour wheels, all just sitting there.

getting my assessment done on the 31st, will be suprised at what they decide, the damage is pretty bad.

I havn't heard anything about Perth yet, i'll keep an eye on the news.

Black R33 GTS-T with the SAU website across the rear windscreen a few silver ones and a R33 GTR with bronze colour wheels, all just sitting there.

thats my baby. hopefully she's out of there by now