SAU Community

Who Got Hailed?

Fido_

thank god my car is defected so sitting in the garage. was driving mates car when it started. made a quick dash home to find out the garage was taken up. his car coped a little beating. Just cars will cover for hail damage so thats a relief.

another mate was on the freeway. didnt know it was coming until he just drove into the storm. 100kmh+hail+brand new black WRX=not a happy camper.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to wash my Fairlane tomorrow and count up all the dents it has in it. I was driving on St Kilda Rd and was stuck at Domain interchange when it hit. I couldn't even hear my missus talking to me, and she was sitting right next to me.

The passenger side of the car has a fair few dents, but only little ones, same with the roof and bonnet. The drivers side has a couple of big ones, so debating on whether or not to make a claim (hopefully they write the car off :thumbsup:)

What a day that was. I left my Skyline outside my mum's house and caught a lift to my cousin's wedding in Hawthorn. We suddenly saw this massive storm wall heading towards us, the wind picked up and started throwing branches onto the road and then the hail came. Luckily we were caught in nothing more than thumbnail sized hail but that was insane. Throughout the rest of the day we were caught in a massive traffic jam on Toorak Road as the trams had broken down and blocked the road, traffic lights were out, sections of footpath were raised up out of the ground, and then it only got worse when we got to Albert Park. Cars in the former Redheads carpark were in water up to their bonnets, plenty of expensive total write-offs. We only just made it through some huge puddles in the S15, any higher and we would have been in the same boat (excuse the pun.) I have never seen so much water. We had 1 month's rainfall in the space of 18 minutes.

Fortunately I checked my Skyline this morning and the big hail missed us. It's now in the garage, more storms are predicted. Sorry to hear of those who weren't so fortunate.

i can has ur old bonnet?

Hah!

Will see when I take it to the panel beaters.

I counted about 7 but there is about 8 x 20c sized dents on it.

It's a matter of how server the dents are, either they pop'em out or panel beaters work their way on it or if it is better off changing the bonnet.

Will let you know after I get back from the panel beaters.

New windscreen tomorrow, 1st thing in the morning... At least I can drive it.

Got hailed down in North West... probably copped about 5 minutes worth of hail, pretty big chunks, marble sized and pea sized... but lucky I got no damage. I drove slowly around 25 KM/h also because the roads were iced.

my GTR's in taters:

cracked front windscreen

dents everywhere

was visiting friends in Rowville - damn should have just stayed home.

and I only increased the excess the other week to reduce my premiums - F$%^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rowville area looked like a disasterzone.

My mates aircon looked like someone sprayed it with machine gun fire!!!

Holes in peoples roofs - incredible.

I was at Flemington races when the storm came, in the space of 5 mins the place was totally flooded. We took refuge on a bench, stood there for an hour then decided to make a run for it, shoes and socks off pants rolled up and into the freezing cold water!

Getting out of Flemington took an hour on its own, no taxis, no trains, luckily found a couple of old blokes with space in the car that took us in and drove us into the city. Had to turn around 5 times or so on the way due to flooded roads. Saw two S14's both stuck in the water in the space of 100m lol

No hail damage to any of my cars, but my sisters 3 week old Barina copped it pretty bad. Luckily for me my wagon was in Geelong, my ute was in Burnside, my 323 was parked in Belgrave but under a thick tree so it didnt cop any hail!

In Burnside right now and the rain is pretty heavy, the pool was 5 inches from the top yesterday, its currently about 5 mins away from overflowing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDlmST49Rq4