SAU Community

Paul's R32 Gtr Track Build

paulR32gtr

Finally got my other project out of the way and starting putting it back together today.

Reunited at long last

CIMG6465.jpg

New brake booster and master cylinder, have a rebuild kit for the clutch master cyl that I will get on to once I get some circlip pliers.

CIMG6463.jpg

New engine loom going in

CIMG6467.jpg

PWR radiator & in-tank oil cooler test fitting. All looking pretty good. Top pins are about 5mm out, and the factory brackets need to be flipped but all looks to sit well. I did have to bend a small lip on the car at the bottom in front of the radiator so that it didn't foul but only a few mm. Aiming to have the fuel tank and most of the wiring back in tomorrow.

CIMG6473.jpg

CIMG6474.jpg

CIMG6475.jpg

CIMG6472.jpg

CIMG6476.jpg

Steel steering blush replacement for the rubber one has arrived going in tonight.

Also need to get a replacement dust cover for the input to the rack. Literally just touched it when cleaning the subframe and it fell apart. Apparently there is a toyota rubber one that is the same size and fits well.sristeerspacer.jpg

How the fk do you get the time to do this? Please let me know if you have managed to clone yourself!

Ha I wish. Yeah just slowly chip away at it. Good to have a space where it can just sit and you can put time in where you can.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Paul

I am most impressed with the level of detail you have gone to. I am just embarking on a R32 build myself using the good fellows at Racepace so I am feeling rather inspired now after reading all the posts on this thread. Good luck with finishing it mate. I will start my own build thread I think. Ev.

Solid steering bush in, also grabbed the dust boot of my spare 34 rack - a little different but its rubber and fits up pretty well. Will do the trick seeing it wont be driven on the road.

CIMG6582.jpg

Hi Paul

I am most impressed with the level of detail you have gone to. I am just embarking on a R32 build myself using the good fellows at Racepace so I am feeling rather inspired now after reading all the posts on this thread. Good luck with finishing it mate. I will start my own build thread I think. Ev.

Thanks Evan. Is your car already at Racepace? Was there on Thursday and there was a white 32 that looks like the one in your sig - a nice example! Get on to the build thread for sure.

Yes very tough! Should be even meaner once all the junk is removed from inside. Cage should look good too. Got to decide how that will look as well. I might make a hybrid of yours or Duncan's perhaps..