SAU Community

Neil's R33 Gts-t Build

Neil

Thanks Chris I'm very happy with it. Strange looking at that pic,,,looks like theres an abdormality in the fibre,,,a bit weird.

Yea Mat thats exactly where it's going. Mine was the test one and I have one more piece to do which is Duncan's dash and after that I'm going buy another sheet and do the Radicals dash.

Cheers

Neil.

That is what I need to mount my gauges on - please text me where you sourced the carbon fibre sheet from.

How are you going with wheel selection?

I have a few sets for my car but 18 x 8 with a 30 offset seems to provide good clearance and fills the R33 guards well.

Good old Jap wheels are a lot lighter and stronger that some of the new options that are going around and still affordable. You also have to think about spares as well so multiple sets would be in order. I have stuck with the old favourites of SSR, Enkie, Buddy Club, Nismo and OZ Racing for my collection in keeping with the R33 becoming a classic and look better with rims from the same era.

Charles,,,,I searched everywhere to find smaller pieces of carbon fibre and in the end the remote control boys at work had the answers.

Here's a link to one of them.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230576472115&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I'm just about sold on 350Z wheels actually,,,while they are not the lightest,,,they are factory quality rims which I like and very cheap. I have my eye on a set on ebay so nobody bid on them please.

Cheers

Neil.

Thanks Chris I'm very happy with it. Strange looking at that pic,,,looks like theres an abdormality in the fibre,,,a bit weird.

Yea Mat thats exactly where it's going. Mine was the test one and I have one more piece to do which is Duncan's dash and after that I'm going buy another sheet and do the Radicals dash.

Cheers

Neil.

I've always thought the gauges down there were too far out of view for myself personally.

I used to have my boost gauge down there just above the ash tray, and the only way I knew what my boost was doing was to look at it... I much preferred them up higher.

How do you find the 5 gauges that Duncan has in the GTR sitting in that spot? Are they something you can "keep an eye on" easily?

Reason I ask is I'm still debating location for oil temp, water temp and oil pressure gauges for mine.

I've always thought the gauges down there were too far out of view for myself personally.

I used to have my boost gauge down there just above the ash tray, and the only way I knew what my boost was doing was to look at it... I much preferred them up higher.

How do you find the 5 gauges that Duncan has in the GTR sitting in that spot? Are they something you can "keep an eye on" easily?

Reason I ask is I'm still debating location for oil temp, water temp and oil pressure gauges for mine.

I think it's a very debatable question and I think ulimately you are right. While Duncan and my gauges are not in your straight line of sight,,,He and I are very awhere of them and so watch them constantly.

We both are using the turbosmart e-boost unit so that can sit on the steering shroud.

My gauge system will evolve over time,,,I will be still running my factory gauges,,,so they are sort of like idiot lights and this will be stage 1. Stage 2 will be to butcher a factory dash and insert as many of my stack gauges in there as possible. I'm also thinking about using the autometer shift light but without the tacho,,,like this,,,

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AUTO-METER-PRO-SHIFT-LITE-LIGHT-/200607885520?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eb52968d0

Stage 3 will a full race dash,,,be it stack/aim or my prefered option of motec.

Cheers

Neil.

I think it's a very debatable question and I think ulimately you are right. While Duncan and my gauges are not in your straight line of sight,,,He and I are very awhere of them and so watch them constantly.

We both are using the turbosmart e-boost unit so that can sit on the steering shroud.

My gauge system will evolve over time,,,I will be still running my factory gauges,,,so they are sort of like idiot lights and this will be stage 1. Stage 2 will be to butcher a factory dash and insert as many of my stack gauges in there as possible. I'm also thinking about using the autometer shift light but without the tacho,,,like this,,,

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AUTO-METER-PRO-SHIFT-LITE-LIGHT-/200607885520?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eb52968d0

Stage 3 will a full race dash,,,be it stack/aim or my prefered option of motec.

Cheers

Neil.

Ah fair enough.

I think I'm going to end up hacking up a standard dash pretty soon. Mine still has road rego (Don't ask me why... LOL), so I'm thinking of ways to keep things functional, relatively legal, yet "raceable"

So while searching for some info I thought Neil posted I found this...

Druncans car is not too bad.

It's actually been well behaved lattely

See Neil... It's all Brad's fault for wrecking Duncan's car...

Na it still is well behaved.

It's sitting in the corner and doesn't give me any greif at all.......

I have done a few little maintainace bits to it

You should make it reliable and fit an LS1... I freamnof LS1 twin turbo with attessa...

You should make it reliable and fit an LS1... I dreamn of an LS1 twin turbo with attessa...

Oh the apprentice has spoken,,,. I beleive he also needs his mouth washed out with soap.

Brad is he helping or hindering,,,just don't let him any where near an engine with a heavy tool,,,,he thinks wacking things fixes it.

Cheers

Neil.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...