SAU Community

Neil's R33 Gts-t Build

Neil

Must be something to do with being white :)

I hope all is well with Neil and car. It was mighty impressive the progress he was making. With some luck its finished and will soon be able to be enjoyed after all that labour

Maybe he decided not to build it after what happened to Paul's(ex-snowy's) car on the weekend....that was very nasty. Glad those guys are ok, they must have been rattled.

I heard Neil loves Cheryl like a daughter and may be afraid of driving her quickly.

It's all good guy's,,,Cheryl and I are alive and kicking.

Whilst I may have lost interest in this thread,,,trust me WE haven't stopped building her,,,far from it she runs again and drives.

Duncan may well be correct in saying she will have her 1st shakedown in December.

Cheers

Neil.

Dates and venues please, If its in Syney I would love to come and say hi and see her in the flesh during her first shake down.

I even have the tyre pressure guage you gave me, which sir both it and me are at your disposal.

It's all good guy's,,,Cheryl and I are alive and kicking.

Whilst I may have lost interest in this thread,,,trust me WE haven't stopped building her,,,far from it she runs again and drives.

Duncan may well be correct in saying she will have her 1st shakedown in December.

Cheers

Neil.

I look forward to seeing all your hard work Neil!

Cool, I heard the other day that SAU-NSW is having a track day in December? Is that the SAU Track Day you are talking about?

I will be up for Xmas so would be great to finally get back on a NSW track...and just quickly. My car went ok at the Nats. Need some tyres and more talent as it wasnt overly quick :(

Speaking of old project cars.....

Ryan ive noticed you looking around for another R33??

Andrews car is sitting around and is up for sale.

Now has an r34 neo engine, resprayed in the same blue, new cooler kit, decent rims, interior is back in it with good seats etc.

Shoot me a pm if you are after a car still. It's sitting around with 4 other cars I'll never touch now the R34 is being built.

• 4 weeks later...

She sure looks the part :worship:

I was talking to Brad at the "Legends Dinner" and he was saying that with the new paint the interior came up looking first class and from the pictures he was not kidding - well done Neil and Duncan.

Now all you need to do is have her completed for the Wakefield day in a few weeks for a shakedown run.

I'm ashamed I've only just stumbled across this thread Neil! Moving the cool car (read proper race cars with cages) threads from the Motorsport section was a mistake. I said that at the time.

Nice build mate! Your hectic engine bay looks as hard core as mine! lol