SAU Community

[Closed] Borg Warner Efr Series Turbos

Lithium

Very on off... but there's 3500rpm of 350kw+ on there...

Ugh, decisions.

I'll bet my left nut that if you drove it, it won't "feel" like that.

Show me a set of stock position twins that will make 32 psi by early 4000's, make 550 kW on a 2.6L.

Bit of homework for a Friday night. :P

I'd love to go in this direction - but trying to keep mine a 'warm' stocker - which means I'm forced to go garrett twins (-5,-7,-9) or maybe the tomei's - being a new GTR owner, everything seems to have '000 after it - a little horrifying- a little exciting at the same time :-)

I'd love to go in this direction - but trying to keep mine a 'warm' stocker - which means I'm forced to go garrett twins (-5,-7,-9) or maybe the tomei's - being a new GTR owner, everything seems to have '000 after it - a little horrifying- a little exciting at the same time :-)

Very on off... but there's 3500rpm of 350kw+ on there...

Ugh, decisions.

Dude are f**king serious?! Very on off?!

Find a set of twins with a curve that fat?!

Paul couldn't even make 250kw @ 4000 with a million dollar head and a high comp stroker and EVERYTHING tampered with in some way to bring these things on!

This destroyed Pauls AMAZING twin turbo result.

Find a curve that matches or beats Paul's car with twins with 2.8L?

Bet you will be hard pressed finding a 3L with more grunt down low.

This twin turbo mentality like a f**king disease in you kents! The whole if its "not twin turbo" a single turbo makes it a gts4 or im a "purist" it has to be twin turbo. What a load of shit! If you're a purist why are you modifying your car? Leave it stock thats pure! If you're a purist why are you putting a faarkin commodore block in your car?! Thats not pure either! At the end of the day we are all modifying our cars to be faster are we not?

I get the whole thing of wanting "stock appearing" i do and thats fine if the po po are hot in your area it makes sense.

But even still realistically how many cops are actually gunna know that GTR'S are TWIN TURBO? I bet 4 out of 5 wouldn't faarkin know.

But if you are trying to genuinely build a fast responsive car twins in the bin single for the win.

/ rant

Oh wait not yet... Every twin turbo car i have been in is dead down low then BANG hold the f**k on heres the power! Every single car that i have driven has had much more linear smooth progressive power that is way easier to "drive fast" the very thing EVERY twin turbo the sphincter of the universe thinks a single is and "hates it" because of this fact. Pull ya heads outta ya asses because i can tell you ITS NOT LIKE THAT!

Ok im done now lol!

• Like 5

For me - I'd love single - but the threat of having to spend a ridiculous amount of coin to swap back and forth for rwc' doesn't make sense. Sure 4 out of 5 coppers dont know what they are looking at - but get that one - and you are F'ed - changing it back is almost impossible. I don't doubt that a well configured single smashes a twin - but there are those of us that want to maintain a rwc vehicle - so at the very least - if I have to sell - there's no bullshit. If it's a track car - go nuts :-)

This same motor/head had -7s on it before the single setup and my mate says the single is better in every single way.

More respresponsible than -7s (probably the most responsive low mounts there are) and makes another 160kw

Ditch the twins (y)

Cops will target skyline no matter what.

I'm going to the dyno today. Hopefully we will have pumpgas charts from 12-20 psi. Every turbo when pushed to 30 psi go to the OFF--ON. You'd need to drive it...it's unreal

Paul couldn't even make 250kw @ 4000 with a million dollar head and a high comp stroker and EVERYTHING tampered with in some way to bring these things on!

This twin turbo mentality like a f**king disease in you kents! The whole if its "not twin turbo" a single turbo makes it a gts4 or im a "purist" it has to be twin turbo. What a load of shit! If you're a purist why are you modifying your car? Leave it stock thats pure! If you're a purist why are you putting a faarkin commodore block in your car?! Thats not pure either! At the end of the day we are all modifying our cars to be faster are we not?

I get the whole thing of wanting "stock appearing" i do and thats fine if the po po are hot in your area it makes sense.

But even still realistically how many cops are actually gunna know that GTR'S are TWIN TURBO? I bet 4 out of 5 wouldn't faarkin know.

But if you are trying to genuinely build a fast responsive car twins in the bin single for the win.

/ rant

Oh wait not yet... Every twin turbo car i have been in is dead down low then BANG hold the f**k on heres the power! Every single car that i have driven has had much more linear smooth progressive power that is way easier to "drive fast" the very thing EVERY twin turbo the sphincter of the universe thinks a single is and "hates it" because of this fact. Pull ya heads outta ya asses because i can tell you ITS NOT LIKE THAT!

Ok im done now lol!

The power curve goes form very little to very much in a short space of time. That is the definition of on off. Note i didn't say it was bad, also note I also commented how f**king amazing it is having 350+kw for an entire 3500rpm band a few posts later. No need to rant it makes you look silly; the facts are out there and are speaking for themselves, the real issue is the nitty gritty details of what particular size/setup I want to grab :P

/ rant

Ok im done now lol!

Valium might help you Mick :)

What are you trying to say, lol

And on that topic,

It seems like the race is between:

7670 IWG .92, which would probably get close to overspeeding but be even more stupidly responsive

7670 EWG 1.02, which should net more power but probably still get close to overspeeding, and be slightly less respnsive?

8374 IWG .92, which would be in a good efficiency range, but be laggier than the smaller option but maybe close to the 7670 EWG due to the smaller A/R?

And on that topic,

It seems like the race is between:

7670 IWG .92, which would probably get close to overspeeding but be even more stupidly responsive

7670 EWG 1.02, which should net more power but probably still get close to overspeeding, and be slightly less respnsive?

8374 IWG .92, which would be in a good efficiency range, but be laggier than the smaller option but maybe close to the 7670 EWG due to the smaller A/R?

Pete, have you read much on the evoM forum? Some guys that went 7670, a lot go "bugger it, I'm going 8374". The guys that go 8374 step up to the 9180. It's quite funny to watch.

If you want 400 KW and that's it a 7670 might be the go. But reaper on here is cracking gates at around 4300 RPM (from memory) on a stock engine (it does have the baby v cam), makes 470 kW using a 8374/1.05. You'll have a reasonably high comp 2.8.

Speaking to a few guys that have these things, the dyno graph doesn't give a true indication of how they drive. How soon are you going to make the decision?