SAU Community

[Closed] Borg Warner Efr Series Turbos

Lithium

Interesting.

Do you have the shaft speed sensor on it? If so, what does it read at what boost and powah? Got a graph? Everyone likes a picture.

Yeah, I got a shaft speed sensor on it, in fairness we had to get a circuit made to convert the signal for the ECU to be able to decipher it (there wasn't one available at the time) so I can't be 100% that I'm getting the correct reading. I have recently bought the Full-Race convertor box, so when I fit that and get a run on the track or the dyno I will get some more data logs out of the ECU to be sure.

At 22psi it gets to 132,000rpm (absolute max is said to be 140,000)

I have the dyno sheet of the tune, but nothing with the speed sensor.....I would have to maybe do a screen shot of the data log off the Link ECU software?

So really, in the current state of tune the turbo has nothing left unless you want to REALLY wring it's neck.

470 odd kw ain't nothing to sneeze at though.

No doubt there will be others out there that could get more out of it that I have, my setup is by no means perfect.....most of it was a bit of a guess as no one had run this turbo on a 3ltr six cyl anywhere on the globe at that time.

There are other 8374 1.05 powered RB's running ethanol and making bigger numbers than me......but I'm pretty sure I'm boosting earlier.

Yeah, at this stage 470kw is plenty for a road car that sees the track about twice a year :)

Edited by Sub Boy32

Haha thanks CHRIS :P

View very much noted and accepted as gospel as 8374 turbo is epic! Had the joy of going for a run in a car that had 1 strapped to it today ;)

Quite different to your car being 2.6L with V cam and 1.05 rear only running a baby 21psi with Ethanol on an "unfinished tune" (needs more injector) car made + or - in the 400kw zone but f**k me what an impressive turbo! For everything this setup had going against it (being boost limited unfinished tune not enough injectors etc) still impressed the hell out of me!

EFR FTW!

• Like 1

View very much noted and accepted as gospel as 8374 turbo is epic! Had the joy of going for a run in a car that had 1 strapped to it today ;)

Quite different to your car being 2.6L with V cam and 1.05 rear only running a baby 21psi with Ethanol on an "unfinished tune" (needs more injector) car made + or - in the 400kw zone but f**k me what an impressive turbo! For everything this setup had going against it (being boost limited unfinished tune not enough injectors etc) still impressed the hell out of me!

EFR FTW!

Just need Paul's motor and it'll be a whole lot of fun

EFR FTW!

Will be interested to see the results when it's done!

Yeah a bit different to mine, smaller capacity, but V-Cam and 1.05a/r and E85......

Just need Paul's motor and it'll be a whole lot of fun

As discussed this arvo, I think there is so much left in that setup.

- 35 degree day for starters

- the tune

- boost limited to 21 ish psi. A turbo this size wouldn't be out of bed yet

- fuel issues.

Yet it was still very impressive.

Cracking gates in 4th at 3700 rpm is silly for a turbo of this size. You'd expect talk like that with it on a 3.0 or something of the sort.

All this talk make me looking forward to see what a RB26 with 250cams with 83/74 1.05 plumb back will do. we don't have ethanol over here, but I have water/meth. I don't really care for dynoqueen number, i care more about how it will feel/drive :) Hopefully, it will be like I wanted ; responsive as a GT-SS, with power of the -5 :)

When I think about it, i'm thinking maybe I should had gone 0.92 or 7670 with 1.05 for exemple.

All this talk make me looking forward to see what a RB26 with 250cams with 83/74 1.05 plumb back will do. we don't have ethanol over here, but I have water/meth. I don't really care for dynoqueen number, i care more about how it will feel/drive :) Hopefully, it will be like I wanted ; responsive as a GT-SS, with power of the -5 :)

When I think about it, i'm thinking maybe I should had gone 0.92 or 7670 with 1.05 for exemple.

This car was outspooling my dads 2.6L -9 setup by quite a fair whack! Im a response whore and like you not interested in a dyno queen & this car seriously impressed the hell out of me! A 7670 with 1.05 would be as good if not better spool up than the stock turbos IMO ;) Edited by Mick_o

This car was outspooling my dads 2.6L -9 setup by quite a fair whack! Im a response whore and like you not interested in a dyno queen & this car seriously impressed the hell out of me! A 7670 with 1.05 would be as good if not better spool up than the stock turbos IMO ;)

Good to know ! :) Surely the v-cam must be doing some of its magic. We shall see, to my knownledge, I'm the first to try a turbo of this size with tiny cams..

Oke since it was said that the 7670 did not flow enough for my hp goals I made my decision :)

Since my car will be mostly street and occasionally track I think this one will do the job for me.

More power and less hastle with external gates and pipes.

Efr 7670 ewg next to the efr 8374 IWG (twin scroll)

riuhoo.jpg

This one has a sand casting too btw.

• Like 1