SAU Community

Import Monster Sau Nationals 2011

R31Nismoid

I have taken it to PM with one of the members, but if you guys continue to use the name Skyline Nationals, the owner of the incorporated name, and the domain is going to get very upset. You need to refer to this event as SAU nationals, guys, not Skyline Nationals.

• Like 1
  • Nope 6

Basically what Cazz said, they are two distinct events with different names. I would assume that SAU Vic would have registered the "SAU Nationals" name to protect it as well. if they have not, they should! But there is no point in establishing and registering a name to protect it and then not worrying about it if someone goes to use it.

I would like to see both events succeed, but a combined oue would be great too.

so is everyone going to bitch about this and nothing happen OR are we going to actually try to get along without politics getting in the way, work together and make this a decent event or is it simply going to fall in a heap because of a naming issue.

to me I would be putting differences aside then work out a plan for CSA and SAU to join forces and get this going. two heads are better than one

I'm aware that a lot of behind the scenes things are happening to make this event happen and if I'm going to drive 4000 km (qld is 2000km down for those doing the math ) I would want to see a decent event happen.

if you want to get petty on names toss my shop name into google. there is a US version of it that does exactly what I do. do I care - nup!

• Like 1

I didn't realise that I was on the NS forums...I hope this event does in fact succeed. But you are cutting it fine IMO.

I have not (unless I clearly missed it, and the first post by some chance has not been updated) seen any information about accomodation. IE. some sort of deal with a local caravan park, motels etc for cheaper rates for all of the people staying in the area over the weekend. Let's be realistic you don't want a free for all at the last minute.

Also, I hope you have time to book the track and see if Shepp/Wangaratta is even up to host the event considering the floods in that area of late. Their councils may be too busy to deal with the event committee or not see the event as feasable at this time.

You have probably thought along these lines and already actioned things, I have just not seen much in the way of mentioning anything. :)

It's all in the works.

Track is 100% booked, just working with Winton for "extra" features now.

Bulk accommodation is being sorted out (this depends on cost/sponsors etc).

Costs are being done tonight.

Draw-card cars are organised (just don't know how many, more come on board each week).

Website with full info and online signup is being created.

Trophy categories are almost complete/agreed upon.

Legal stuff is being worked on today.

Media is being approached next week.

Then sponsors will be sorted out etc.

SA/NSW are having meetings to discuss their assigned roles over the next week

State reps wil fly to Melb in the near future for a face to face

Believe me, it's all happening, and the above is just all I can think of at the moment, I'm sure there is more.

Once it's ready to announce/launch in its fullest extent, it will be. We are still 8 months out so I'm not concerned just yet.

Yep, still plenty of time on board...and from what I've heard and seen there's plenty being done behind the big curtain. We also have dates up so there's plenty of time for individuals to mark the calendars and get their act together :)

Just to put in 10c worth. I was in Shepparton recently (Last week) and I would not think the flooding there will have any great impact on organising the event. Benalla, no idea as I have not been there in a while but I would make a similar assumption. the real flood affected areas are closer to the Vic-NSW border.

I would assume that SAU Vic would have registered the "SAU Nationals" name to protect it as well. if they have not, they should!

Way ahead of you mate, all the legal has been churning away in the background and a friend of mine well versed in such matters is making sure we are covered... See further below :)

I have taken it to PM with one of the members, but if you guys continue to use the name Skyline Nationals, the owner of the incorporated name, and the domain is going to get very upset. You need to refer to this event as SAU nationals, guys, not Skyline Nationals.

"Skyline Nationals" is not in any way Incorporated in Victoria, let alone Australia. Searching through CAV:

https://online.justice.vic.gov.au/cav/br-search-criteria?mode=iaextr

Use:

"skyline" there is nothing.

"skylines" there is only SAU-Vic & CSA

"nationals" there is nothing of interest there either.

So I cannot see how anyone is going to get upset. Furthermore I am part owner of the following company...

Skyline Nationals PTY LTD, T/A SAU Nationals

ACN 149 096 033

http://www2.search.asic.gov.au/cgi-bin/gns030c?acn=149_096_033&juris=9&hdtext=ACN&srchsrc=1

So essentially - People can have whatever they want in their signatures, cause I said so. Owning a domain means nothing in terms of rights, I am part owner of an actual registered entity.

We now have the means to run the event anywhere in Australia and all of SAU Community/SAU Incorporated Clubs can benefit from this.

Now lets all carry on with getting this event working. I've cleaned the thread of pretty much an entire page of pointlessness

In further news I had meeting with people last night, all is coming along nicely and a lot of stuff is occurring the next 3 weeks.

My thanks goes out to SAU-VIC, SAU-NSW & SAU-SA - All clubs are putting in some great effort and already the results are coming along.

We will have a separate website launched shortly (just for info/online entry forms etc). It's NOT going to have a forum or take anything away form out home here on SAU, it's just easier to separate it as sometimes a thread can get a bit messy and off topic ;)

Just to put in 10c worth. I was in Shepparton recently (Last week) and I would not think the flooding there will have any great impact on organising the event. Benalla, no idea as I have not been there in a while but I would make a similar assumption. the real flood affected areas are closer to the Vic-NSW border.

Yep - 2 of the SAU-Vic Committee members live/spend heaps of time in Shepp...

It's all A-OK from that perspective, lets hope in 8 months though there are no floods! :ph34r:

I'm aware that a lot of behind the scenes things are happening to make this event happen and if I'm going to drive 4000 km (qld is 2000km down for those doing the math ) I would want to see a decent event happen.

I'm going to try my darn well best to make sure EVERYONE coming be that 10km's or 2,000km's - has a ripper event.

I'm even trying to organise a burnout comp, proving difficult, but hey - it'll be fken cool :D

Adding onto this that Winton is undergoing a bit of development this year. There are already new garages, there is more work to come as well, so the grape vine says.

I'm getting pretty excited, so keep the updates coming Ash (and thanks to all those who are helping organise this behemoth of a thing).

edit: I forgot they have also extended the hard run off on some of the ripple strips (they just need a bit of modgrass now rolleyes.gif).

We are running the event through ALL the clubs as a collective. This is a group initiative and it came about from SA wanting to do a track day with us :)

Same as when it goes to NSW or SA etc. Everyone pitches in.

Refer to your PM mate.