SAU Community

Russman's Time Attack Build

Russman

We did the other rear guard yesterday. It went even better than the first. I now have 265/35/18 tyres fitting all round! Hopefully the AO50's that I'll be running later in the year aren't wider than the RE55's...

Awesome stuff. Love the R32's. Great to see you enjoying it on the track and loving it.

Any weight reduction plans?

Not really except the sound deadening has already been removed.

How much u pick up the A050 tyres for?

Haven't bought any yet. I'm expecting around the $550/tyre mark

I like your style of guard mods, overfenders = FAIL.

I don't mind the overfenders but this worked out and was cheaper too.

I remember reading somewhere the 050 were a bit smaller than RE55's mate in 265...

Hope recollection is correct.

Love the car, love the build.

Following it all on FB for a while now, must find time off work for SL 2011 :D

Top stuff mate. Should get you back into the top 10 on the EC track times!!!!!

What is the goal at EC?

Yeah should get me in top 10 again haha.

I would like to go as fast as a 1min 42 but I don't think it will be this year. Maybe 1:44. Realistically it's a whole lot more car than I'm used to and it will take a while for my driving to catch up.

With 330rwk, bigger brakes, lighter car and the 265 A050's, you will go a lot quicker than 44's! Sure, it may take a track day or two but definitely some good times to be had. Should be fun with 330rwk!!!!!

I then added R34 GTT brakes, race seat and pretty much flogged the guts out of it. For a couple of years.

So to make the most out of my RB20 we boosted it to 1.56 bar ~23psi

*face palm for buying this motor*

With 330rwk, bigger brakes, lighter car and the 265 A050's, you will go a lot quicker than 44's! Sure, it may take a track day or two but definitely some good times to be had. Should be fun with 330rwk!!!!!

Will be more like 280-300 as motor is internally standard. E85 could be a possibility in the future for over 300. Not sure yet. Whatever is safe really. Don't want a grenade engine.

*face palm for buying this motor*

That thing will go strong for a lot longer. Compression was good when we pulled it out and had a great tune with very low knock levels.

You election not to go for the 295 Advan Russ?

All that work is a mild waste for a tiny little 265..... :P

295's wouldn't work on the front unless I go for GTR uprights. I'm already running a 10mm spacer for inner clearance. 30mm doesn't seem like much but when you consider that we've already stretched it ~50mm, 30mm is lots more!

When you make 295's fit on yours I'll copy you :P

Oh snap. :nyaanyaa:

Top work on the car Russ, look forward to seeing you out on track later this year!

June 4 Deca is what we're aiming for now. Come up for it.