• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+ Fluids + Driver + Passenger etc etc

and yes they ARE that slow for 6 Cylinder shopping trolleys

Oh, well if you put it that way then it could weigh 2000KG+

Fluids + Driver + 4 Passengers + boot full of bricks, etc, etc. :rolleyes:

BTW 1400KG is the Curb weight, meaning it has a full (or Half) tank of fuel AND all fluids the cars needs to run.

Oh, well if you put it that way then it could weigh 2000KG+

Fluids + Driver + 4 Passengers + boot full of bricks, etc, etc. :rolleyes:

BTW 1400KG is the Curb weight, meaning it has a full (or Half) tank of fuel AND all fluids the cars needs to run.

Every quoted curb weight Ive see for Japanese cars has been way wrong

Eg the quoted curb for a R33 Gtst is 1360kgs....and we all know that isnt right.

You know there's nothing forcing you to post here right?

Yeah, but posting N/A questions elsewhere results in

-Flames

-"SEARCH!"

-Link to the search bar

-"Have you tried searching?"

-"Buy a turbo model!"

While posting in the N/A section results in:

-The occasional useful answer or;

-0 responses (ie. How To Turbo Your N/A thread)

That Was me!

I nearly Had you!

Dont ask where I got a R32 Gtst from

Cause the coppers bought it for me...and I put NAWZ innit

Cause my Supercharged SVT Lighting wasnt fast enough

Every quoted curb weight Ive see for Japanese cars has been way wrong

Eg the quoted curb for a R33 Gtst is 1360kgs....and we all know that isnt right.

a mate of mine had his 33 on the weighbridge at his work, came in at about 1420kg with fuel and a bit of gear in it.

as for NA skylines being slow, yes they are. the missus SSS pulsar will keep up with or beat them (depending on mods). an auto commodore or falcon will give them a run for their money and a manual one will beat them, especially with a few mods, and a manual 3.5L magna will shit all over them, especially a vrx version. a lot of P-platers buy skylines thinking they are fast, then they find out that they aren't some uber special import after a car that they overlooked because they thought they were slow beats them in the traffic light GP.

Hello Grey

Im very sorry to see this community is becoming very intollerant and rude to many people .... it looks like people have just come onto this forum fundly enough named "n/a performance" just to be rude and prove how much better there tubo cars are blah blah blah and give almost 0 useful info.

Minus the fact i dont condone street racing i do own an N/A ... so with ur shinnanigans with your friend i would fundimentaly consider power to weight ...... look at the details between yours and the civic also look at the power that the cars in the same weight verses the civic like lancer mirage exel ect u will find the civic should be up there .... u should go to wisid and have a few go's and if ur around in a couple months i wold be very willing to come out and race u for intrest i just am waiting for some money to get things nice and par with my engine before i consider any of this buissness. i would also look at doing some very small mods witch people with turbos will cary on about "u wont gain much power ect ect" but the things people look over it increases response and breatheability.... so lets say ur 147kw advitised engine is getting to this speed at 10 seconds the same engine with exhaust air intake and a piggy back may have 150 kw for example but changed breathing will get there a little bit quicker and feel alot more fun to drive and will put more space between u and the civic. have a good one man dont let monkeys ruin your bannnas

a mate of mine had his 33 on the weighbridge at his work, came in at about 1420kg with fuel and a bit of gear in it.

as for NA skylines being slow, yes they are. the missus SSS pulsar will keep up with or beat them (depending on mods). an auto commodore or falcon will give them a run for their money and a manual one will beat them, especially with a few mods, and a manual 3.5L magna will shit all over them, especially a vrx version. a lot of P-platers buy skylines thinking they are fast, then they find out that they aren't some uber special import after a car that they overlooked because they thought they were slow beats them in the traffic light GP.

I'd still take my overweight shopping trolley over any of those though.

Hello Grey

Im very sorry to see this community is becoming very intollerant and rude to many people .... it looks like people have just come onto this forum fundly enough named "n/a performance" just to be rude and prove how much better there tubo cars are blah blah blah and give almost 0 useful info.

Minus the fact i dont condone street racing i do own an N/A ... so with ur shinnanigans with your friend i would fundimentaly consider power to weight ...... look at the details between yours and the civic also look at the power that the cars in the same weight verses the civic like lancer mirage exel ect u will find the civic should be up there .... u should go to wisid and have a few go's and if ur around in a couple months i wold be very willing to come out and race u for intrest i just am waiting for some money to get things nice and par with my engine before i consider any of this buissness. i would also look at doing some very small mods witch people with turbos will cary on about "u wont gain much power ect ect" but the things people look over it increases response and breatheability.... so lets say ur 147kw advitised engine is getting to this speed at 10 seconds the same engine with exhaust air intake and a piggy back may have 150 kw for example but changed breathing will get there a little bit quicker and feel alot more fun to drive and will put more space between u and the civic. have a good one man dont let monkeys ruin your bannnas

Its the fact that he was being a dick on the street, that we are being twats about it.

If he said he was at the drag strip, we wouldve been much more helpful

But no instead he thought he was cool...and wondered why his big car with a small engine was nearly beaten by a civic.

Its the fact that he was being a dick on the street, that we are being twats about it.

If he said he was at the drag strip, we wouldve been much more helpful

But no instead he thought he was cool...and wondered why his big car with a small engine was nearly beaten by a civic.

no it isn't that. it is the fact that he thought he was in a fast car when it is reasonably common knowledge that they are nothing special, and a lot of us are sick of reading threads that go along the lines of:

"i was in my uber fast stock natro skyline when a stock hunk of crap family taxi pulled up beside me at the lights. i thought i'd show them how uber fast a natro skyline is and how crap their car is so i floored it when the light went green. somehow they managed to use some sort of black magic or somehow managed to bend the laws of physics because they managed to beat me. surely this can't be right. did they use magic or should i go kill myself for bringing shame upon my family and upon all skyline owners?"