SAU Community

Na Drag Race

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget about the price tag.

Ain't about the HAH cha ching cha ching.

Ain't about the YEAH ba bling ba bling.

Wanna make the world dance.

Forget about the price tag.

Hi guys before you start telling me off about how illegal and dangerous and bad it is to do so, I'm just asking for some opinions and thoughts about my question, not the ethics behind it, thanks.

So tonight, I dragged my manual stock 99' R34 coupe against my mate's stock 97' ej8 Honda civic and barely beat him. He's running a 1.6L single cam engine, while I have a 2.5L twin cam rb25de....what amazes me is that he kept up and I just barely won at about 120km/h. Then he kept telling me how he didn't get a good start, here's how I started off the line. Revved to 4k RPM, as soon as the light went green I dumped the clutch and floored the gas changing gears as fast as I could at around 7000 rpm. My tires lost traction after about 10metres and I had to adjust my steering wheel left and right to keep the car straight. I could see him in my peripheral vision and in the end I beat him. Now are NA skylines really that slow that they can't even match a puny car like an old civic? I can't imagine what a drag against an integra type R or even an S would be like, totally smoking an NA skyline, how embarrassing.

In the car I also had my mate who weighed 80kG if that makes a difference?

Are NA skylines really that much of a heavy slow car that eats fuel and is shit at drags?

How would my car compare to other N/A cars in stock if it were identically skilled drivers?

Any thoughts please?

Thanks.

You're doing it wrong.

> Hey nafags

> Today i f**ked this ricer piece of shit civic in a race... f**king burner bro... full thought he was king shit with vtec

> f**ked him up mate

> anyways my cars f**king slow whys that?

either that or just don't mention it was a street race?

"So we were at the drags and we did *blah*"

Do you REALLY think anyones going to know any different?

I know people who "go to the drags" every weekend for three years, yet they've been to wsid once or twice.

inb4 p-plate hoon; I just think the guys an idiot for openly admitting to breaking the law on a public forum.

'93 stock NA Supra will do 0-100 anywhere between 6.2 (independently tested) and 6.7secs (factory claimed) according to various sources. nyaanyaa.gif

Yeah cool. We did this for lols. My mates na supra vs another mates normal 3.5 litre 2002 magna ( not a vrx or a ralliart). Magna shat all over it.

Yeah cool. We did this for lols. My mates na supra vs another mates normal 3.5 litre 2002 magna ( not a vrx or a ralliart). Magna shat all over it.

Too many variables. Were both auto, modded, did they both launch, were they good launches, good shifts, good/bad tyres, did the Supra single peg, blah blah.

I've witnessed this exact line up too and the Supra shat all over the Magna. They're both very similar in speed (slow) and it really comes down to mods/driver skill.

For the record, Ralliart Magna's are slower than the "normal" ones, and VRX is pretty much a luxury version with no performance upgrades.

Too many variables. Were both auto, modded, did they both launch, were they good launches, good shifts, good/bad tyres, did the Supra single peg, blah blah.

I've witnessed this exact line up too and the Supra shat all over the Magna. They're both very similar in speed (slow) and it really comes down to mods/driver skill.

For the record, Ralliart Magna's are slower than the "normal" ones, and VRX is pretty much a luxury version with no performance upgrades.

you might want to do some more research on them. vr-x had between 8 and 20kw more power than the executive (vr-x was 163kw, executive was 143kw in the TH and early TJ models, 155kw in the series 2 TJ models and later), and the ralli-art had 180kw. they are both a touch faster than the executive models. fastest "mildly moded" NA magna in QLD runs about 14.4 1/4 mile. there are faster NA and force fed ones, but they have more mods than simple exhaust, etc.

Actually 350GT's aren't legal I believe.

250GT (2.5L) and 300GT (3.0L) are fine; but not so for the 3.5L.

How would XR6's be legal then? :mellow:

you might want to do some more research on them. vr-x had between 8 and 20kw more power than the executive (vr-x was 163kw, executive was 143kw in the TH and early TJ models, 155kw in the series 2 TJ models and later), and the ralli-art had 180kw. they are both a touch faster than the executive models. fastest "mildly moded" NA magna in QLD runs about 14.4 1/4 mile. there are faster NA and force fed ones, but they have more mods than simple exhaust, etc.

You're right the VRX does have slightly more power, but the Ralliart is still slower, according to ultra reliable source that Wikipedia is. They claim the whilst it handled infinitely better the added weight of the AWD system slowed it down despite the additional power.

Oh really, so p players can't have imports? Sucks to be you guys lol

We have one of the more easier P-plate systems, doesn't even have P-plate Car restriction, the only other state more easier than us is TAS I think...