SAU Community

Na Drag Race

no it isn't that. it is the fact that he thought he was in a fast car when it is reasonably common knowledge that they are nothing special, and a lot of us are sick of reading threads that go along the lines of:

"i was in my uber fast stock natro skyline when a stock hunk of crap family taxi pulled up beside me at the lights. i thought i'd show them how uber fast a natro skyline is and how crap their car is so i floored it when the light went green. somehow they managed to use some sort of black magic or somehow managed to bend the laws of physics because they managed to beat me. surely this can't be right. did they use magic or should i go kill myself for bringing shame upon my family and upon all skyline owners?"

LOL yeah that too

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol ok yeah tru he shouldnt be a sily bugger on the street but .... why do u attack his car rather than his personal choise .... is this not Skylines australia not turbo skylines australia im kinda new to this hole SAU thing and im only here to help people and people to help me irrelevent of power or aspiration of their car everyones got there thing ?

Go through the threads in here, you will see that both Myself and Marc help out a lot in here...but we then end up tearing our hair out because no one listens when we say a car back and a pod filter WILL NOT give you another 50hp.

Or when people say they want to build a super powerful NA RB20 and we say that they could spend 20K on the motor alone and it would still be slower than a Stock R32 GTST etc

Go through the threads in here, you will see that both Myself and Marc help out a lot in here...but we then end up tearing our hair out because no one listens when we say a car back and a pod filter WILL NOT give you another 50hp.

Or when people say they want to build a super powerful NA RB20 and we say that they could spend 20K on the motor alone and it would still be slower than a Stock R32 GTST etc

It would sound gorgeous.

Fair enough ... i suppose its hard for some people without the proper knoledge to understand why a pod and cat back dont give them 1000 kw xtra at the wheels lol .... i suppose there is only a sertain ammount of times u can tell someone something haha

we need a thred of more technical things to do with modification ..... such as an explaination of why its better but doesnt give u so much more power lol ill see if i can get one going... ?

Hello Grey

Im very sorry to see this community is becoming very intollerant and rude to many people .... it looks like people have just come onto this forum fundly enough named "n/a performance" just to be rude and prove how much better there tubo cars are blah blah blah and give almost 0 useful info.

Minus the fact i dont condone street racing i do own an N/A ... so with ur shinnanigans with your friend i would fundimentaly consider power to weight ...... look at the details between yours and the civic also look at the power that the cars in the same weight verses the civic like lancer mirage exel ect u will find the civic should be up there .... u should go to wisid and have a few go's and if ur around in a couple months i wold be very willing to come out and race u for intrest i just am waiting for some money to get things nice and par with my engine before i consider any of this buissness. i would also look at doing some very small mods witch people with turbos will cary on about "u wont gain much power ect ect" but the things people look over it increases response and breatheability.... so lets say ur 147kw advitised engine is getting to this speed at 10 seconds the same engine with exhaust air intake and a piggy back may have 150 kw for example but changed breathing will get there a little bit quicker and feel alot more fun to drive and will put more space between u and the civic. have a good one man dont let monkeys ruin your bannnas

yeah thanks for that [=

i've read somewhere that it doesn't matter if theres less power to weight ratio a six cylinder will beat a 4-cylinder (n/a r34 vs silvia thread), plus i live in melbourne so i probably can't go to wsid...

and i know what u mean the small mods just help get a better feel for the car when driving it

Its the fact that he was being a dick on the street, that we are being twats about it.

If he said he was at the drag strip, we wouldve been much more helpful

But no instead he thought he was cool...and wondered why his big car with a small engine was nearly beaten by a civic.

no i did not say or intend for that, i'm just amazed that the civic kept up with what is hyped up to be a skyline which i thought would be of heavy weight (no pun intended) compared to other NA cars in it's league

no it isn't that. it is the fact that he thought he was in a fast car when it is reasonably common knowledge that they are nothing special, and a lot of us are sick of reading threads that go along the lines of:

"i was in my uber fast stock natro skyline when a stock hunk of crap family taxi pulled up beside me at the lights. i thought i'd show them how uber fast a natro skyline is and how crap their car is so i floored it when the light went green. somehow they managed to use some sort of black magic or somehow managed to bend the laws of physics because they managed to beat me. surely this can't be right. did they use magic or should i go kill myself for bringing shame upon my family and upon all skyline owners?"

lol

lol ok yeah tru he shouldnt be a sily bugger on the street but .... why do u attack his car rather than his personal choise .... is this not Skylines australia not turbo skylines australia im kinda new to this hole SAU thing and im only here to help people and people to help me irrelevent of power or aspiration of their car everyones got there thing ?

i'm a responsible driver, others just fly past me on a 60 road and i'm like, "calm down buddy far out...." (99% of the time)

PLUS -> i've never ever got a fine, speeding ticket, parking ticket, red camera or any road related offence in my almost 2 years of driving, that's how responsible i am...

Its more down to the NA RB giving nearly all it can in Standard form.

They are no understressed big cube bent 8 where its easy to make big gains easily.

It appears that Nissan Gave no shit about the NA Twin cam RBs, why would they spend the money delveloping the head etc when they already have Turbo versions

Without major port re-shaping and trialing 11ty different cam profles there are no real big gains to be had.

I think the best ive seen was ~150rwkws from an NA RB25/30

which is about what a dead standard RB25DET produces

I remember when I first got my R34 (auto) and thought it was the shit, I took it out to willowbank and was severely disappointed at how slow it actually was...

It was well over half a second slower than my vn commodore... (both cars were standard)

exactly.

Fair enough ... i suppose its hard for some people without the proper knoledge to understand why a pod and cat back dont give them 1000 kw xtra at the wheels lol .... i suppose there is only a sertain ammount of times u can tell someone something haha

we need a thred of more technical things to do with modification ..... such as an explaination of why its better but doesnt give u so much more power lol ill see if i can get one going... ?

that is a valid point, but if people don't know and want to learn then they should ask the deeper questions to increase their knowledge rather than skip a few steps ahead and ask the best way to make 2 + 2 = 14.

as for this thread in particular, well yes everyone has their own tastes and buy cars for different reasons, but you have to admit that a lot of P platers put performance pretty high on their list of things they consider when looking at cars. in the case of natro skylines the percieved performance in the eyes of potential skyline owners is usually much greater than the actual performance of the cars, and the percieved performance of rival cars is lower than what it actually is. if they did research they would find that while the natro skyline is a decent car, there are also plenty of other decent cars out there too, and if they want something to win the traffic light GP they should look elsewhere.

Might as well keep going, being that im home alone and bored.

To get a RB25DE to lets say 150rwks (a bit over 200rwhp in the old money) then engine will need to make around 180kws at the flywheel (a bit under 250hp) the Engine will have to Produce 100hp per litre, which is asking a lot from a production engine with factory heads

To put in perspective if using a V8 (whether it be a 302/308/428 etc), to get 100hp/L you would need aftermarket alloy heads, a big angry cam, well designed headers etc

The stock RB25DE does 80hp/L which is pretty good for a factory motor, When Honda's Highly strung Type R motors do only a tiny bit over 100hp/L and they need to rev to 9000rpm to do it.

So I hope this clears a few things up for people.

yeah thanks for that [=

i've read somewhere that it doesn't matter if theres less power to weight ratio a six cylinder will beat a 4-cylinder (n/a r34 vs silvia thread), plus i live in melbourne so i probably can't go to wsid...

and i know what u mean the small mods just help get a better feel for the car when driving it

no i did not say or intend for that, i'm just amazed that the civic kept up with what is hyped up to be a skyline which i thought would be of heavy weight (no pun intended) compared to other NA cars in it's league

lol

i'm a responsible driver, others just fly past me on a 60 road and i'm like, "calm down buddy far out...." (99% of the time)

PLUS -> i've never ever got a fine, speeding ticket, parking ticket, red camera or any road related offence in my almost 2 years of driving, that's how responsible i am...

power to weight ratio counts a lot towards performance, but it depends on where the power is situated. if the power is all up top and not much down low then it won't be that quick. prime example is the 140kw corollas. performance wise they aren't really any faster than a 105kw pulsar because of where in the rev range the power lies, despite being similar in weight, etc.

you also made a good point with the "hpye" around skylines. most of this is hype by association rather than being based off the actual performance of the natro. there are plenty of other cars with minimal hype that are noticably faster (all the regulars in here will know where i'm heading with this, so they can feel free to skip ahead, lol). i had a 3.5L manual magna. took it to willowbank. with just a cat back exhaust it ran a 14.8, which puts it on par with stock turbo skylines.

i had a 3.5L manual magna. took it to willowbank. with just a cat back exhaust it ran a 14.8, which puts it on par with stock turbo skylines.

Under-rated family cars are great

There is nothing funnier than pulling away from a stockish turbo R32/R33/S14/S15/Soarer etc in my BF XR6, one of the most common family cars on the road

+1 to under-rated cars.

It's not too hard for an n/a motor to develop 100hp/litre imho, BUT it has to be engineered to do so from factory - there are quite a few jap cars with 100hp/litre from factory and aren't too expensive. To modify a motor yourself to do 100hp/litre would be quite a feat, expensive and lots of trial and error though e.g. an n/a rb motor.

If we look at really high strung n/a motors, we can quickly see that they manage to achieve a fair bit over 100hp/litre (E.g. honda s2k).

However these hi-po strung motors are quite hard to make perform well in drag etc due to the lack of torque (remembering they rely on revs) and as such, are super fussy on launch, shift-points etc whereas something with a fat torque curve and be nice and lazy such as the xr6 mentioned above.

Lol @ magna and SSS plug :P

Honestly, OP.. if you wanna win traffic light gp, you bought the wrong car. Should've just got an n/a supra or something...one of the fastest p plate legal cars atm.

From experience NA Skylines can beat VZ executives and keep up with BMW 330i's (convertible). As for these high end Hondas, don't even think about it lol.

From experience VZ Commodores are slow and BMW 330i's aren't anything special either. Try against a AE92 with a 20v blacktop 4AGE, you'd regret the day you doubted the power of the all mighty corolla :P

From experience VZ Commodores are slow and BMW 330i's aren't anything special either. Try against a AE92 with a 20v blacktop 4AGE, you'd regret the day you doubted the power of the all mighty corolla :P

Don't the VZ Commos have the 3.8L engine? The BMW 330i for sure has 170kW from factory.

4AGE black top? Is this the 100kW one? Anything in the 1000kg chassis is deadly, but I wouldn't imagine them to be lightning fast.

Don't the VZ Commos have the 3.8L engine? The BMW 330i for sure has 170kW from factory.

4AGE black top? Is this the 100kW one? Anything in the 1000kg chassis is deadly, but I wouldn't imagine them to be lightning fast.

20v blacktop 120kw, 6spd box and just over 1000kg :D I didn't think it was that fast either, soon changed my mind when i saw how it ran.

I have a r32 with a 25neo in it

pod filter and a exhaust. It came with them.

I love racing trucks as thats about all it can handle. It looks like it does a million miles an hour and eveyr one tries to race it.

I just take off slow like I didnt want to race, its more the point I couldnt hahahaha

Fixed the issue the rb26/30 goes in next month