SAU Community

Pnm35 Build Thread

PN-Mad

Well, I drilled holes in one of the manifolds last night; so it may never run again...

Hope everything went smoothly today, and that Craig didn't have a protein shake for brekky; too much powaaaahhhh!

Finished for today. We're both stuffed.Manifolds on, crossover pipe , heat shield on. Turbo on and tight. Intake on. O2 sensors on and heat proofing in lots of places. Oil and water feeds to turbo done, have to do returns. Need to fabricate turbo outlet piping, and exhaust from where the gate goes in needs to be extended. I'll post some pics tomorrow when I'm not exhausted!

Big thanks to Craig for putting in the lions share of work, and Dale for fixing up a boo boo last night, even at a BBQ! Both legends, and can't thank you guys enough. cheers.gif

On a note, never put your hand up to change v35/350z headers, not in a million years!

When attempting difficult jobs, its important to be precise and organised....

6661998321_8f5a00e1b4.jpg

6662005899_f2b72a7caa.jpg

Trial fit

6662011939_57b2899850.jpg

Is it getting heavy yet? I'll just take moar pics....

6662017203_8c93b1982b.jpg

The Manifold- couldn't fit a fart up there its so tight...

6662022045_f2c9b5476e.jpg

Ready for a manifold on the drivers side- Except this one has a bit of Daleo Magic in it!

6662027853_fb95125f05.jpg

6662034237_c6964508ce.jpg

Craigs fav. work-zone: Turbo, gate, washers and beercheers.gif

6662040867_a693b0366c.jpg

Looking a bit bare...

6662047943_68e9b7381a.jpg

What turbo officer...?

6662054531_43cfa868d0.jpg

That ends it for now.

you didnt drop the engine to install the manifolds???

nup......I have cuts and abrasions to prove it!

IMO theres about 5 hours of work left.....tops!

not including the 2 bits of custom stuff that needs doing

Edited by Jetwreck

lolz.........we not only have 1 hoist.....we have 2 at Stagea Garage! nyaanyaa.gif

Bah! Weak!!

Or perhaps I am a touch jealous of not having to lie under the car holding the exhaust in one hand whilst doing up nuts with the other....

Scott removes NM35 turbo's without a hoist or removing the engine quite often.

You won't be able to remove the turbo and manifold as one. The turbo will need to come out, then the manifold

Edited by iamhe77

Does that mean then you could remover the turbo from an NM35 without engine out? Is it possible if its turbo and manifold in one?

yes it does....every turbo I have done has been with the motor in the car. However I did my turbo while the motor was out and it was so much easier.......I am actually going to trial just removing the Crossmember this weekend coming on a NM35......his got the same turbo as me so it's a little more fiddly so I probably wont get it done is 2 hours like Scott can apparently do!....I estimate about 10 hours!