SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

I've just moved to a Lenovo X1 Carbon, 1.3kg of awesomeness,

sure it not a grunty machine, but for what I need it for works a treat and so light when on the road.

Possibly the most hipster thing I've ever had the displeasure of skimming through.

Referring to Glen Iris as a leafy suburb wtf

Micro herbs and paleo pancakes, go fk yourself

nah bro, ignore the paleo stuff. (had to look up what paleo was... sounds like polio)

anything with chorizo or hash browns. maybe some of the stuff with buttermilk

melbourne-best-breakfast-you-may-not-hav

also, whats with all those STI liberty owners going on about there only being 300 available? theres like 3-4 pages of them on carsales. 300 in Aus is surprisingly not that rare. alacantra seats would be lucky to last 100,000kms.

I don't know shit about processors etc but the both are quad core i7... Asus is i7-4710HQ, Dell is i7-4712HQ - guessing 12 is better than 10..?

Actually the opposite...

The 4710HQ has a faster clock speed than the 4712HQ (6% faster)

The 4710HQ also uses more power (20% more)

http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/1/Intel_Core_i7_Mobile_i7-4710HQ_vs_Intel_Core_i7_Mobile_i7-4712HQ.html

Edit: As it's in a laptop, aim for the more efficient cpu with less power consumption (the 4712HQ in the Dell)

A desktop doesn't really suit my situation though... hence the desire to purchase another laptop

buy a 15" that's got a gtx video card and 1080p, spec it with a butt load of RAMs and SSD, and buy a docking station and a nice big monitor, keyboard n mouse.

Yeah docking stations are the bomb, only problem is you are limited and have to buy a laptop with the 'docking port' under it. (Dell latitudes etc) would be awesome for a home desktop/laptop solution though.

Like this, then chuck a Dell monitor on, attach a keyboard and mouse to dock, done.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=330-0874

I agree I wouldn't go over 15" or be a pain in the ass to move around

Edited by UNR33L

Forgetting all of this docking business as it's highly unlikely I'll ever do it... Which of the dell/Asus I posted before would you buy? Exact same price with slightly differing specs..

Or any other options around that price?

And pretty sure my current one is 17" and I can't say I've ever had trouble moving it around.. Harden up kunce

I wouldn't go that dell, 4k screens on a laptop just look stupid at native res and you have to use the shitty windows scaling.. which looks sheit. aka, icons for ants.

I'd go one of the MSIs linked above > Asus > Dell

Edited by UNR33L