SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

I'm going to go to Bali three times as much now just to piss off the bleeding hearts boycotting it

I could go 100 times more..number will be same.

never wanted to go b4, never plan to go now.

get a ralliart version and use the money saved to mod the f**k out of it

Don't - Get the Evo. Having driven both, you'd make that choice 10/10 times.

One is a dressed up lancer, the other is an Evo. I realise this sounds stupid but it's the most succinct way to say it.

Plus the leather recaros in the Evo X make the interior great.

Don't - Get the Evo. Having driven both, you'd make that choice 10/10 times.

One is a dressed up lancer, the other is an Evo. I realise this sounds stupid but it's the most succinct way to say it.

Plus the leather recaros in the Evo X make the interior great.

have heard this from others

I don't mind the Evo X interior.Yup sat in the both cars before purchase. Evo X seats are what make the interior, very comfortable. Also the inbuilt GPS/Radio/Mp3 and Xenon lights you may miss out on?

Go Evo 9 and earlier for aesthetics and a more 'raw' car. Evo X if you want a fast/comfy daily.

Wifey went from a 40kw Barina straight into the 300kw Evo X and she has not issues driving it everyday.

I just remember the ralliart motor winning awards and apparently being a good platform for mods. Never been in one though

It is.. its the same drivetrain as the evo, it has the same AWD system

It seems logical to mod, and get more punch per dollar

its logical as

but having driven both cars... they are just... 'different'. I was skeptical too, I don't own either car but know someone who had a ralliart and then went to the evo. I called BS on him saying this as well till I drove it and I agreed within about five seconds of driving the evo.

The ralliart just feels like a knockoff. It's hard to quantify, and you wouldn't think something that is so hard to quantify is worth $10,000 or whatever the difference is.. but it is.

I'd wager its probably similar to say a M3 vs a 335i style of thing. (never driven those though)

It is.. its the same drivetrain as the evo, it has the same AWD system

It seems logical to mod, and get more punch per dollar

its logical as

but having driven both cars... they are just... 'different'. I was skeptical too, I don't own either car but know someone who had a ralliart and then went to the evo. I called BS on him saying this as well till I drove it and I agreed within about five seconds of driving the evo.

The ralliart just feels like a knockoff. It's hard to quantify, and you wouldn't think something that is so hard to quantify is worth $10,000 or whatever the difference is.. but it is.

I'd wager its probably similar to say a M3 vs a 335i style of thing. (never driven those though)

Did you drive a manual or SST Greg?

For some reason I was quite disapointed with the performance of a stock manual but was impressed by the SST

Toby what mods has yours got to reach 300kw?

Agree on the seats being really good.. but the rest of the interior seems to be downgrade even from my Ford IMO. Rexxy interior is way better but I think the evo better 'driving' car from what I've read anyway. Aren't they scrapping the evo X this year? any news on evo XI?

Edited by UNR33L

Did you drive a manual or SST Greg?

For some reason I was quite disapointed with the performance of a stock manual but was impressed by the SST

I tried SST on both cars. Both had same power (stock turbo, tuned to about 220awkw) and Ohlin's aftermarket coils.

I did find the SST to be slowish, even on its fastest setup, but I'm a dickhead who spent more on my R34 auto than most people spend on their engine. I was envious of the 6speed and could understand why someone would go the SST over a manual given how short the gears are.

Or at least how short they seemed to me, dat 4 speed life.

But I really liked the evo, punching out of roundabouts on WOT in 1st with the front pulling you out, then shifting into 2nd, and then 3rd to 100 in quick succession was really quite addictive.

Evo X is just.. its a good thing... you can use all its 'good points' on the street. Different to a 400rwkw skyline where you can't utilize its strengths at uh, legal scenarios so well.

it cheeses me when manufacturers play with the gearbox ratios to get the quickest 0-100km/h times, and then lengthen the final gears for cruising.

similar to top gear shaming cars for being too bumpy on normal roads, but take pride in being the quickest round the track. you're really not supposed to be encouraging car makers to use more and more complicated and unreliable systems to tick as many boxes as possible, make warranties harder to claim due to repair costs and also ruin aftermarket support due to complexity and cost.

rant for the day.

3 tip hektik angled zorst looks silly on Y33, will look worse on 34. That cars taunting me with those stupid window visors I can't get rid of because nobody in Aus has a damn Y33 > :(

There is a guy in WA that has one that could be keen, think he was on ausvip forums iirc

Just a tune and exhaust. 225awkw on the dyno

Stock is about 160-170awkw i think?

they have a touch more power than the 7/8/9 but they are a bit more weighty

In saying that though nice looking cars, I was like Hamish and was a fan originally but they have grown on me

But would still prefer a nose chopped 8