SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

http://www.theage.com.au/small-business/managing/the-venture/the-one-great-hipster-lesson-20150429-1mu9y2.html

lol @

"Ever notice how the best hipsters buy a run-down service business, quickly build it up, and sell it to an aspiring café owner, often foreign, who destroys it in a blink. The cafes goes from uber cool to daggy as the new owner misreads the market and the previous owner."

I love driving my 7, just wish the previous owner had taken better care of it...

Interior is very sparse, some parts of it look plasticy and cheap, but when you get up close it's actually decent construction. The Climate Controls really make it look a lot more base-model than it is.

Torque when you put your foot down at 2000rpm in 4th is great compared to the skyline. Obviously it comes onto boost a lot faster, but you don't actually get to enjoy the turbo properly until you're in 3rd because of the short gears...

I'm running 255's all round, so grip is good even with the nangkangs on it atm... When it does wanna get loose on a corner, it feels really weird, but never really gets out of control... Still able to 4 wheel slide in the wet if I dump 2nd out of a corner... Last dyno figures were 175@awkw but they were from years ago so its probably a bit less now. Considering dropping it into RTR for a touch up tune and general health check.

hey... it was the previous previous owner... I didn't do anything to that car :P

Kittens is a brothel and licensed as such, but cleverly masqueraded as a strip club with less limitations on client interaction than other strip clubs

= all the legal allowances of a brothel but maintaining clientele perception that they are a strip club, allowing clientele to feel better about not going to a brothel / to blur the lines for themselves without feeling they crossed one.

Have heard many nitwits say they love Kittens but would never go to a brothel. Just go to a brothel and do the same things you do at Kittens lol

http://www.theage.com.au/small-business/managing/the-venture/the-one-great-hipster-lesson-20150429-1mu9y2.html

lol @

"Ever notice how the best hipsters buy a run-down service business, quickly build it up, and sell it to an aspiring café owner, often foreign, who destroys it in a blink. The cafes goes from uber cool to daggy as the new owner misreads the market and the previous owner."

Misreads the market / gives no farks because visa

Kittens is a brothel and licensed as such, but cleverly masqueraded as a strip club with less limitations on client interaction than other strip clubs

= all the legal allowances of a brothel but maintaining clientele perception that they are a strip club, allowing clientele to feel better about not going to a brothel / to blur the lines for themselves without feeling they crossed one.

Have heard many nitwits say they love Kittens but would never go to a brothel. Just go to a brothel and do the same things you do at Kittens lol

can you back that up with proof.

I've heard the same thing but believe it to untrue.

as as far as I am aware no Licensed brothel is allowed to sell alcohol which they do.

I also thought there was limits to number of girls working in a brothel and they would be significantly over that number.

happy to be proven wrong, but think this one is just a urban rumor.

What's wrong with that? You get a gearset that's good around town, competent for a lot of motorsports but isn't screaming it's head of at 4500rpm for 2 hours straight on the highway. Have been tossing up doing a similar sort of box for the RS. ALL of my gearing is stupid tall so it almost always feels like the wrong gear. STi boxes are super short everywhere which considering half my driving is highway is impractical. Late model stuff to run double cone synchros for those not so agricultural feels, nice tight 1-4 set then tallest 5th I can find. Perfect all rounder.

you'd love the pulsar gearset then. straight-cut 1st-5th. 1st-4th close ratio, then 5th long as fark. 200+kw isnt enough to get it chugging. its the only thing i would change about the drivetrain. the rest is mint.

will give passenger sessions when its on the road.

you forgot the bit where entrepreneurs buy it back a struggling business for stuff-all then rinse and repeat.

can you back that up with proof.

I've heard the same thing but believe it to untrue.

as as far as I am aware no Licensed brothel is allowed to sell alcohol which they do.

I also thought there was limits to number of girls working in a brothel and they would be significantly over that number.

happy to be proven wrong, but think this one is just a urban rumor.

Ill have to ask at my next client meeting :ph34r:

a quick look on consumer affirs website re requirement of a brothel (from my table not on this pc..)

it says that all advertising has to list their SWA number (which the kittens site does not)

and that there can be no alchohol on premises.

so I'm going to go with no it is not a brothel lisence.

I also seem to remember a few years back that ??Daily planet?? was looking to open a strip joint next door and got knocked back as they could not be attached?

this is a very vauge memory so prob missing some big facts here