SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

I went riding in Bali with the mrs she always went on about how she wanted to buy a bike etc. even before she met me.

Needless to say now she isn't so keen after trying it.

I got to see some pretty cool shit

Edited by UNR33L

Few mates wanted to do a Vietnam Top Gear style Road Trip... They all ride road bikes... I don't and have said I never will, too risky...

Almost got convinced to do it, would have needed to get my Licence here and get onto my P's before I could legally ride over there on the roads... Na, stuff that, I value my life... It feels safer doing 200+km/h at a racetrack than it is seeing a motorbike rider almost get taken out by someone merging, every time I drive to work.

I went riding in Bali with the mrs she always went on about how she wanted to buy a bike etc. even before she met me.

Needless to say now she isn't so keen after trying it.

I got to see some pretty cool shit

ah the joys of hiring a bike/scooter in SE asia.....only to find your travel insurance did not cover it!

forgot to mention we hired some dirt bikes, screw riding on those roads over there!

Living in Europe for a year or two makes more sense than travelling there IMO

What if you're trying to build a career, hard throwing away like 2 years of learning and development I reckon

• Like 1

I learned to ride a dirtbike in Vietnam.

No prior experience ever.

Obviously broke it.

Can confirm pants shat when unexpected mono!

Last time i was over there for a few weeks I saw 4-5 deaths on the roads from cars going into bikes

Not sure if I would want to try it, since there really is no traffic rules over there :/

What if you're trying to build a career, hard throwing away like 2 years of learning and development I reckon

Valid point

And so many who do go on extended holidays have little/no career or the kind of job you can easily be away from for a few months

It's tough to do both

this.

i dont have the urge travel like others do though. money better spent elsewhere, like seeing shit in australia (though you can save that for later in life like most)

• Like 1

Not cheap but well worth it

You'll wonder why you ever went to Bali

Yeah I went all over the U.S last year, would of been about ~10k shits on Bali but then again so does the price

I did Bali NZ and Malaysia for less than my U.S trip

Deffs gonna do Europe next, did you do any contiki type shiz or nah?

Edited by UNR33L

Valid point

And so many who do go on extended holidays have little/no career or the kind of job you can easily be away from for a few months

It's tough to do both

Yeah one of my good friends from high school is coming back after 2 years.. assuming she'll just go back into like a reception / good looker job

Whereas one of my guy mates did it (with some what of a career back home) came back only to be job hunting for f*kn AGES

Edited by UNR33L