SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

wanna know what the careers computer findmatron came up with for me?

jockey

srsly

Of the disc variety?

Son I am disappoint...was scrolling for systems analyst

all my teachers were horrified when I said I didnt want to go to uni.

(I also wanted to join the army at that stage, but luckily for me it didnt work out).

school -> uni -> "job" -> house -> white picket fence -> retire

that mentality could go EAD for me in high school. would have rather run away to eastern europe and sell hotdogs.

Also, Birds: look up Respawn LAN. went to my first LAN the other month. met some nice people. some textbook nerds and some were that new breed of nerd with gym membership and a hairdresser. CS is still the rage.

(I also wanted to join the army at that stage, but luckily for me it didnt work out).

that mentality could go EAD for me in high school. would have rather run away to eastern europe and sell hotdogs.

Also, Birds: look up Respawn LAN. went to my first LAN the other month. met some nice people. some textbook nerds and some were that new breed of nerd with gym membership and a hairdresser. CS is still the rage.

I still play cs online. Sadly a lot shiter now than my l33t days

Re: Respawn lan, went to a couple of them years ago back when internet speed and data allowance was low so you'd 'leech' f**k loads of shared files HD movies etc and pretty much go just for that + some gaming. Dont see the point these days with how good internet is now.

I suspect the buff guys you saw at the recent one were my mates that went and hardcore into gym lol they came 2nd in the dota comp and won $250 each or some shit

Edited by UNR33L

Back when a console game meant Tomb Raider and the only way to play a decent shooter was on a PC, is when you were hailed a geek or nerd

Then came halo and the cod series and see ya later, no recognition for being an OG shooter gamer though

We fought the wars that won't be remembered

• Like 1

Nah but if we wait long enough it will! Where ya been?

Just holidays and work nothing major.

Just losing interest in cars sorta.

But car is back on the road so reigniting my interest

Used to go to LANs back in the shafted days...Was one of the few gym/gamer kunce...

Had to be massive to carry my 16kg (empty weight) steel thermaltake case to and from every LAN

Never saw the point to event style LAN with complete strangers, unless you were chasing zero lag. It had it's place with dial up but as Leigh says, now you can get pretty close to 0 latency wih broadband.

Only LANs I've ever done were at houses or in garages. Or Internet cafés like Coolyah at Box Hill if you consider that LAN.

Skipping sport to take a bus there for a precious couple of hours, now I admit that was geeky...but best memories.

yeah I had motorbikes and guns growing up..

plus some modified 2 tonne trucks to race and ram each other in a 100 acre paddock.

games seemed boring.

Just holidays and work nothing major.

Just losing interest in cars sorta.

But car is back on the road so reigniting my interest

Getting older brah that's what happens. That's why I try get balance between a ok performance and a luxury car for everyday use

Getting older brah that's what happens. That's why I try get balance between a ok performance and a luxury car for everyday use

Yup

I changed the aftermarket muffler on the Evo X to stock to quieten it down

Getting old :wacko:

I suspect the buff guys you saw at the recent one were my mates that went and hardcore into gym lol they came 2nd in the dota comp and won $250 each or some shit

haha yep, was sitting on table opposite them. they were getting pretty vocal. but i dont get the appeal of dota or any moba's so everyone seemed strange to me.

i enjoyed the weekend for the most part, defs dragging friends along next time. people around me were friendly enough, one even gave me a free steam game. the racing games were a lot of fun.

I entered the CS:GO Gun Game competition to win a GTX980TI. I dont do too badly online and won a couple of practice matches during the day. nek minit, first round starts: get absolutely annihilated, lowest score in the first round of 140 players (probably).

game%20over.gif