SAU Community

Piglet's Rebuild Of His Busted Tomei 2.8

Yeah I know you know,  but I forgot what it was , Alz kicking in , LOL
Cars a ton of fun , gotta luv that torque default_wub.png&key=c0e4ff4ec46fbd82dbb38a84e14a32a9d0b42cf935efed05f1092ebfcb6e5984

[emoji57] 'old man syndrome'

Also get a cams and go do a track day [emoji12]

10 hours ago, D_I_F said:

emoji57.png 'old man syndrome'

Also get a cams and go do a track day emoji12.png

That's only because I am old , ish :) 

I've had the crabs , whats a cams , is a cam a singular cams  ?

Track day , I have been waiting for Paul to get the :249_whale: going and I am starting to think I have missed the boat ?

• Like 1

Cut the man some slack, i can think of a few other builds that have taken longer. As i always believe, if you have to wait for something and the end product is exactly as requested or better, its worth the wait.

Also, hurry up carnt. I wanna see my predictions come to fruition

• Like 1

On 17/09/2017 at 6:45 PM, fatz said:

My bad only 5.5 monthS

f**k yea time for a tune I say

ps if you are paying for this service I would find somewhere else to get it done as even this is giving me the shits

It's been ages but in all seriousness, it's given me time to fund it all. I got over being a pest and giving deadlines years ago. They never happen and just piss me off. I really couldn't give a shit when it's done to be honest.

• Like 2

Headed out there yesterday to pick up my dead starter motor. Greg made up a bracket for the pre throttle/post throttle MAP sensors. Almost looks factory! Sneaky fuel pressure sensor hanging out too.

Scott was tuning a WRX last night to clear today for my mcnug. Petrol tune first, cap to pressure at 20 psi. That will be more than enough for "commuter fuel".

IMG_5304.JPG

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Piggaz said:

It's been ages but in all seriousness, it's given me time to fund it all. I got over being a pest and giving deadlines years ago. They never happen and just piss me off. I really couldn't give a shit when it's done to be honest.

Best attitude to have for a project car. Avoids a lot of hurt feels. 

35 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

Best attitude to have for a project car. Avoids a lot of hurt feels. 

yeah it does, but then you get depressed because people stop asking about your project car because it has fallen into myth status and every year less and less is accomplished on the build

Suppppper early days. Scotty mapped the gearbox, the thing shifts like silk. It ain't spewing oil out either which is good! Got a misfire on cylinder 5, will look into that tomorrow.

18 psi by 3700 ish RPM on petrol with cams set at 0/0.

V cam looks like it would have been a waste of time. Scott can get it to surge at 2500 RPM. Need a 9180 ?.

25 kw behind at 3700 rpm compared to my full effort -5 E85 run.... on petrol... with a misfire.

IMG_5325.JPG

• Like 5