SAU Community

Piglet's Rebuild Of His Busted Tomei 2.8

Suppppper early days. Scotty mapped the gearbox, the thing shifts like silk. It ain't spewing oil out either which is good! Got a misfire on cylinder 5, will look into that tomorrow.
18 psi by 3700 ish RPM on petrol with cams set at 0/0.
V cam looks like it would have been a waste of time. Scott can get it to surge at 2500 RPM. Need a 9180 [emoji23].
25 kw behind at 3700 rpm compared to my full effort -5 E85 run.... on petrol... with a misfire.

IMG_5325.thumb.JPG.23dfac4c18f1025529048116ab79e8e5.JPG
Yes yes, good good. Shame it's not an RB30 you could stop there

Just now, acsplit said:
7 minutes ago, Piggaz said:
Suppppper early days. Scotty mapped the gearbox, the thing shifts like silk. It ain't spewing oil out either which is good! Got a misfire on cylinder 5, will look into that tomorrow.
V cam looks like it would have been a waste of time. Scott can get it to surge at 2500 RPM. Need a 9180 emoji23.png.
25 kw behind at 3700 rpm compared to my full effort -5 E85 run.... on petrol... with a misfire.

IMG_5325.thumb.JPG.23dfac4c18f1025529048116ab79e8e5.JPG

Yes yes, good good. Shame it's not an RB30 you could stop there

Would have to. RB30's don't rev... or something ?

On 19/09/2017 at 8:56 PM, Nismo 3.2ish said:

Great to hear it is all going good mate and cannot wait for to see it tuned up on E85 and in full flight :521_rocket: 

When are you strapping the 9180 on :) 

Thats more a question for you Mr 3.2L V cam ?

57 minutes ago, Mick_o said:

Thats more a question for you Mr 3.2L V cam ?

HAHA, piss off Mick, I have enough up top and now it's time for more down low and watch it go :) 

No upgrades yet Johnny , trying something soon but not sure if it will make much difference and will post the results , if any :/ 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nismo 3.2ish said:

HAHA, piss off Mick, I have enough up top and now it's time for more down low and watch it go :) 

No upgrades yet Johnny , trying something soon but not sure if it will make much difference and will post the results , if any :/ 

There is one part of it I reckon has a fairly good chance to, look forward to seeing how it goes though :)

On 9/19/2017 at 8:10 PM, Piggaz said:

V cam looks like it would have been a waste of time. Scott can get it to surge at 2500 RPM. Need a 9180 ?.

IMG_5325.JPG

Mate 273.1KW...  You are barely behind my -7's at full flight hahahahhaha

1 minute ago, ActionDan said:

Just race from traffic light to traffic light and you'll be fine, maybe? 

A mate of mine still gives me shit about chopping my old GT-R in his Bluebird when I had a busted AFM lol

you still have AFM?

This needs to be entered in the street car 1/4 mile championship... you know the one for registered cars with h pattern boxes that is currently dominated auto sq wide body r32s with nitrous

kebab racing runs a 7.4

step up pigsarse

40 minutes ago, Anfanee said:

Turbo isn't the size of a small planet but the car is :4_joy:

Sorry pigz, this car is going to be mental. When does it go up for the full tune? 

I believe Scott is spending all day on it today. No idea where it's all upto apart from the information I've posted.

Cant see it making anymore than 480 awkw. That's as much as Scott has seen out of a 8374.