SAU Community

What Clutch Do You Have?

Looking for a new clutch, i already have a jim berry full monty and i hate it, i have already worn the pucks out trying to drive it normally on the street, i want something that drives like the exedy hd i use to have, i was thinking a hd button or hd cushion button or sports organic, i need one early this week so npc is also out of the question, max power will probably be about 300rwkw, doubt i will be doing in drift but i will be doing a track day or 2.

so what do you have that drives normal and holds around 300rwkw?

i have a NPC Bigmouth clutch with 3800-3900 lbs clamp im at 350kws so far and handles 3rd gear clutch kick no problem. cost me $740 and took 2 days to get to me. drives like a stocker pretty much, lighter then stock pedal feel.

http://www.npcperformance.com.au/ thats the website

Edited by nick81xd

i have a NPC Bigmouth clutch with 3800-3900 lbs clamp im at 350kws so far and handles 3rd gear clutch kick no problem. cost me $740 and took 2 days to get to me. drives like a stocker pretty much, lighter then stock pedal feel.

http://www.npcperformance.com.au/ thats the website

So it slips like a stocker when taking off in traffic? the jim berry i have now has 4000lbs of clamping force and is an absolute prick to get off the line unless you dump it, the one thing that might be differnt is that the jim berry only has 6mm (i think thats what was written on it) of travel, makes it very hard to slip.

So it slips like a stocker when taking off in traffic? the jim berry i have now has 4000lbs of clamping force and is an absolute prick to get off the line unless you dump it, the one thing that might be differnt is that the jim berry only has 6mm (i think thats what was written on it) of travel, makes it very hard to slip.

Yeah, you can slip it like a stock clutch to get it off the line, My last clutch you had to build up revs and dump to not stall.

Yeah, you can slip it like a stock clutch to get it off the line, My last clutch you had to build up revs and dump to not stall.

+1

A few days of practice and you can drive them great off the line. Good to see so many happy NPC customers here

I have the 10" Sprung button NPC Clutch + Lightweight billet flywheel. Would never consider anything else now. Been a faultless performer for over 2 years

i have a bastardised JB Full Monty. Got a stock flywheel, 300zx plate and cover and 5500 clamp, jim was saying its slightly larger than the stock plate and cover. It shudders like a bitch when its cold, but as soon as its 5 minutes in on the drive its like a normal clutch. It can catch a few people off guard but only took me 25 mins max to sort it out.

i have a bastardised JB Full Monty. Got a stock flywheel, 300zx plate and cover and 5500 clamp, jim was saying its slightly larger than the stock plate and cover. It shudders like a bitch when its cold, but as soon as its 5 minutes in on the drive its like a normal clutch. It can catch a few people off guard but only took me 25 mins max to sort it out.

mine shudders all the time, its just not traffic friendly, was actually nice when i first put it in but once it bed in it was a prick.

Brett i got one of these 10" carbotics fitted too, can be a little bitey off the line, but you get used to it pretty quick and seems to be getting better the more I drive it..only has 3-400kms on it...the rest of the time its extremely civilized with heaps of bite...

Also, while JB recomends the stock flywheel , I belive NPC recommend there lightened one as it has cooling channels in it..this stops it getting hot when stop starting in traffic which could be part of your problem....This will cost you another 400 or so tho..

I send you a pM bud :thumbsup:

I have a jb full Monty carbotic and I have absolutely no trouble driving it on a daily basis. It was pretty close to the floor initially, but Dvs Jez adjusted the freeplay on the clutch when I was getting a tune and it was heaps better to drive after that.

I have a JB Full monty carbotic with 4100 lbs of clamping force for my RB25/30DET + GT3076R.

Its drivable, but DEFINATELY not slippable off the line like a few other clutches I have driven. It also shudders like crazy if you do slip it. After all the hype about them on here, I have to say I was disappointed with the end result. Makes the car far less of a street friendly car.

I was contemplating going a Nismo Coppermix twin plate or an NPC 10". But at 700-1900 dollar expense, it's something I dont want to do just now considering I need a new diff aswell.

Edited by R32Abuser

I have a KB Clutch Engineering clutch, 6 puck ceramic sprung button centre (exedy) and a 1300kg pressure plate, I forget what material it's made of, but not organic. It was $420 including delivery. Been through 3 drift days so far, feels fantastic and very light on the foot. Never slipped, had many series of 3-4 clutch dumps from high 3rd gear rpm (stock rb30) and never changed the feel, hasn't heated.