SAU Community

What Makes The R33 "ugly" ?

I own a big fat 4 door 33 boat and i love it. My favourite skyline shape but its not something to look at in stock form. Nothing could be uglier than a series 1 4 door with no kit,standard height and series 1 tailights.

YUCK!!!!

34 is just nissans attempt at remaking the 32 because the 33 was seen as too conservitive and bulky.

Most 32 coupes look like shit-tins to me. 32 front end in general is quite blehhkkkkk but you can see where they got the idea for 33 front end if you make a 32s blinkers clear ;)

The fact that I have 5 silver R33's in my driveway may make some people think that I am biased towards R33's.

Like UWSISH! I fell in love with my GTR the first time that I drove it and after 7 years that feeling is the same every time I fire it up to go for a run,

The ugly duckling of the R33 family is a Series 1 GTS_T with a stock front bar and the little rear spoiler. Both of these parts make the car look rounder and bulkier than it really is. My Series 1.5 came with a 400R front bar and we did a full Series II front conversion with new bonnet, headlights and front bar and at the back we went for a factory GTR rear wing (not to mention a full Series II interior).

The R33 Series II is the evolution of the model run and looks the best by far. When you look at a R34 some of the bonnet lines and headlight shape has its origins in a Series II R33.

I love my R33's and I am not biased one little bit.

32333435.jpg

I dunno, i think the R33 looks pretty swish sitting side by side with its brothers.

But i guess thats GTR's :) hehe.

I tend to agree with what most people are saying. And personally i think most GTS/GT Skylines look pretty average out of the box. They just need a touch of love and they come up looking pretty sharp IMO.

IMG_8528.jpg

Edited by gotRICE?

Is that one up above what you call sharp? Coz to me it still looks like a 2 door camry

Get off the grass...

So long as Series 1 S14 exists, there isnt a 33 coupe alive that looks like a camry.

And i hate Series 2 front end. Yuck.

Im amased this thread hasnt turned into a bitxh fest yet, except for rsfour chris sounding like a broken record.

If i had my pic it would be the rear end of a 33 but the front end of the 32. Out of all the asses the 33 has the best. That was my bases for decision

Youve all forgotten about the Series 1 R33 Marone colour of death. The spoiler and stock look just add to this horrible abomination!

this,other then that , IMO they look damn sexy.it aint no s15....but still a massive potential powerhouse...and the bulging body of the 33 alludes to this....

Was waiting for you to show up Noel haha

Have a look in your rear view mirror next time you have a 32 behind you and let me know if you can tell wether its an early 90's laser or a 32. I cant.