SAU Community

What Makes The R33 "ugly" ?

Ive always loved Skylines, ever since I can remember and far far before the fast n furious mob decided to steal the show....my dream car is an r34 gtr vspec2....a beautiful looking car.

I currently own an r33 gts25t and was admiring the lines of the car as I was washing it on Saturday...

What I want to know is , what is it that makes the r33 skyline unanimously ugly.

Ive heard terms like a"worse looking Nissan ever made" , " worst looking skyline " " r33's are just ugly boats" thrown around all the time but I cant seem to understand why.

I think Nissan did a great job with the evolution of the skyline from the r31's to the r34's , you can see the shape of the car evolve through the different iterations....with the 34 being the baddest(and best looking skyline)

The r33's (and even the 32's and 34's) are beautiful cars to look at and to drive.

I know this will vary from person to person, but those that think the r33 is ugly - why?

• Like 1

I think the series 1 rear oval spoiler is just bad...

But I think what makes people think R33 is ugly is the bulbous look of the car with no 'aggressive lines and cuts' to make it look like a tough box.

Not one damn thing wrong with the R33.

When you have three people in a room, two tend to pair off and it makes the other guy feel like the odd one out. Or there's always a scapeboat 'er scapegoat.

To watch Kurosawa take his R33 around Nurburgring in 8'01" was poetry in motion.

• Like 1

To be fair there are some really nice examples of R33s around - its just that they are the heaviest and R32 and R34s are just more popular

maybe in the GTR, but certainly not in the GTS-t.

i don't mind the r33, except for the 4 door. nissan really dropped the ball on the 3 door r33.

and i prefer the look of a bog stock r33 gts-t to a bog stock r32 gts-t. the r32 looks good with an aftermarket front bar (or a GTR front bar), but the stock GTS-t bar looks pretty ordinary (in the same way that the stock GTS r33 bar looks ordinary).

but it is always good to remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. some people think commodores and falcons look good (and some certainly do), and others think a r32 look better than a r34. it's all personal taste. no point arguing with people over it.

I don't think R33's are ugle, I like the look of all Skylines( If they don't look like the above) there the best cars in the world, But to me I love the look of R33's over the others , :3some:

And out of the GTS-t's/GT-t models. I think the R33 is way better

Edited by dyl33

i think its more that there are so many hideously retarded looking 33s around (exhibit A) that it reflects poorly on those us that actually make our cars look half decent

A:

160.jpg

Quick, burn that thing n then burn the person who made it that way

Agree with pistol-pete, some R33's tend to look cheap and ugly when its been through some really bad owners, especially those who are into sex spec. Dont get me wrong sex spec can look good when done right and money is poured into it, just the other day saw a sex spec R33GTR drive through rockdale and i was like

:
thumbs-up-obama-not-bad.jpg

But i would never own one.

funny thing is though, a poor condition r32 looks much worse than a poor condition r33 or r34. i saw a r32 4 door yesterday, it was a silver one with a black bonnet, average paint work and a massive crinkle along the drivers side rear door. it was just like a skyline shapped beat up vn commodore really, lol.

to me the r32 is really starting to show its age and look dated, and there are certainly more and more tired examples of them getting around, and fewer and fewer tidy examples. a bit like the s13. that to me makes me think of a model of car being ugly, rather than a poorly modded one.

well there seems to be a myriad of reasons , yes modified skylines can look different to different people , but i think the stock shape of the r33 series 2 (minus the shitty indicator lights) is a beautiful shape..... To each their own i guess...