SAU Community

R32 Gtr, The Final Build

SimonR32

You car has come out mint, looks damn fast too, good all rounder, the best kind.

couple of questions for you if you have a minute to answer, your Cusco and UAS adjustable arms, how much noisier are they than stock rubber bushes, as in knocking, clunking, NHV etc. I'm kind of hoping that quality bits like Cusco wil be better, but even a quality spherical bearing joint must be noisier?

Also, i have the same Trust sump extension on my car, do you have aftermarket baffling or just the stock windage tray etc. with the extension welded on?

do you care to share your wheel alignment specs :D

I don't notice any NVH from any of the arms/joints. Actually you would be surprised how standard feeling the car feels, when I took it over the pits the guys there said it was so docile plus it's really quiet with the jasma cat back. The loudest thing now days is the fuel pump :unsure:

Its got the Trust extension, extended pickup and welded baffle that the kit comes with.

Alignment is pretty neutral, lots of front camber and castor, average rear camber and everything else fairly much neutral

Edited by SimonR32

• 1 month later...

Time for an update, last track night I went out in the wet and managed to chicken wing the front diff and torque steer a lot... All the way up to and including 5th gear which subsequently killed the front diff.

20130914_114752_zpsfb769311.jpg

So after chasing these oil into catch can issues for a while I decided to bite the bullet, pull the motor out, replace the front diff and weld 2 fittings onto the sump. One is going to lead to the top of the catch can as a vent and the other to the bottom of the catch can as a vent/drain, all in dash 10 lines. At the moment they are blocked because we are running out of time and don't need it for powercruise this weekend which should be fun.

20130921_135621_zpsa08b89e1.jpg

All back together and ready for Powercruise, just needs a wash now. Will try and sneak it on the dyno before the weekend to squeeze a bit more power out of the old girl.

20130930_150236_zpsc4ade2a0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

How much boost is that?

Also wouldn't a line from the sump to the top of the catch can allow for oil to push its way up the line and into the catch can or is there not much pressure there once its venting?

Is it still the std headgasket and original motor? Your cars always kick a55! Glad you are an R32 owner and dont fiddle with 33s :)

It had a set of Grex cams and 1.2mm head gasket when it came from Japan (we assume it's a Greddy one as pretty much everything on the car was Trust/Greddy). When we had the sump off to put on the sump extension we checked out the internals and they are all OEM from 1991.

Since then all we have done is put on the Trust sump extension, Ati balancer, Reimax oil pump gears and now after the OEM head bolts stretched it has copped for ARP2000 head studs

Edited by SimonR32

• 1 month later...

Speed Event Series at Barbagallo on the 15th of December.

I finally got my catch can vent and drain plumbed in, just have to get the gearbox changed (and slipping in some Nismo engine mounts at the same time) then I'm ready to go :)

20131124_101709_zpsce19f989.jpg

Edited by SimonR32