SAU Community

Antz 1994 R32 Gtr Project & Restoration

Ants

Good work man, awesome to see !

Did you find perfect run to be cheaper than RHD ?

The answer to that is yes, yes and yes. They are excellent to deal with and fast delivery.

Edited by Ants

Been frantically trying to put the car back together

So first up the I took the front LHS mudguard off completely and gave it a good wash (really stupid I know but I'm anal :w00t: )

IMG_1081_zps6b13ee79.jpg

I also got to tidy up the vents in the mudguard for the oil cooler as they used to look like this

IMG_0153_zps114a06f2.jpg

Pretty bodgy job done IMO :closedeyes:

IMG_1092_zpsfe302e37.jpg

Smoothed them out like so with the powerfile....mucho bettera

Then time to tackle the LHS front fender

IMG_1082_zps422e3fc0.jpg

Glue and sikaflex and other crap on it

IMG_1083_zpsc406d445.jpg

Most of it removed and cleaned up with Motospray Prep Wash (which I highly recommend)

IMG_1090_zps7059a6ec.jpg

the bolts, washers and nuts were pretty fubared

IMG_1091_zps657519b8.jpg

so replaced with some brand new ones sourced from supercheap auto

IMG_1098_zpse81f3945.jpg

Photo of front fender put back on car (still not fully bolted back into place but were getting there)

IMG_1097_zps8491cedb.jpg

I managed to put the brand new LHS N1 headlight into place

IMG_1108_zpsa4e0c074.jpg

and also managed to put the other N1 headlight on the car, which already has changed the appearance of the car.

Edited by Ants

Ok I am going throw a spanner in the works here and ask for you guys to help me :w00t:

For the project I wanted to put something on that makes the car perform well and looks the goods too (besides the engine itself), so I have been tossing up between

this

NismoIntakePlenum_zps6d8a7649.jpg

Nismo intake plenum - costs $1,982 (inc. p&H, duty + GST)

or this

carbon-driveshaft_zps8a0137a5.jpg

ACPT carbon tailshaft costs approx. $1,700 after P&H, customs duty and GST (and yes I did the calculations) from Vivid Racing

Please ignore the differences in costs between each items as that is not what I want to focus on (although every $ hepls) and I can only afford to have one of the above. I have heard some positive and negative things about both items but cannot reach a decision so I am going to let you guys do it for me :D

Whatever conclusion is reached, I will buy it and it will go on the car.

BTW my car will be mostly street orientated to start of with but then focused on track work.

Happy decision making!

Neither carbon shaft causes vibrations and nismo plenum does nothing

Happy to consider that option as well mate. But there must some benefits somewhere???

Edited by Ants

There definitely has to be a better way to spend the $1,700 with more tangible results - what are you doing suspension wise? Changing any of the stock arms for adjustability?

I am begining to think that you are right, which is why I probably couldn't come to a conclusion.

Will be replacing the old (worn out) el sport suspension (has HKS) coilovers) with either Tein or BC racing suspension(not entirely sure which one yet). Have not thought about any other suspension mods as of yet. But would like to put down as much of the grunt to the bitchumen so need to think about that too.

Edited by Ants

Having had a carbon shaft, you can DEFINATELY feel the "on/off/on" throttle response impove. However, mine was a bucket and the amount of vibration that was going through the car was rediculous. IF the company could totally 3000000% garuntee that it wouldn't be unbalanced, i'd buy another one and try again.

Torqline in the UK seem to get a good wrap. I know God_Speed has one on his NUR and there isn't an issue.

Having had a carbon shaft, you can DEFINATELY feel the "on/off/on" throttle response impove. However, mine was a bucket and the amount of vibration that was going through the car was rediculous. IF the company could totally 3000000% garuntee that it wouldn't be unbalanced, i'd buy another one and try again.

Torqline in the UK seem to get a good wrap. I know God_Speed has one on his NUR and there isn't an issue.

Really sad to hear your carbon tailshaft was a dud. In fact it is quiet disapointing because you do pay good money for something like that.

Yep, improvement in throttle / engine response is what initially caught my attention to potentially buy a carbon tailshaft. But there seems to be some gremlins surrounding this.

Maybe should bite the bullet and just go with carbon tailshaft and if it sucks well I will put the old one back on.

Edited by Ants

That Torqline CS composite tailshaft is a nice bit of gear; It is such a shame it hides under the car :D

I have just requested a quote from torqline. Got a feeling it is going to be more costly than the ACPT item...but I will let you guys know :teehee:

Edited by Ants

That Torqline CS composite tailshaft is a nice bit of gear; It is such a shame it hides under the car :D

I have just requested a quote from torqline. Got a feeling it is going to be more costly than the ACPT item...but I will let you guys know :teehee:

Worth it if it actually works and you don't have to "make it work". haha

If you do go down the path of suspension arms, etc check out the SPL gear out of the states. Top shelf stuff & all their z32 gear will work for you.

Also, love your build!

Thanks mate,

I Will check it out.

Edited by Ants

Just a quick update.

IMG_1119_zps048f6fc9.jpg

Car now supports AP Racing 6 Pot caliper Brakes with 343mm rotors ;) (could not go 356mm as only got 17in rims for the moment)