SAU Community

People Don't Want To Race Our Skylines.......

Just noticing some strange things whilst recently spending a little more time driving around in the GTR.

Remember way back when you'd be hard pressed to get a couple of days when there wasn't a story about street racers, hoons, speeders etc.

I recall personally the number of people who used to want to line me up at a set of lights for a bit of a go..

I even had someone in a WRX want to race me when on my GSXR some years ago... :ermm:

But I've been driving my mildly worked GTR around for a couple of years now, albeit not daily, but have really felt the difference and general increase in driving maturity on the roads lately. Result of increased Police presence possibly.

So is it a sign of the times or are people just choosing their races heh heh..

Do you get people wanting to race you when in your Skyline on the street often or at all ??

lol...nobody races GTRs cause they know there is a good chance they will lose....try driving around in a somewhat stock looking 33 gtst...every muppet with a v6 wants a race...man I get heaps of Mazda 3s wanting to race me, gawd knows why .......

But I do like to toy with em for a little bit... Like a cat with a mouse, I just tag around like I am having trouble keeping up for a few kms.....then show em whos boss... ;)

• Like 2

If you go anywhere near bankstown every single Honda you pass will try and race you. It's insane. They could spend 20 grand modifying it and it still won't be as quick as my R34 (they all keep them N/A)

It's literally not even worth wasting the petrol showing them, I'm well aware I'm faster and that my car doesn't sound like a dying hippopotamus

• Like 1

If you go anywhere near bankstown every single Honda you pass will try and race you. It's insane. They could spend 20 grand modifying it and it still won't be as quick as my R34 (they all keep them N/A)

It's literally not even worth wasting the petrol showing them, I'm well aware I'm faster and that my car doesn't sound like a dying hippopotamus

Yes, it depends on where you take your car.

I had to chuckle once when fellow Exec Steve-0 was announcing at the drivers' briefing before a Putty Rd Cruise that we didn't need wankers from Bankstown hooning away up to Singleton.

One of the attendees then said, "b-b-b-but I'm from Bankstown" rofl

• Like 1

Yes, it depends on where you take your car.

I had to chuckle once when fellow Exec Steve-0 was announcing at the drivers' briefing before a Putty Rd Cruise that we didn't need wankers from Bankstown hooning away up to Singleton.

One of the attendees then said, "b-b-b-but I'm from Bankstown" rofl

Hahahah..... "Is there anyone from Bankstown in the audience?" This way please....

• Like 1

what i found is these turbo euros love to tag along in sydney.

on my way to work or home i have been getting on with golf r/gti, sirocco r, e46/92 m3, 335i, and one 997 turbo in recent weeks.

the 997 was a beast !! pulled aboout 3 cars when i reached 100. most are just 0-80 from lights and dodging traffics. I did get a chance to race a 04 e46 m3 from lights and we were dead even at 16x

I raced a Mitsubishi Outlander in an Subaru Liberty last night...shit was intense...The light turned green and we dropped clutch...1st gear it was neck and neck then shift into second and the Outlander got the nose on me, so I gassed it, slammed third and punched it...pulled a good half car length on him, I saw him hit 4th and take another crack at the title but it was too late, I had pulled too far away for him to catch me....then I realized I had hit 85kms and thought I better slow down now this is getting dangerous......The Outlander guy gracefully admitted defeat and also slowed down....

Didn't the court say it has to stay in the car, and when you're not in the car, it has to stay in your pants?

yep thats right, they "didnt" say that...

• Like 1

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but in my 3 yrs of Skyline ownership, I've noticed something I like to call "The Skyline Syndrome" wherein any knobend in pretty much any car, who hears a rumbly exhaust or thinks that all Skylines are Rocket ships, feels the need to have a go at the lights and try to prove their Hyundai Excel, Ford Territory or Porsche Cayenne is better.

I very rarely line up with the intention of Smashin'em with my Full Hektikness as I am not a Fast'n'Furious wannabe and am not interested in drawing unwanted attention or being labled as another Import driving Hoon.

It amuses me when they take off like a bat outta hell and then realise that you aren't as much of a d!ckhead as they are.

Plus you get to see how quick a Territory or Cayenne can be without wasting your own $174.9/L Fuel.

These are just a couple of cars I wouldn't have a crack at because having seen them do this,

they actually seem to be quite quick.

I have a measly 192.4rwkw and if on a track I would like to have a play but not on the street.

The other side of it is these cars would've cost alot more than mine too, but that message is pretty hard to get across with only a mashing of the loud pedal.

But if they've gone for it for 2 sets of lights and sufficiently been lulled into a false sense of security, I might just grant them the honour of hearing what a 17yr old RB25det bolted to a 3" exhaust sounds like as it at least gives them a run for their money or better yet, leaves them behind with the sweet smell of rich ratios. :D

TL;DR

In Canberra it happens alot.

• Like 1

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but in my 3 yrs of Skyline ownership, I've noticed something I like to call "The Skyline Syndrome" wherein any knobend in pretty much any car, who hears a rumbly exhaust or thinks that all Skylines are Rocket ships, feels the need to have a go at the lights and try to prove their Hyundai Excel, Ford Territory or Porsche Cayenne is better.

I very rarely line up with the intention of Smashin'em with my Full Hektikness as I am not a Fast'n'Furious wannabe and am not interested in drawing unwanted attention or being labled as another Import driving Hoon.

It amuses me when they take off like a bat outta hell and then realise that you aren't as much of a d!ckhead as they are.

Plus you get to see how quick a Territory or Cayenne can be without wasting your own $174.9/L Fuel.

These are just a couple of cars I wouldn't have a crack at because having seen them do this,

they actually seem to be quite quick.

I have a measly 192.4rwkw and if on a track I would like to have a play but not on the street.

The other side of it is these cars would've cost alot more than mine too, but that message is pretty hard to get across with only a mashing of the loud pedal.

But if they've gone for it for 2 sets of lights and sufficiently been lulled into a false sense of security, I might just grant them the honour of hearing what a 17yr old RB25det bolted to a 3" exhaust sounds like as it at least gives them a run for their money or better yet, leaves them behind with the sweet smell of rich ratios. :D

TL;DR

In Canberra it happens alot.

You're right, TLDR.

Artz, so its out brah?

After the heady highs of FnF 1 subsided, shit got back to normal.

/thread

obviously havnt driven around sa recently, plenty of dick heads trying it on.

Agreed, still plenty of action in SA, just driving home today in my GTR a VE SS wanted to play, its funny how Holden or Ford owners think that theyre factory over quoted flywheel KW figures in nearly 2tonne of car these days will compete in any way.

The fact of the matter is, the only advantage a gtr has these days at the traffic lights GP is traction and some kg's, GTS-t's are a dime a dozen with less power than the family falcodores so they are no longer anything special.

The fact of the matter is, the only advantage a gtr has these days at the traffic lights GP is traction and some kg's, GTS-t's are a dime a dozen with less power than the family falcodores so they are no longer anything special.

I totally disagree, but lets not even get started on an aussie v jdm battle here